Wrong

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a week since she was accused of being the culprit in leaking the dating scandal of her boss and his girlfriend and she’s been on a total of four official dates (and a half if you count the dinner which was cut off) with Siwon, it’s not much but it’s more than she’s been on in the last six years together so she’s happy. The only thing that seems to be going wrong now is her work relationship with her boss, he’s been avoiding her and when he hasn’t he’s been ordering her around more than necessary. He’s been rude and disrespectful and showed no respect for her privacy nor her work ethic and it’s seriously getting on her nerves. She understands that he’s on edge after the scandal but the thing is, he doesn’t treat everyone like that.

 

Sure he’s not all smiles with the others but he doesn’t glare at Jennie or shout at Donghyuk, so why is he hating on her? Is she still a suspect?

 

He’s not happy with her and he doesn’t spare to show it at any given moment, but he’s her boss and she’s his employee so of course she doesn’t question his motives, she continues to bring him coffee and get him his lunch and schedule his meetings despite his obvious hatred for her. It’s making her a bit sad and lonely at work, not that they were ever the bestest of friends but at least he didn’t seem to hate her back then. But despite the tension at work there are good moments, she eats lunch with Siwon and sometimes dinner as well, and he sneaks glances at her when she walks down the corridor towards the copy room and smiles at her when she goes out for her daily coffee errands.

 

It’s truly not all bad.


 

Another week passes and she grows closer to Siwon whilst her relationship with her boss stays tense and uncomfortable, even Seunghyun (or Seungri as she’s heard people call him) has stopped talking to her and she wonders if that’s her boss’s order. It hurts when she sees him turn harshly as soon as he spots her but she doesn’t let it get to her, this is her job and she won’t lose it that easy, not when Jungkook needs her and the money to go to school.

 

Siwon continues to ask her out for lunch and dinner and it’s gotten to the point where Jungkook doesn’t text if she’s coming home anymore because the answer is almost always no, but he doesn’t seem to mind so much because he’s been spending his days in school and then at his friend’s house so Jieun doesn’t worry too much, at least he’s not alone.

 

It’s around 4 pm when Siwon texts her regarding dinner at his place and Jieun flushes brightly, they haven’t been to his place yet, their dinner’s have always been at a restaurant or a cafe but Jieun guesses he’s gotten tired of that and perhaps wants to cook her something. So she smiles and sends back a quick ‘sounds good, text me the address :)’ before her boss sees. She quickly receives the address with the code to the house (his own house!) and hurries to put down her phone. She opens up her computer and logs in and the first site that pops up is her email, she frowns not remembering using her email earlier but then again, she doesn’t remember what she had for breakfast, although she does remember her boss’s lunch order and today’s 3 pm coffee, such information will not leave her brain even if she forces it.

 

She closes the tab and opens a document, getting ready to respond to the email JYP sent regarding another dinner party but she’s stopped by her work phone beeping, she presses the button and her boss’s voice echoes through, “Miss Lee, you’re free to leave,” he says and she frowns at the phone, “but sir, it’s only 4 pm,” she answers and at first there’s only silence but then his annoyed voice cuts through again.

 

“I’m cutting your day short, good bye,” he snaps and then the line beeps and cuts off and Jieun releases the button and leans her head in her hands, “what am I gonna do now?” she wonders out loud before grabbing hr bag and phone and leaving the office. She knows about the cameras which also means that she knows her boss can and will be watching if she leaves, and he seems angry enough and Jieun doesn’t want to make it worse so it’s best to leave when he says to.

 

She bows at the familiar faces behind the reception desk and for once they actually bow back and she smiles, at least so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter