Soju

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jieun quietly opens the door to the bathroom and peeks out in the hallway, it’s dead quiet and dark and Jieun wonders if perhaps Jiyong’s gone to bed already. It must be well over midnight by now she assumes and slips out of the bathroom with a t-shirt hanging off her frame and sweatpants threatening to fall off, her hair is still quite wet but at least it’ not dripping.

 

She winces as she takes careful steps on the cold floor as the wounds on her feet ache and sting, but at least they feel better than before. She wanders down the corridor to where there’s a small light coming and when she reaches the living room she sees Jiyong seated on a bar stool in the kitchen seemingly drinking something alcoholic. She pauses, unsure of where she’s allowed to go but when she sees her boss reach for the bottle to refill his glass she makes her presence known by hastily walking over and grabbing the bottle straight from his hands.

 

He makes an annoyed sound as she places the bottle out of his reach on the counter and grabs his glass to put in the sink, she doesn’t quite know why she does it, he’s allowed to drink as much as he wants in the office, not to mention at his house.

 

“Mr. Kwon,” she mumbles as she takes a seat opposite of him, “yes,” he answers and she pauses for a few seconds, “why does Siwon, no, SM, want to ruin YG?” she leans forward and puts her head in her hands and he mimics her position, “because SM doesn’t like YG Miss. Lee,” he says it as if he’s speaking to a child and jieun wonders if perhaps he’s already drunk,

 

“Why?” she presses on and he sighs deeply before groaning loudly, “because this is the real world and contrary to popular belief not everyone likes everyone,” he states annoyingly and Jieun mutters something not so nice under her breath before continuing, “but why?” she tries again and this time Jiyong’s facade falls and he slumps in his seat to her surprise.

 

“Do you really want to hear this story Miss. Lee?” he slurs slightly and she leans forward even more, “yes,” she answers and he snorts unattractively before pointing at her, “then we’re gonna need more to drink,” and this time Jieun doesn’t remove the bottle from his hands when he grabs it, nor does she stop him when he grabs two glasses and fills them both, or when he grabs another bottle from a cabinet above.

 

 


 

“So like, papa YG used to like mama SM, but then mistress Mizuhara came and ruined it?” Jieun slurs and takes a big gulp out of her drink and Jiyong claps like a five year old and grins wide, “correct!” he shouts and Jieun giggles and covers her face with her hands.

 

“But what about Si-Siwon,” she hiccups at his name before continuing, “what’s his deal?” she asks and Jiyong motions for her to move closer, she leans forward on her elbows but he motions for her to move even closer, so she climbs up on the counter until her face is only inches away from his, “what,” she mumbles and Jiyong recoils slightly at her vodka breath but he’s far too drunk to actually complain, he probably doesn’t smell that good either.

 

“We used to be friends,” he whispers and Jieun gasps dramatically and puts a hand over , “what!” she whisper-shouts as if Siwon’s in the room and she’s trying to keep quiet, “yeah,” Jiyong mumbles equally dramatic and Jieun boops his nose out of nowhere.

 

“So, you broke up cause of papa YG and mistress Mizuhara?” she questions and he grimaces at her before flicking her forehead, “we weren’t together you idiot,” he mumbles and she sticks her tongue out at him.

 

“But yeah, we weren’t friends anymore and as YG’s fame started to rise even further and SM’s stayed the same we got even more s-separated,” he yawns and leans back a bit in his chair, “and n-now, we absolutely hate each other,” he chugs the last of his glass in one go and Jieun stares at him amazed, but whether she’s amazed by his drinking or his story she doesn’t know.

 

“That’s intense,” she giggles suddenly and takes the glass straight from his hands to fill it up again, “but why do you absolutely hate each other?” she questions as she moves the glass up to his lips and forces the liquid down his throat.

 

“Because,” Jiyong pauses and moves the glass to Jieun’s lips instead, not wanting to be the only one drinking, “he hit you,” he continues and Jieun coughs a bit on the alcohol, she gasps excitedly an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter