Lie

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a month since their declaration of friendship and Jieun doesn’t think she’s ever been happier at work, of course they’ve had to keep up their professional facade but to be completely honest that hasn’t been that big of a problem. With Jiyong being so professional and Jieun following in his footsteps they’ve really kept it on the downlow. Perhaps it makes it sound like they’re secretly together or anything of that sort, but they are truly only friends. Quite good friends at that.

 

He’s been a lot kinder to her lately and less snappy, but still finds the time to scold her for getting coffee when he never specified that he felt like tea that morning. But at the same time as their friendship has been developing to more than strictly employee and employer, Jieun’s own emotions have been evolving.

 

It went from liking to, well, liking a lot, of course she can’t say she’s in love, she barely knows anything about him despite spending every single day with the man. But she certainly likes nhim. More than she should. And the  closer they get the harder it gets to keep her feelings to herself.

 

She knows it’s wrong, wrong to like her boss and wrong to like her boss who is very much taken, and wrong to like someone so much above her. But she can’t help it. Despite his cocky attitude he helped her after the Siwon incident and she’s never felt so safe in someone else’s arms before.

 

To make it even harder, Kiko seems to have  temporarily moved to Seoul and specifically made herself a more frequent visitor at the YG building than Jieun, and Jieun works there. What makes it harder for Jieun as well, is that Kiko’s so damn nice. She started letting Jieun call her unnie and constantly gives her compliments on her outfits and tells her what a good job she’s doing, like a true big sister of sorts and Jieun doesn’t think she’s ever felt this guilty.

 

It would have been so much easier if Kiko acted like a toward her, or if the woman had a bad attitude and constantly degraded people, but she’s probably one of the nicest people Jieun’s ever met and it makes it unbearable to deal with her feelings. But on a happier note, Jungkook’s managed to get in on the honor’s list in his school and will most likely be graduating with it as well. Not to mention his friend Chanwoo who he hasn’t stopped talking about, nor visiting. Jieun’s never been so alone at home before, a while back it seemed like she never had a minute for herself. Now she almost has too much.

 

Why all these thoughts hit her fist thing in the morning on a normal Thursday she doesn’t know and it puts her off for the day, she can’t perform at her best if she’s constantly thinking bad scenarios such as ‘what will happen if Jiyong finds out I like him’. She sees herself being fired, and on a more unrealistic note she sees herself being thrown off the roof. It’s unrealistic because she doesn’t think Jiyong would throw her off the roof for liking him, but also because she’d herself take the leap before he even have the chance to throw her over.

 

She puts her head in her hands and sighs heavily as the thoughts keep coming, jumping from her crying from embarrassment to Jiyong laughing at her to her contract being ripped to Kiko probably slapping her for liking her boyfriend. So caught up in her negative headspace she doesn’t even notice the sounds of incoming footsteps, she only realizes someone’s there when she hears someone clear their throat harshly and she sits up shocked and confused.

 

Expecting it to be Jiyong she doesn’t worry too much but as she rakes her eyes upward she notices that the body certainly doesn’t belong to her boss,. Reaching the suit’s face she sees no other than her boss’s father Mr. Choi and she immediately wishes she could sink into the floor.

 

“Mr. Choi,” she stands up startled and bows deeply at the grumpy looking man who’s staring at her like she’s the dog poop he stepped in, he sighs heavily and seems to mumble a curse word under his breath before speaking up, “where’s Jiyong-ah?” he mutters harshly and Jieun  hesitates for a second, should she tell him?

 

“He’s with...Kiko-shi, sir,” she answers truthfully and she sees his face fall into a heavy and angry looking frown and she wonders if she should have just lied, “I see,” he says and Jieun’s left standing awkwardly waiting for him to say something else or walk away. “I could call him for you,” Jieun timidly speaks and he looks at her like she just told him to get lost, “you think I don’t have my own son’s number?” he stares at her with a gaze so fierce Jieun has to look away from it.

 

“Forgive me,” she mumbles and looks down at her hands in fear of angering the man even further, “call him and let him know I have to speak to him,” he suddenly speaks before briskly walking away and Jieun’s left thoroughly confused, one second he’s offended by the thought of her calling his son and the next he’s telling her to do just that.

 

Despite the weird behavior Jieun follows his order and picks up her phone, dials his number and waits for him to pick up. “Hello,” his voice sounds groggy and Jie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter