Alliance

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Your latté, sir, and your chicken wrap- also, Daesung-shi called regarding a welcome party for the new employees-” Jieun has trouble hurrying after him as he walks casually down the hallway toward his office, he’s taking long strides and her legs aren’t that long so she’s half jogging after him, schedule in hand and a bag containing chicken salad hanging off her arm.

 

“And you have an appointment at with a Choi Siwon from SM after lunch- I scheduled it as late as possible as I know how-” she cuts off abruptly as he stops in the middle of the hallway and turns to her forcefully, “Choi Siwon?” he asks and he looks a bit pale Jieun thinks.

 

“Yes,” she answers and if possible more color drains from his face before he looks her up and down, she blushes under his gaze and tries to shy away but then he straightens up and speaks, “what are you wearing? Do you call those high heels?” he starts and the shyness from before flies out the window as Jieun takes in his words. What’s wrong with what she’s wearing?

 

“Um, a dress, and yes these are classified as-”

“I don’t want to hear it, borrow some shoes from Jennie-shi if you have to but when the SM representative gets here I want you looking prepared and put together,” he says before stalking down the corridor, leaving Jieun confused and with a chicken salad. What the hell is his problem? She thinks but then slaps her forehead, everything is his problem why do I bother to ask?

 

She pouts bitterly before stomping her way down the corridor in her high heels and angrily dropping off the chicken salad on her desk and picking up her phone, she’s made a habit of checking her phone once every two hours ever since Jungkook’s incident two weeks ago.

 

Since that day a lot has changed and at the same nothing has. She’s still got her job, thankfully, but Jiyong’s still the bitter man he was when she first met him, although he’s even more annoying now, if that’s even possible. When he dropped his pen under his desk he called her while she was away copying documents to come pick it up for him, she did of course because the slightest mistake and he’d fire her on the spot.

 

But he’s grown used to it now, and sadly, so has she, therefore she no longer eats outside of the building. Instead, she packs her lunch in her bag and eats it at her desk so that if he would need her she wouldn’t need to run down the streets of Seoul with a bucket of chicken wings in her arms.

 

She’s about to sit down at her desk and check her mail when she hears him call for her from his office, “Miss Lee,” he calls and she rolls her eyes before hastily making her way to him, “yes, sir,” she enters and before she has time to react she’s hit in the face with a flying shoe that hits her right on the temple. “Ah!” she whimpers and brings a hand up to her face, she’s sure the spot will bump and bruise but she’s less focused on the injury than she is on why she’s injured. “Sir,” she tries to keep the anger at bay and as she glances at him he’s looking a bit sheepish, as sheepish as someone as stoic as him can anyways.

 

“I can probably sue your for that,” Jieun frowns and runs at her aching forehead, but as she takes in his expression he doesn't look one bit scared or shocked, only bemused.

 

“But will you?” he asks in that annoying tone that says ‘I know everything’ and Jieun knows that she can’t lie, so she doesn't. Instead, she grumbles looks down at the floor, “no,” she finally says and the snicker receives does nothing to up her mood.

 

“Why do you have these anyway?” she questions as she picks up the shoe that hit her from the floor, she expects him to respond with that's none of her business or ask why she cares, not rub his neck like he's nervous and bite at his lip. A thought crosses Jieun’s mind and it's not a pleasant one so she decides to ignore it and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter