Friend

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You’re telling me that pictures of me, drunk of my , are out there for the public to see?” they’re in a big office that Jieun’s not sure who it belongs to and Jiyong’s on a couch with a hand in his hair and a distressed look on his face while his father and his brother as well as Taeyang and Daesung stand in front of him. Seungri’s there as well but he’s further back in the room next to Jieun who’s trying not to panic

 

“That’s nothing new to you, is it?” Jiyong’s father hisses at him angrily and Jiyong immediately shuts up and sits up straighter, she’s never seen anyone have this effect on him before. “The problem now is that the images aren’t just of you, they’re of your secretary as well,” he points toward Jieun with a sharp finger and Jieun flinches despite being meters away from the man.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Jieun stutters out and tries not to let her panic show, she claps her hands behind her back and hopes for the best. Jiyong turns to her on the couch and she doesn’t think she’s ever seen him this angry before, “what the hell were you doing there?” he hisses at her angrily and Jieun recoils violently. She bites her lip and stares at her feet in shame at being the center of attention, Seungri pats her shoulder to try and calm and reassure her but it does very little to help when everyone else in the room is staring at her in a mixture of anger, confusion and disgust.

 

“Answer me! Why were you at the club, and why with me?” he practically screams her and Jieun feels tears of frustration well up in her eyes, has he already forgotten what she told him this morning when they woke up? “I- you called me,” she mumbles and forcefully tries to keep her cries at bay. Jiyong goes to open his mouth but before he has any time to begin Jieun interrupts, “I’m really sorry but you called me, sir, and you were really drunk and I was wor- I mean, it’s my job to make sure you’re okay, right? So I came to pick you up but  you were really drunk and-” Seungri puts a comforting arm around her shoulders as her breathing picks up.

 

Jiyong’s no longer staring at her angrily, in fact, he even looks a bit guilty for almost making her cry, or at least she hopes that’s what his look means.

 

“I even called Seunghyun-shi!” Jieun suddenly exclaims and moves away  from Seungri to approach the couch and the other men, “is that true, son?” Mr. Choi questions and Seunghyun nods slowly, “yes father,” he says clearly and straightens up under the gaze of Mr. Choi, it seems that even he manages to scare Seunghyun.

 

“There are rumors,” Daesung speaks up and Jieun frowns and meets his gaze, “what rumors?” she questions and Daesung hesitates with a look at Jiyong before he continues, “dating rumors,” he mumbles and Jiyong suddenly stands up hastily and for a seconds Jieun’s afraid he’ll flip the table or something. “I’m with Kiko,” he speaks angrily and despite Jieun being very aware of that fact, it still stings a bit to hear it out loud. “We’re aware of that, Ji, but the public aren’t and the media’s looking for a scoop as always and this is the perfect moment for it,” Taeyang speaks and Jieun gets the feeling that perhaps she should have left Jiyong at the club and called Seunghyun instead right away, that way she could have avoided this, because it’s not only her boss’s face plastered in magazines, it’s hers as well.

 

A knock on the door sounds and seconds later it’s being opened to reveal Kiko in all of her glory followed closely by her father, looking pretty as ever and jieun feels a bit bad about the way she’s looking, but she didn’t have any time to get ready before she was dragged out of the hotel and driven here to be interrogated. “Jagi,” Jiyong hurriedly gets up from the couch and sprints over to her to wrap her in a tight hug and Jieun looks away, since when has that bothered her?

 

Jieun meets Seungri’s eyes and there’s a look in his eyes that she doesn’t like so she looks away quickly and sets her gaze on a building outside through the window, she feels severely out of place and she doesn't know what to do. Is she about to get scolded by Kiko as well? What’s gonna happen to her job?

 

“Miss Lee,” Mr. Mizuhara suddenly speaks up and it feels like time freezes and the hairs on Jieun’s arms rise, she breaks her gaze from the building and slowly turns toward him, “yes, sir,” she mumbles nervously and tries not to make it obvious how truly terrified she is. “A word please,” he says and gestures with a finger for her to follow him and she panics and looks toward Jiyong who’s trying to avoid her eyes, but she’s saved by Mr. Choi who speaks up just as she’s about to follow him, “that won’t be necessary, I’ve spoken to her enough, there is nothing to worry about,” he speaks and despite being a scary man and terrifying Jieun she’s forever grateful in that moment that he decided to speak up for her.

 

She can’t even begin to imagine how the conversation with Mr. Mizuhara would have gone.

 

She heaves a quiet sigh of relief as she sees Mr. Mizuhara grimace in defeat. But then she remembers, the pictures in the papers had very obviously been of her and her boss, both outside of the club but also outside of her hotel, so will she even be able to get to her hotel without being swarmed by reporters, she seriously doubt it, judging by the amount of articles already posted about Mr. Kwon and the ‘mystery woman’.

 

“Miss Lee,” Jiyong speaks up and she startles, she’d almost forgotten his presence as he refused to talk or even look at her, “I think it’s a good idea if you go home to Seoul, take three days off,” he says curtly and suddenly he’s back to being her boss and nothing more, so she bows deeply and answers, “yes sir,” and with that she exits the room without as much as a glance at anyone.

 

She agreed with him, she’s had enough of Tokyo anyway.

 


 

“Noona!” is the first thing she hears as she opens the door to her apartment and seconds later she’s got a koala hanging off of her and she struggles to stay upright as Jungkook clings to her, “Jungkook, I c-can’t breathe,” she wheezes and he quickly lets her go with a big smile, it’s only then she notices that he’s wearing an apron and she frowns and sniffs the air, it doesn't smell like anything’s burning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter