Dog

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Miss. Lee, where’s my coffee?”

 

“Miss. Lee, send Chaerin-shi up to my office,”

 

“Miss. Lee cancel my four o’clock meeting,”

 

“Miss. Lee I asked for skimmed not flat,” Jieun sighs tiredly as she grabs the coffee from his desk, she walks on shaky legs out the door not completely used to the high heels and throws the cup in the bin outside. She sighs heavily as she takes her seat behind her desk again and sends a quick mail to the board about Mr.Kwon’s absence from it.

 

“It’s only nine in the morning how much more running do I have to do?” she mutters to herself and reaches down to massage her calves but as she goes to take off one of her shoes she hears her boss’s voice call for her again, she groans heavily and hurries up again, “yes, sir,” she says as she peaks through the doors.

 

“Did you really sort through all these yesterday?” he gestures to the files on his table and Jieun recognizes them as the devil’s files she stayed up for, she nods slowly in fear of him getting mad at her for doing something he didn’t assign her, but he only nods approvingly and points to one of the pages, “this is very well done, as I said, we do have computers to do this but you’ve succeeded quite well by yourself, although there are quite a lot of faults and...doodles?” Jieun blushes at the last part and looks down at one of the pages where a doodle of her brother as a bunny is drawn.

 

“I, I got tired since I didn’t have dinner. But I’m curious, if you didn’t assign me these then who did?” she asks straight to the point and he raises an eyebrow at her tone before crossing his arms, “perhaps Chaerin did, she’s usually hard on the new employees,” he says with a hint of a smirk in the corner of his lips and Jieun clenches her fists in slight anger, why would they force her to stay all night?

 

“Go get a chicken salad,” he says suddenly and Jieun frowns, he just had a bagel and a smoothie a while ago, is he hungry still? But nonetheless she nods and bows at him.

 

A chicken salad? Already? She huffs as she grabs her bag from her desk and walks down the corridor to the elevator, she almost trips over a slight bump in the carpet but quickly stops herself from falling on her face, she notices the slight snickers from the people behind the reception desk but pays them no mind and quickly hurries over to the elevator.

 

It’s not my fault they only had stiletto heels, she thinks angrily as the elevator slowly descends but when it suddenly stops on the seventeenth floor and Seunghyun walks in she quickly wipes the frown of her face. “Good morning Seunghyun-shi,” she says and hopes that her voice doesn’t sound too strained, “Miss. Lee,” he says and looks her up and down when he takes notice of her dress, “is the rest of your wardrobe in the washer or…?” he asks teasingly and Jieun blushes as she realizes she’s been caught, “uh, about that. I never made it home last night so,” Seunghyun’s eyes widen, “you stayed all night?” he asks incredulously and she nods shyly.

 

He doesn’t speak after but Jieun notices the impressed look on his face and it makes her quite proud, when the doors open on the ground floor she walks out expecting Seunghyun to follow but he stays put, “Seunghyun-shi?” he questions and he smiles at her, “I’ll see you later Miss. Lee,” he says and the doors close. It leaves her staring at the elevator doors in wonder, is he leaving? Isn’t the next floor the garage?

 

She shakes her head and tries to think of something else as she exits the building and hurries down to the cafe on the street corner where she picked up the pretentious ginger-spinach smoothie. “I’ll take a chicken salad and a vanilla coffee with skimmed milk,” she remembers the order of it being skimmed not flat and pats herself on the shoulder for remembering it. The man behind the counter hands her order over to her and he thanks her before hurrying out the cafe and toward the building again. She’s doing a lot of hurrying but it’s mostly because she remembers Seunghyun’s order about not being late, ever, so she’s trying to do everything as fast as she can so she doesn’t upset the dragon.

 

She rides the elvevtaor ride up again and passes by the reception where she thankfully does not tip on the carpet again and when she gets to the end of the corridor she’s shocked to see the doors to his office wide open instead of closed (and barricaded) like usual.

 

“Sir,” she calls as she walks toward the opening, not daring to cross it before he says it’s okay, “yes Miss. Lee,” he says and looks up at her, it’s like he’s beckoning her forward with his eyes so she takes a  few steps inside the room and carefully puts the coffee and the salad down, he goes to open his mouth but she beats him to it, “it’s skimmed, like you asked,” she says and he nods approvingly before looking athe salad.

 

“Take it,” he demands and she feels her eyes go wide, she just went and bought this for him and now he’s telling her to get rid of it, “but sir,”, “I don’t want it,” he says and she clenches her fistsand breathes deeply so to not start yelling at him.

 

“What should I do with it then?” she asks calmly, careful not to let any anger seep into her voice, “take it, I don’t care, throw it away, do whatever you want,” he says and goes back to typing at his computer, so Jieun has n choice but to bow and grab the salad from his desk, “close the doors on you way out,” he mumbles and he blows air out of her nose like an angry bull.

 

“Yes sir,” she answers tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter