Latté

Other World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Sir, please, I have to go” Jieun trembles as she holds her phone close to her ear and waits for Yunhyeong  to get back to the phone, she sees Jiyong looking at her curiously and she’s worried he won’t let her go.

 

“Boyfriend or what?” he taunts and Jieun turns violently and is about to yell at him when Yunhyeong speaks up again, “he was feeling sick this morning, correct?” he questions and Jieun nods even though he can’t see her, “yes, he had a fever and was coughing but he had a  test and he begged me to let him go so I did, oh god, did I make it worse?” she puts a hand over and breathes heavily.

 

“The physical activity during PE in school on top of the mental exhaustion of being sick is what made it worse, I wouldn’t blame myself miss Lee,” he says calmly and Jieun drags a hand through her hair, “so, he’s just sick, is that it?” she asks and awaits the answer in fear.

 

“No,” comes the verdict and Jieun gasps, “he passed out in school and hit his head, he has yet to wake up but we are positive he will when his fever has calmed down, we want to administrate a stronger pain killer but we need his guardian's written consent” Jieun feels a few tears travel down her cheek but she carefully wipes the away so that her boss doesn’t see her.

 

“I’m at work right now but I’ll be there as soon  I can,” she says and looks at her boss who still hasn’t said a word except taunt her about an imaginary boyfriend. When the line cuts she grabs her bag and quickly regains some self-control. “My brother’s in the hospital,” she says and she sees realization cloud her boss’s eyes at her words.

 

“I understand your worry, but why do you have to leave for that? Can’t your parents handle it?” it’s Seunghyun who asks and Jieun turns to him with a grim look, “I’m his guardian,” she states bows deeply at Jiyong, “may I leave? Please,” she asks and she’s ready to fall onto her knees if he says no, she’ll bow and beg until he lets her leave. But he surprises her by smacking his lips and sighing, “you have an hour,” he mutters and walks into his office, leaving her and the rest of the people behind.

 

“Thank you!” she calls after him but his doors slam shut before the first word is even out, she pays it no mind though as she hurries past the others and past the reception. She’s anxious and scared but it only makes her run faster to get to her brother.

 


 

I never hire people with kids? Why don’t I do that seungri? Because they get sick and my assistants have to run off to get them,” Jiyong hisses and Seunghyun takes a few steps back from the seething man, “I know, hyung, but he’s not actually her kid, just her brother,” he tries but Jiyong is having none of it. “That doesn’t make it better, he’s still underage and she’s his legal guardian,” Jiyong sighs heavily and sinks down in his chair, he drags a hand across his face and looks up at Seunghyun’s who’s looking sheepish. “I’m sorry, hyung. I’ll talk to her about it and-”

 

“No just send her a goodbye letter and send her on her way,” he says and turns away from Seunghyun who doesn’t look so happy now, “but hyung-”Jiyong cuts him off with a glare and Seunghyun gets the message to leave loud and clear. He bows sadly and moves out the door.

 

He doesn’t want to fire Jieun, she’s nice and funny and good at her job. Better than any of the others he interviewed, he frowns as he makes his way to the elevator, wondering if he really should fire her or not.

 


 

“N-noona?” Jungkook groggily mumbles as he sees a head of long black hair resting against his arm, she doesn’t wake and he takes the moment to look around himself and quickly realizes that he’s in a hospital, “what the hell,” he mutters and goes to move his arm which has Jeun sitting up abruptly and staring at him like she’s seen a ghost. “Jungkook? Oh god, you’re awake,” she throws herself at him and kisses his cheeks and his nose and he scrunches his face at her actions and tries to push her away.

 

“Noona stop it,” he mumbles and she leans back a bit to really look at him, she reaches hand out and caresses his cheek but as her hand travels higher Jungkook loses the feeling of her touch on her forehead, he frowns and brings a hand up to his forehead to check, he’s met by a heavy bandage covering his entire forehead and head and he frowns because did he have brain surgery in his fevered state or…?

 

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter