Home

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been gone for years it feels like but here you go!

 

“Noona?” there’s a knock on the door and Jungkook’s tentative voice travels through cheap wood but Jieun is unmoving on the floor, cardboard boxes around her and random trash bags with stuff she doesn't want to keep, in one of the boxes is the outfit she got from Kiko, they’re probably the most expensive and luxurious clothes she’s ever owned but she doesn’t want to keep them for obvious reason. She’ll probably just give them to Yuna or something.

 

There’s another knock on the door and then the handle rattles but Jieun’s locked it to keep her brother out, she hears a deep sigh on the other side of the door before footsteps fade away and she’s left alone like before. She isn’t exactly making the situation any easier for herself but she’s never felt this way before about anyone and it’s making her confused and downright childish. It’s already been 2 weeks and they’ve settled it all with Yuna and her boyfriend, where they’ll be staying for the summer before hopefully moving back to Seoul or somewhere else. The old lady in the house has been nice enough to give them the summer to decide, either she’ll keep it unoccupied for when they get back or she’ll rent it out to someone else, but they’ve got the summer to decide because not many want to live in the neighborhood they do, so there’s no rush.


 

The clock on the wall reads 11:35 am and Jieun sighs heavily before mustering the energy to stand up and get a move on herself, knowing that the truck to come and pick up their stuff will be there any second. To her left there’s a desk, completely clean from her usual makeup things and random stuff and it looks too , too foreign. It makes it feel real, though. The move, the goodbye.

 

She dusts off her skirt and unlocks the door to step out into the corridor where Jungkook’s already carrying out boxes from his own room and down the hall to the two men helping them, she greets them quietly and gestures toward her room where her own boxes are kept. Surprisingly it only takes about twenty minutes for them to get all the boxes and when they’re ready to leave Jungkook thanks them and pays them while

 

She’s only really awakened from whatever stupor she’s in when Jungkook nudges her shoulder and gestures to the clock that reads 12:18 pm, meaning they’ll have to leave soon to catch their train to Busan. He gives her a small uncertain smile which she reciprocates less than enthusiastically but if Jungkook’s bothered by it he doesn’t let it show.

 

They grab their suitcases and check the fridge one last time to make sure they haven’t left anything to rot, when the whole apartment is cleared Jieun takes one last look a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter