Tokyo

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Have you landed yet? Is the first thing she sees on her phone as she steps off the plane and picks it up from her pocket, she sends a quick answer back before looking around the great hall to try and find anything indicating where she should go, but when the economy class exits the plane she gives up on finding the correct signs and instead follows the crowd.

 

She makes it to the baggage pickup and finds her suitcase fairly quickly, it helps to have a colorful one here, she thinks as she grabs it and attaches her bag to it and takes yet another look around, this time she sees a sign that says exit and if her 24 years of life is anything to go by she assumes that if you want to exit somewhere, you should follow the exit signs.

 

When she gets outside in the not too cold but not too warm air she takes a look around and is almost blinded by the amount of people surrounding her, but thankfully only seconds later she spots a car with the YG logo on and a man standing beside it looking as professional as ever, she guesses that’s where she’s supposed to be going. She approaches him quickly and shows him her badge with her identity, the one she uses to access the locked doors at work, surprisingly he doesn’t say anything to her, only takes her bags and puts them in the trunk before opening a door and waiting for her to enter. She does so and moments later they’re driving away from the airport.

 

She’s a bit too busy with looking out the windows at the city rolling by to even question if he knows where she’s going, she’s too focused on watching the buildings pass and the blaring neon lights outside of restaurants and small shops. It’s about twenty minutes later when the buildings become so high she can’t see the sky from her car seat and she guesses they must be in a very central part of the city now. The longer they drive the more professional looking the buildings become and the more expensive the shops appear.

 

Fifteen minutes later they’re stopping outside an expensive looking hotel and she tries to ignore the waking anxiety in her stomach as she steps out of the car and gets handed her bags, the driver nods at her and then she’s all alone. She has no idea what to do now but she guesses a good start would be to enter the building.

 

The lobby is as glamorous as she expected and she glances disappointedly at her shoes that look so very out of place on the sterile white tiled floor, she walks up to the receptionist and bows, “um, Lee Jieun, YG Global-”

 

“Oh right!” the man behind the reception says suddenly and gives her a card, “the elevator to the right, floor 12, door number is written on the card,”he says hastily and Jieun’s beyond surprised, shouldn’t they be checking her passport and booking number or call someone to make sure she’s really who she says she is? Strange.

 

Nonetheless she accepts the card and follow the instructions, elevator to the right and off at the 12th floor, she checks the number on the card and sees ‘1204’ and as she scans the corridors for her room she can’t help but take notice of how pretty everything is, she’s never been to a hotel like this and it makes a smile grow. She finds her assigned door and swipes her card, when the small pad turns green she pushes the door open and almost drools right then and there.

 

The hotel room is by far the most luxurious room she’s ever been able to call her own, she has her own kitchen as well her own living room, and then there’s the usual such as her bedroom and bathroom, needless to say, it’s more of an apartment than it is a hotel room and she feels that the money spent on it is money wasted as she’ll spend very little time here.

 

Nonetheless, she appreciates the effort and sighs happily as she sets her bags down and throws herself onto the bed, it’s a little early for dinner so Jieun decides that a nap can’t hurt.

 


 

The next day she’s down in the lobby, dressed professionally, and awaiting her car to come pick her up and drive her to whatever place she’s supposed to be at, she’s wearing a simple dress that goes to her knees and carrying a small bag with her for her essentials, granted, she’s got a bit more stuff than perhaps needed but you never know what the day can turn into and Jieun likes to be well prepared. When the car arrives she swiftly hops inside and before she’s even had the time to put her seatbelt on the car’s driving away and out on the streets of the city.

 

It feels like the ride lasts only for a few minutes as she barely has any time to look outside before they’re parked and her door’s opened, she steps out a little confused by where she’s supposed to go but and for the first time takes a look around longer than three seconds. They’re parked outside of a huge building with the logo of the Mizuhara company and she mentally hits herself for being so stupid, of course. How could she have forgotten?

 

She’s about to grab reach for her phone when she hears her name being called and she looks up hastily to see Seungri walking towards her, “ah, Seungri-shi,” she says and he smiles at the use of the (sort of) nickname, she hasn’t been so comfortable using it before but after constant nagging she’s given in. “I was just about to call, I don’t know where to go,” she confesses sheepishly and he waves it off and hooks his arm with her, “just follow me,” he sings as if they were suddenly sent into a Disney movie and she giggles as he leads her inside.

 

It’s a lot different from the YG building, that’s the first thing Jieun realizes. Where YG is black and white and sleek, Mizuhara is more on the colorful side but still as professional as the other. It’s a nice change, Jieun thinks as Seungri leads her to the elevators.

 

“What exactly are we doing here?” Jieun musters up the courage to ask and Seungri turns to her with a bright smile, “planning,” he says like that’ll explain everything and Jieun stares at him blankly, “right, planning,” she respond and they fall into a silence that is neither comfortable nor uncomfortable, it’s just there and Jieun doesn’t know what to do with it.


 

When they arrive at their floor and step out Jieun expects there to be a reception, so used to the YG building, but as they step out they’re directly met by two large glass doors that reveal the inside of the gigantic office where he can easily spot her boss lounging on a couch next to Kiko and two (grumpy looking) men sitting in front of them at a large desk. Surrounding them are Seunghyun, Daesung, Taeyang and a lady Jieun’s never seen before.

 

“Let’s go,” Seungri tells her before he pushes the doors open and announces their presence, she quickly removes herself from Seungri’s grip in fear of causing a misunderstanding and Seungri pouts sadly, “ah, Miss Lee I presume,” one of the old men speaks and Jieun quickly bows with a quiet ‘yes’. She doesn’t know who he is but by the looks of him he’s quite powerful.

 

“So this is the assistant I’ve heard about,” the other man speaks in Japanese and look at Kiko on the couch, and the puzzle bits start to fall into place and Jieun assumes that this must be her father, her super rich and powerful father. Jieun feels like she should speak up and so she does, “My name is Lee Jieun, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she’s almost shocked that she doesn’t stumble over the words as she hasn’t used Japanese for quite a while now, the man seems a bit surprised as well at first before snickering and looking at Kiko once more, “how many times do you think she practiced that?” he says condescendingly and she assumes he doesn’t know she speaks Japanese well enough to understand him. She wants to speak up and defend herself from this creepy looking old man but he could have her killed in five minutes and no one would ever know so she’d rather not take her chances.

 

She takes a deep breath and puts on a smile instead which the old man returns, although he seems creepy and even a bit evil, Jieun shudders.

 

“Let’s get to planning shall we,” it’s Seungri who speaks up and Jieun mentally thanks him for speaking up and ending the suffocating silence


 

“This event is an important part in our marketing,” the man next to Seunghyun speaks up from where they’re standing against a wall, “therefore I feel that while the usual chit chat will be going on, it’s important to parade our alliance, right Jiyong-ah,” he says and Jieun can see Jiyong clench his jaw as if he’s physically stopping himself from swearing or doing something inappropriate. “Right, father” he forces out and the man, Mr. Kwon, glares at him and Jieun feels very out of place in this whole family slash relationship drama.

 

“Miss Lee,” Mr. Kwon suddenly speaks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter