Don't

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope you enjoy! <3

 

“You’ve reached Lee Jieun, unfortunately, I’m not here at the moment so leave your message after the beep.”

 

“Jieun-ah, I’m sorry, please call me back.”

 

“You’ve reached Lee Jieun, unfortunately, I’m not here at the moment so leave your message after the beep.”

 

“I should have trusted you, I’m sorry. Please just call me back.”

 

“You’ve reached Lee Jieun, unfortunately, I’m not here at the moment so leave your message after the beep.”

 

“I know you don’t want to have anything to do with me but please, just hear me out. I’m so sorry for not believing you, I really don’t have an excuse for that and even if I did it wouldn’t make anything right. But Jieun-ah, I know now that I was wrong although I know saying that won’t make this any better I just want you to k-”

 

There’s a beep indicating his time is up and Jiyong in a deep breath and sinks down in his couch with a heavy body and a tired mind. He’s left her at least ten messages the last hour and god knows how many before that. But as to be expected Jieun hasn’t answered a single one of them.

 

In addition to being completely isolated from the world for 72 hours he’s also well beyond tipsy, it’s pathetic, to say the least, but there’s really not much he can do. He’s been restricted from travelling anywhere until the press has calmed down and since he doesn’t feel like hanging out with any of his friends and Jieun won’t pick up her phone (not that he blames her) he’s left to drink away his problems in his penthouse that feels a lot more lonely now that Kiko’s stuff are all gone. He hadn’t realized how much of the stuff lying around was actually her’s until she’d left with it.

 

She’d taken all the decorative pillows because she’d been the one who bought them, but he’d just assumed it was him because they were in his apartment, she’d even taken cups and glasses from the cupboard because they were her’s, to begin with.

 

It looks pale and bleak now, very sterile and boring and Jiyong almost feels like a stranger in his own home. Sipping his third (or is it his fourth?) bottle with the sounds from the TV in the background he barely notices when the front door opens and his brother enters. The only reason he realizes that someone is there is because Seunghyun practically gags as soon as he gets out of the hallway, Jiyong imagines he probably doesn’t smell so good after 3 days of no shower and only alcohol. At least he’s gone to the bathroom to relieve himself when needed.

 

“Brother this is pathetic,” Seunghyun mumbles as he steps over a pile of clothes on the floor and Jiyong scoffs tiredly, “don’t I know it,” he mumbles and lifts the bottle to his lips but Seunghyun’s quicker and takes it from him. “No more alcohol for now,” walking away toward the kitchen to pour the drink out in the sink leaves Jiyong staring helplessly as his only help gets taken away from him.


 

“Why are you here, hyung?” Jiyong can’t help but question his brother’s motive, shouldn’t he be mocking him or something?

 

Seunghyun gives him a small pitiful smile and sits down beside his drunken brother, “I came to tell you that you’re allowed outside now, the press is still everywhere but they’ve calmed down enough for them to not be seen as a threat to your life anymore,” it takes a few seconds for the news to click inside his head and he blames his drunken state for that but as soon as he gets what it means he hauls himself up from the couch and sluggishly drags himself toward his room.

 

“I’ll go see Jieun, then,” he says happily albeit a bit slow and Seunghyun rushes over to him and grabs him by the shoulders, “not like this you’re not. Why don’t you rest for a bit, little brother, and I’ll have someone to clean up in here for you, how does that sound?” rational part of Jiyong’s mind is doing a happy dance at the great proposal and longing for that much needed night of sleep, but the drunk part and the desperate for Jieun part of his mind thinks that’s the worst thing ever. He doesn’t need rest he needs to see Jieun even though she might slap him as soon as she sees him.

 

But as it should be, the rational part wins and Jiyong nods solemnly while Seunghyun pats him on the shoulder in a comforting matter but Jiyong shakes him off, he’s not in the mood for Seunghyun to play the caring older brother there to support him through thick and thin even though he needs him. But Jiyong’s not one to be dependent, he likes to do stuff by himself and get through his problems like the adult he is.

 

He kicks at a bottle as he heads for the stairs and fortunately it doesn’t break although it would have given him some satisfaction if it did, his walk is a little unsure and he almost misses the first step of the stairs and quickly grabs a hold of the railing, he’s less drunk than he’s tired but either way it makes it hard to get all the way to his bedroom without collapsing.

 

But when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter