Drunk

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning: vomiting

 

“Ageha…” Jieun mumbles to herself as she makes her way down the street in search for the club, there’s a lot of people around and the sea of heads bobbing around her aren’t helping in her search, she sees a large group of people dressed in very little clothes and shouting stuff her basic level of Japanese can’t pick up, but one word she hears and that is the name of the club.

 

She decides to follow them as they descend down the crowded streets toward where the club is supposedly located, they stop at a line that doesn’t seem o ever end and she looks up at the building to see a sign in the foreign language but if she remembers correctly it does spell out Ageha. She starts walking down the line and past the people waiting outside in search for the entrance to the club, she’s looking very underdressed she notices as she takes in the short dresses and high heels but hopefully she won’t be staying for too long. There’s a bouncer straight ahead and she sees his shirt with the logo of the club on, ‘aha’ she thinks and hurries up.

 

There’s a lar line outside but she figures that she’s not actually staying so it doesn’t matter, right? She pushes past a few couples and is just about to step into the club when a large arm stops her and a bunch of shouts can be heard, “get in line, just like everyone else,” the large arm speaks, of course it’s not the arm speaking but the man is far too tall for Jieun to get a good look at him. “No, you don’t understand, I’m not here to party,” she tries to explain but the arm scoffs and pushes her away from the doorway and she finally gets a look of him. She wishes she hadn’t, he’s more terrifying with a face.

 

“Yeah, you and all the others,” he points to a group of girls on the left that are out of the line and basically falling with every step, she assumes they’re not allowed in because they’re too drunk, but can’t he tell she isn’t?

 

“I’m just here to pick up a friend,” Jieun adds and the bouncer laughs once more before pushing her even further away, “better luck next time,” he mutters sassily and Jieun decides that she is far too tired to deal with this, “listen here you punk! My boss is inside and I’m here to take him home,” she shouts angrily and if she wasn’t so worked up she’d be apologizing right away, but this time she’s really not in the mood to stand outside of a noisy club at 2 am and fight with a bouncer.

 

“Oh yeah? And who’s your boss?” he taunts as if she’s about to say her boss at the local McDonald’s, but of course, he doesn’t expect her to say, “Kwon Jiyong,” she expects him to step aside and part like the red sea and let her pass but instead she’s met with a snort, “yeah right, and I’m Brad Pitt,” Jieun clenches her fists and tightens her jaw, she’s one word away from slapping the grin off his face, but right then a body comes flying out of the door thrown by an even scarier looking bouncer.

 

“Get that mess off the streets,” he hisses before going back inside and Jieun’s about to pick up her conversation with the bouncer when she hears a groan coming from the thrown body, she turns to him and with one look she knows that the pathetic drunken mess on the street is her boss. “Oh god,” she mumbles to herself and flees from the bouncer, ignoring the groans and complains from the people she pushes on her way through the crowd. “Jagi~” comes the drunken slur from the heap on the floor and Jieun falls to her knees and turns him over, “sir!” she exclaims and takes a look at his face, there’s a clear bruise forming around his right eye and his nose is bleeding a bit, “what did you do?” she questions but doesn’t expect and answer, it would be a miracle if he could even speak a full sentence now.

 

“Let’s get you out of here before anyone recognizes you,” she mumbles tries to lift him from the ground but it shows to be next to impossible to move him as he seems to weigh a ton and she starts to wonder what he’s hiding under all those suits. Grabbing him by the shoulders and hoisting him up he manages to get him standing before he’s toppling and if it weren’t for Jieun he’d be back on the ground again.

 

“Your h-hair smells nice,” he whispers as his chin leans on her shoulder and she tries to push him away which proves to not work, “and you smell like alcohol,” she answers angrily and he chuckles into her shoulder.

 

I can’ really take the subway with him like this, Jieun worries and bites her lip, what am I gonna do? She hears a gagging noise coming from the body currently hanging off of her and she panics as the noises continue, “oh no no no,” she mumbles hurriedly but it’s too late because only seconds later there’s a wet feeling creeping down her back and she closes her eyes in defeat. “God damnit,” it feels disgusting and it smells even worse but she can’t exactly drop him and run away.

 

A few careful steps in the direction of the busy and trafficked street proves to be nearly impossible but the make it far enough for her to signal a taxi to stop, she pushes Jiyong in onto the leather seats in the back and takes a seat beside him, “Keio Niwa Hotel, please,” Jieun manages to say and the taxi driver only nods before they're driving off.

 

She tries as carefully as possible to not let any of the vomit touch the seats but there’s only so much she can do, and when Jiyong starts to make even more gagging noises she knows it can’t be good. “I don’t feel well,” he mumbles with his eyes closed and Jieun rolls her eyes, what does he want her to do? Offer herself to be thrown up on again? Not happening.

 

Not far from the hotel Jiyong can’t manage to hold it in any longer and he throws up on the floor of the car which doesn’t go unnoticed by the driver who immediately orders them to get out, but Jieun tries to reason with him that there’s only about 5 minutes left until their destination but he’s not having it and Jieun can’t rally blame him, they’ve already made the night hard enough for him.

 

So at a red light, they quickly step out, and by they, I of course, mean Jieun drags Jiyong out of the car as his legs no longer seem to be working.  They make it to the sidewalk and Jieun lets him go and he falls very ungracefully to the ground, but at least he has enough consciousness not to let his head slam against the pavement, or perhaps he’s just very lucky. She whines and sits down beside him as she thinks over what to do, there’s no way she’s getting another cab and paying for a five-minute ride, no that’s not happening. But she can’t exactly wait until the worst of the drunkenness has passed and he’s capable of walking himself.

 

“Up you go,” grabbing Jiyong again and hoisting him up she turns around just in time for him to fall forward, this time landing so that he’s leaning against her back, she pulls his arms around her neck leans forward until she’s practically at a 90 degree angle and Jiyong’s feet are in the air, “put your legs around me, you idiot,” she figures after all the trouble he’s put her through she deserves a pass for all the insults. He does as said and puts his legs around her, clinging to her like a koala and she puts her hands underneath his thighs to hoist him up even further until he’s being carried in a traditional piggyback ride.

 

It feels like a perfect drama scene for a second until it all crashes and reality sets in. there’s not handsome guy carrying a pretty girl who's had a few too many drinks and slurs adorably, instead, there’s a sleepy and tired girl sacrificing her youthful back (covered in vomit)  to carry her drunk boss away from the public eye to save him some dignity in tomorrow's news. Not romantic or tv drama worthy at all.

 

She spots her hotel ahead and sighs in relief as the building comes closer and closer.

 

They’re practically just outside the doors when she hears the tell sign of someone being sick and not even a seconds later there’s a wet liquid seeping down her back and even down her pants, it makes her want to puke right then and there and so she hurries inside and doesn’t bother to greet the people at the reception who must be staring at her incredulously as she walks past.

 

They ride the elevator up in silence and when they get out on the correct floor Jieun almost cries in relief, only a few more steps and she can finally put the disgusting Jiyong down and change out of her soaking clothes. She struggles with the card in her phone as it is in her pocket but as soon as the pad turns greens she’s running inside, (as fast as she can with a man twice her size on her back).

 

With one look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter