Day 1

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as the door to the penthouse open Kiko’s sprinting away from the kitchen and into the hallway to greet Jiyong, completely ignoring the group of men passing by them and into the common are where Jieun’s seated, the first person she sees is Seungri and he runs over to her happily and starts to look her up and down at her injuries which she merely brushes off and tells him they don’t hurt and that she barely notices them.

 

The next person she sees is Taeyang who gives her a small nod in acknowledgment but doesn’t say anything else, instead, he takes a seat in one of the chairs in the common area and picks up his phone. Seunghyun isn’t far behind and he too takes a seat but only for a second before regretting his choice and walking down the hallway toward the familiar bathroom before taking a sharp right to where Jieun doesn’t know.

 

She recognizes two of the boys from the IT department but the rest of them are unfamiliar as they pile into the apartment and look around in amazement, some of them presumingly haven’t been in here before, judging by their reaction, Jieun was the same the first time she visited.

 

Just then Seunghyun returns with a glass of red wine in his hand and an unfamiliar boy next to him who resembles him quite a lot, and she wonders if it’s the blonde hair that does it, with two different hair colors maybe they wouldn't look so alike.

 

And then (finally) Jiyong steps into Jieun’s line of vision with Kiko by his side and Jieun’s shocked over how well put together he looks, not that he usually isn’t but she guesses he doesn’t get super drunk and spill secrets every night, but what does she know?

 

“Miss Lee,” he greets her and she stands up from her seat next to Seungri and bows a bit, “Mr. Kwon,” she answers and that’s the end of their interaction, he walks past her and to the kitchen, presumingly to follow in his brother’s footsteps and get a glass of wine, and it leaves her standing wondering why he’s not mad at her for still being in his home long after having overstayed her welcome.

 

“Miss Lee,” Taeyang speaks from his seat and she turns to see him with her phone in hand, “the recorded information will be very useful in court and I want to thank you for handing it over to me,” he speaks curtly and she doesn’t know how to respond so she only bows her head, “it’s out of batteries and I’m sorry that i did not keep my promise of returning it first thing in the morning,” Jieun’s a little surprised by his apology so she fumbles for words before mumbling a timid, “it’s okay,” and he gives her a quick smile that quickly slips off his face before continuing, “it kept ringing this morning but I assure you I did not answer them,” he tells her full of honest but she’s not really interested in his loyalty, what she’s interested in is who kept calling. She knows even before she asks.

 

“Do you remember the name of the person who kept calling?” she questions and he nods and gives her the phone, “a-” he hesitates, “bunny fanboy I think it read,” he adds and Jieun curses under her breath.

 

She’s about to ask if she can borrow someone's phone when a phone rings and the IT guy from last night curses softly, she’s not sure if she can call it cursing as he’s not actually using any real curse word, just a jumble of words said harshly, he fumbles in his pockets before picking it up and frowning at the screen.

 

“What is it?” another boy that she doesn’t recognize asks and Yunhyeong, she thinks his name is, bites his lip, “it’s my brother,” he mumbles before picking it up, “Chanwoo, I’m at work,” he says although he’s at his boss’s penthouse and the boy, Chanwoo, says something on the other line and Yunhyeong seems to choke on his own breath before hesitantly answering yes and looking straight at her. “Um, he wants to talk to you,” he says with uncertainty and Jieun blanches, she’s never met a boy with the name Chanwoo in her entire life.

 

But despite that she walks over to him, knowing all the eyes in the room are on her, and takes the phone from his hands, and out of all the things she expects to hear, it isn't her little brother Jungkook yelling at her about worried he’s been and how much trouble she’s in. “Young lady!” he yells and Jieun has to remove the phone from her ear to spare her hearing, “do you know how much trouble you’re in!” he shouts and Jieun looks around the room at the perplexed looks of the people present, who probably think she’s talking to Yunhyeong’s brother.

 

“I’m older than you,” is her weak response to his ‘young lady’ but he pays her no mind as he starts yelling into the phone while Yunhyeong and the rest just stare at her, “Jungkook why are you on Chanwoo’s phone?” he asks before he can yell again and he heaves a dramatic gasp, “how do you know his name? Does he have anything to do with you being gone for so long? Chanwoo!” he yells the other boy’s name into the background and Jieun moves the phone away from her ear once again, cursing her brother for being so loud.

 

“Jungkook this isn’t really the time and place to-”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter