Bastard

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Violence and slight swearing

 

 

 

When Jieun wakes up it’s not to the sound of birds singing or to the smell of breakfast or to the soft touches of someone next to her, it’s to the shrill sound of her phone indicating that a text message has been received and she almost cries out in joy as she sees the message from YG Global Corporation announcing the off day for all employees as a result of the CEO of SM coming to meet with her boss. She jumps in her place but then she remembers that she’s not in her own bed and turns fearfully to see an empty bed beside her and she frowns in confusion. She lifts the covers slightly and takes in her half body and thinks that yesterday certainly wasn’t a dream so why am I alone?

 

She stretches her back before carefully standing up with the covers around her and wandering around the room for her clothes that are spread a little here and there, she picks up her skirt and slips it on underneath the covers and continues to look for her blouse. She spots it in the corner of the room next to a pair of socks and she grabs it and drops the covers. She wonders if Siwon will walk in and see her right in that moment like some cliche drama but when the shirt’s on and she’s fully dressed there’s still no sign of him. So she makes the bed and goes into the bathroom to fix herself up.

 

She takes in her appearance in the mirror and recoils slightly from her reflection as she sees her smeared lipstick and traces of mascara on her cheeks, “oh gosh,” she whispers and suddenly she’s extremely happy that she woke up alone. She washes her face thoroughly with the hand soap and it’s probably not the best for her skin but she doesn’t really have a better alternative at the moment. She doesn’t bother putting on new makeup as she’s not going to work today and doesn’t have a reason to look a part she isn’t.

 

She takes a final look at herself and yeah that final look is enough, she doesn’t need to see any more of her tragic appearance so she leaves the bathroom and exits the bedroom carefully. She walks past the living room and into the kitchen and yet there’s no sign of Siwon, but then she notices a note on the fridge addressed to her and she grabs it from the door and reads it.

 

Good morning Miss Lee

 

Hope you had a good sleep, I was called into work because of a meeting between SM and YG and had to leave your pretty face early-

 

Jieun blushes at the comment.

 

But I hope you have a pleasant morning, you’re welcome to stay for as long as you want and take whatever you want from the fridge, there’s lots of food, I’ll see you later.

 

Xo Siwon

 

She puts down the letter and smiles at his kindness, but then she hits herself on the forehead and groans at the pain, “how stupid can you get Jieun? Of course, he’s at work, he’s SM,” she mumbles to herself and laughs a little at her stupidity.

 

Just then her stomach makes a loud growl and she blushes before remembering there’s no one there to hear or see her, so she opens the fridge and waters just by the sight of all the food, a mixture between traditional Korean foods and American and she knows Jungkook would drool over this fridge as big as his room.

 

“What to eat,” she mumbles quietly to herself and sees some onions and tomatoes and some sausage and decides that she wants something easy on her stomach early in the morning, although it’s already 9 am.

 

She starts cutting up some vegetables and heating up a pan before adding the vegetables in some oil and practically frying them, so maybe she’s not being super healthy. She adds some tomato sauce and puree before adding the sausage and watching the mixture boil in the pan. She makes some rice in the rice cooker on the bench as well and when it’s all done she pours quite a lot of it into a large bowl, the rest she packs away in a box for Siwon if he one morning or night would like to eat something without putting any effort into it.

 

She eats it slowly while looking out the window at the people going on about their lives twelve stories down and wonders what Jungkook’s up to, he’s in school that’s for sure, but she forgot to text him goodnight yesterday because she was busy and she didn’t send a good morning text either so she has no idea what her brother has been up to.

 

When she’s finished her plate she puts them in the dishwasher and goes back to the bedroom, she grabs her phone from the bedside table and exits the room once again to take a seat in the living room. “He did say I could say for as long as I want to,” she mumbles amused at her own train of thought as she plops herself down on a couch.

 

She knows that today is just a normal work day for Siwon so he won’t be home until dinner and she smiles at her own thought, “surprise,” she mumbles and thinks about what kind of dinner she can do as a thank you and welcome home and every other thing they should celebrate. She wonders what kind of work he has to do today, and she wonders what kind of mood her boss is in. She probably shouldn’t put Siwon and Jiyong in the same thought but they’ve both got her curious.

 

She claps her hands as she remembers an old recipe that she’s sure he’ll love, “perfect,” she happily exclaims and leans back on the couch, but she won’t have to start just yet since there’s an entire day ahead.

 



 

“They don’t seem very happy,” Seungri mumbles as he takes in the looks of the old men entering the building, all of them probably double his age with wives half his age and he shudders as he takes in the sight of them, old and grumpy. Perfect, just what they need on an already grim day.

 

“Seungri, shut up,” Daesung mumbles from beside him and he quickly shuts up, not wanting to anger Taeyang, he’s no dragon but he’s no unicorn pooping rainbows either so there’s that.

 

They enter the large conference hall and take their seats, all the higher men sitting up front while the low lives like Seungri himself sit in the back, he sees Taeyang and Jiyong taking their seats in the very front and they don’t seem to be too happy about being there.

 

Seunghyun is the first one to speak from the podium and the room quiets down, “thank you for coming today,” he speaks and Seungri almost cringes at the tone in his voice, can he be more obvious about his dislike?

 

“Today we welcome SM Enterprise to our company,” he states and the YG staff (the few that are present) clap their hands. “This is a meeting regarding our partnership and therefore all voices count, whether you’re the CEO or secretary-” Seungri scoffs at that. They certainly didn’t give Jieun a chance, she’s not even invited.

Seunghyun continues his boring speech that Seungri barely pays any attention to until the clock reads 10:30 am and hands begin to wave in the air and voices get louder, a person a few seats behind Seungri gets the word and Seungri immediately wants to punch him in the face as the words pass his mouth, “your dating scandal with Kiko is an obvious threat to our partnership as her father’s company is known to market SM as a bad company, what is your answer to that matter Mr Kwon?” the old man grumbles and Seungri can see the way Jiyong’s fist clenches.

 

“My private relationships have never affected my work before because I know how to differ the two, so I don’t see how this could possibly affect our partnership,” he speaks sassily and Seungri knows he’s pissing many powerful people off with that tone.

 

But the man behind Seungri doesn’t seem to give up again, “I understand that your private life is to remain private, but are we supposed to pretend that having a Mizuhara in such close proximity to ourselves isn’t dangerous?” he speaks out to the crowd who begin to mumble between themselves and nod their head in agreement and Seungri is too tired for some grandpa to start .

 

It’s like he can’t control his limbs because suddenly he’s standing up with his hand held high and Daesung-shi grabbing at his pants begging, no, pleading him to sit down. “Yes, Seunghyun-shi,” Seunghyun speaks from the front and Seungri cringes at his whole name being spoken by the elder before speaking up.

 

“I don’t see how this will be a problem, considering the relationship is not new and has been going on for the past two years,” he sees Jiyong facepalm at the front and although he knows he shouldn't have said that, but he couldn't just let the old man berate his boss like that without knowing all the facts.

 

“Then isn’t it possible for this to be some sort of conspiracy to make us fall?” the man shouts and suddenly the room is deafening Seungri’s ears and he knows he should have just remained in his seat but something had to be said, even though it made it worse.


 

“Silence!” Seunghyun calls from the front but the damage is already done and none of them seem to even notice him calling, but suddenly an angry voice calls loudly and everyone in the room freezes, Jiyong’s standing at the front and if this was a cartoon Seungri’s pretty sure there would be smoke coming out of his ears.

 

“Enough of this!” he calls loudly and the people still standing quickly take their seats, no matter how old or powerful they are none of them are willing to go up against Kwon Jiyong,  but when the room has returned to its previous state Jiyong speaks again.

 

“M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter