Scotch

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sir, I would recommend attending the gala as it is-”

 

“I don’t want to hear it Jennie, I’ve already scheduled my afternoon for the new employeés and-”

 

“Ms. Mizuhara will be there, sir,” Jennie adds quickly before she’s thrown out of the man’s office and she sees how Jiyong pauses in his movement as he lowers his hand from the window he’s been leaning on, “I’ll see what I can do,” he says curtly and Jennie knows he’s sold, knows that Kiko is his weak spot.  She’ll get Seungri to handle the interviews anyway, how bad can it be?

 

“Jennie-shi,” Jiyong speaks and turns around to face the younger, “is there any way to not have Seungri be in charge of the interviews?” Jennie can see the disdain on the man’s face and knows it’s not because he dislikes the younger (he likes him very much actually, like an annoying little kid brother) but because he doesn’t really trust the younger’s judge of character.

 

“I’m afraid not, sir,” Jennie says with only a hint of a smile at the corner of her lips, it’s always fun to see their little mishaps and small fights; keyword being small. Their big fights such as let me throw this chair out the window and yell at you have always been quite terrifying and Jennie tries to avoid them as much as possible.

 

Jiyong sighs heavily and grabs his glass from his desk and takes a sip of it, it’s 8 am but Jennie’s pretty sure it’s scotch he’s consuming, he drags a hand through his hair and pinches the bridge of his nose before slowly nodding his head in defeat, “fine, but if he hires another brat like Junhwe he’s dead,” he huffs heavily and Jennie quickly nods, “I’ll make sure he doesn’t, sir,” and then she’s exiting the room quickly with a hand over her heart. Encounters with the Jiyong are always a bit overwhelming, just because of the amount of power the man radiates.

 

She sees Daesung walking down the corridor and quickly hurries over to him, “Daesung-shi,” she calls and sees him stop in his steps and turn around, “Jennie, how’d it go with the Dragon?” he teases but she knows he means well and actually worries about her well-being, because even such a close friend to Jiyong as Daesung can at times be frightened by him, “It went well, he’s coming to the gala and Seungri’s taking care of the interviews, he wasn’t so happy about that last part but I’m sure he’ll forget it as soon as he sees Ms. Mizuhara in all of her glory,” she whispers the last part so that if Jiyong were to walk out of his office, which she doubts since it’s still morning, he wouldn’t hear their teasing. He doesn’t take those matters lightly if any of the fifty or so ex-employees are anything to go by.

 

“Great, Kiko always manages to convince him to do stuff without even being present,” Daesung says with a shake of his head but he’s smiling and Jennie knows that he truly is happy for his friend.

 

“Oh and by the way, Chaerin wanted to see you,” Daesung says with a nudge to Jennie’s shoulder, “she’s officially taken you under her wing young padawan,” he teases and Jennie snorts and pushes him away a bit, “oh stop it,” she mumbles embarrassed and quickly hurries away toward the elevator, but of course Daesung doesn’t leave her there, instead he calls, “seen the force in you she has,” in a very bad attempt at a Yoda impression and Jennie stifles her giggles as the doors to the elevator closes.


 

_________

 

“Noona what are you wearing?” Jungkook chokes on his cereal as he sees his sister step out of her room in probably the ugliest dress he’s ever seen, “um, it’s an office dress,” she says with hesitation as she takes in his gobsmacked look, “you look so ugly,” he says and he sometimes wishes he had more of a filter when it comes to things like this, “yah!” she says angrily and Jungkook takes another bite of his cereal.

 

“I mean, I get the look you’re going for, but I hate it, please change,” he whines and Jieun smooths her hands along her dress to try and get the wrinkles out, it’s a few sizes too big and in a weird brown color, but it’s the only office attire she has.

 

“The what am I supposed to wear?” he pouts and twirls a little so that Jungkook can see the rest of the dress, he looks even more disgusted when he sees the back. “Maybe that um, blue dress you have,” he says with uncertainty and Jieun frowns, “I don’t have a bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter