Mr. Kwon

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“That’s Dara-shi’s office, but like I said, only ask her when you really need to,” Seunghyun points to the right where a woman sits behind the glass doors with her hair tied in a neat ponytail and a pantsuit on, she looks quite intimidating and Jieun assumes that’s the look she’s going for. She’s typing furiously at her computer and she looks up for a moment and Jieun cowers under her gaze, I don’t think I’ll be asking her for a lot of help, she thinks and hurries after Seunghyun whose begun to walk again.

 

“That’s a storage room, not a lot of fun in there, unless you make it fun if you know what I mean,” he wiggles his eyebrows and Jieun looks away from his overbearing gaze, she feels her cheeks redden, she’s by no means a nor is she as innocent as she looks but that doesn’t make her comfortable talking about it, nonetheless with strangers.

 

“And finally we have arrived at the dragon’s lair,” Seunghyun gestures greatly with his arms and Jieun’s mouth falls open a bit as she takes in the sight of it, compared to the rest of the building (from what she’s seen) there is no other place where the roof is as high as it is here. The place is neatly organized with a smooth carpet covering the entire floor and art covering the walls, some understandable and some questionable, it’s all very black and white and very sleek and Jieun looks down at her shoes once again with slight shame.

 

“It’s all very...fashionista-ish?” she says in hopes of it not coming across as too rude or snobby but Seunghyun scoffs and smiles, “you think, you should see his office, follow me,” he says and begins to walk but Jieun grabs a hold of his arm quickly, “I’m not supposed to go inside?” she says it as a question since she’s a bit confused. They went over the rules just a few minutes ago and yet he’s inviting her in, is it a test?

 

“I’m impressed,” he says but instead of giving her a diploma for resisting he grabs a hold of her instead and drags her with him, she yelps as he drags her across the carpeted floor and toward the big entrance to the ‘dragon’s lair’ as he called it. “You’re allowed to go inside and clean up- or leave documents on his desk, just don’t hang around and lounge on the couch,” he jokes before he pushes the big doors in and she’s met with a beautiful view of the city, “wow,” she gasps and Seunghyun snickers beside her, “it’s a lot isn’t it?”

 

She nods mutely and makes her way forward to the great big desk in the middle of the room, there’s a name tag ‘YG CEO Kwon Jiyong’ and she lets her fingers move over the letters. He doesn’t do anything in halves, does he? She thinks and turns toward Seunghyun who's watching her.

 

“So, don’t come here if it isn’t important, is that the rule?” she asks and Seunghyun snaps his fingers, “correct you are!” he exclaims gleefully and Jieun giggles at his antics, she turns back to the desk and the view of the city and breathes deeply, if only Jungkook could see this.

 

The sudden thought makes her remember she brother who’s probably in school right now, “I almost forgot,” she says and Seunghyun nods for her to go on, “can I use my phone? I just need to call my brother,” Seunghyun laughs, “of course! There is no rule for the phones here except to have them on silent, but don’t let the big boss catch you with it, though, that never ends well,” his tone turns sour at the end and Jieun makes sure to make a mental note to never use her phone within a hundred meters of her boss, she would like to keep her work.

 

“Don’t worry, I usually just check up on him a few times a day but other than that I’m not super attached,” she says and Seunghyun nods in understanding before frowning, “why do you have to check up on you brother? if I may ask” he says and Jieun bites at her lip in wonder, what is she supposed to say? They’re not close so she can’t spill her entire life story, “it’s a bit personal, maybe after a few glasses of soju,” the last part spills out before she can even comprehend what she’s saying but thankfully Seunghyun doesn’t seem like the superior to take offense.

 

She’s relieved as he laughs and nods enthusiastically, “I have to take you up on that offer some day,” he says happily and Jieun smiles at him, it truly seems like a friendship is blooming.

 

“Well, you saw the desk right outside? That’s yours, you can fill it up with your stuff and the bookshelf behind is yours as well, you don’t have anything with you right now so if you need anything you can lend it from in here, but make sure to place it back exactly from where you took it, he’s very...meticulous with those things,” Seunghyun asserts as he straightens his tie, he takes a look at his wristwatch and his eyes widen, “I have to hurry up now, but you’ve got all the information you need for now, more will come later in the week. If you need something small you can call Jennie-shi on floor 16 and if you need something more serious Dara is just down the corridor and to the left,” Jieun bows deeply in thanks and speaks, “thank you Seunghyun-shi,” he smiles at her and waves.

 

“See you tomorrow biscuit,” and then he’s out the door, leaving Jieun speechless and perplexed, biscuit? She wonders. Where did that come from?


 

She exits the room but not before casting a longing look at the city, when she closes the door she spots the desk, it’s nowhere near the size of her boss’s but it’s not too bad, she walks over to it and drags a hand over the smooth black surface, there’s a stack of files on it and she frowns as she sees that it’s addressed to a ‘Ms. Assistant’.

 

To my assistant

 

These are yesterday’s files and as I’m not there to go through them, that is your job. Place them in alphabetic order and underline all the profitable transactions with green and all the nonprofit in red. Send them down to archive on the 3rd floor when you’re done.

 

Kwon Jiyong, YG Global Corporation ™

 

She scoffs at the ™ at the end, does he think she’ll try to steal his business? She’s not even sure what type of business it is he runs other than that it’s global, work with humans and lots of money.

 

She snickers at the small pile, she’ll be leaving early it seems, but as she goes to pull her chair out from under the desk it gets stuck on something and as she bends down she sees two large boxes with ‘Assistant’ written on them.

 

And as she opens them her eyes widen in horror, “you’ve got to be kidding me,” she whispers as she takes in the dozens of files the boxes contain and her previous plans of leaving early goes down the drain. There’s another box beside the desk closest to the window and she groans.

 

She grabs the first file on her desk but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter