Mixed signals

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV*

  I drag myself out of the car and scold myself for sulking. I had pretended that I hadn't seen Sana and Dahyun but I listened to their every word. Is it right of me to feel jealous? Am I even allowed to feel jealous? A sigh escapes my parted lips as I walk slightly ahead of the others. I can't believe I fell for Sana. That I fell for her random acts of affection. 

  The gayest member of Twice. 

  I chuckle because what the fans say is true. She has no intention of hiding it either but she would never admit to it. And no one would dare ask such a question. A member of Twice is gay? I can just imagine the headlines and all the rumors that would be passed around. 

  A hand slips around my arm. "Are you okay? You're really quiet," Sana says. 

  I merely shrug, too lazy to open my mouth and speak. I feel her gaze on me, feel her eyes search my face. Then she brings her head closer to mine, leaning against me. 

  "You know you can talk to me right?"

  The sincerity in her voice and the proximity makes my heart skip a beat. I open my mouth to speak but close it a second later because not a word is coming out. I compose myself before trying once more. 

  "Yeah," is all that comes out and I suddenly regret it, wishing I had said more. 

  Her hands move down as she grabs ahold of my hand and swiftly interlaces our fingers. By now my heart is pounding so hard that I can hear it in my ears and my mind is racing. I try to take a deep breath but it gets caught in my throat when she starts to rub circles into my hand. 

  I can't run away or tell her to let go, I think. 

  Girls can hold hands without meaning anything right? Warnings flash behind my eyelids and it's almost as if I can hear sirens going off in my head. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to die of cardiac arrest right here, right now. I internally let out a sigh of relief when Sana stops the circular motions and pulls me inside while the others follow. 

  She removes her hand from mine and disappears. I sit down and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. Holding hands with Sana nearly gave me a heart attack. However, if it did, I would die happy. 

 

*Mina's POV*

  Arriving last in the house, I take a seat next to Tzuyu and watch Momo and Jungyeon disappear together to their room. My stomach churns when I remember that Jungyeon has a tendency of locking the door. I push the thoughts away, trying to avoid a headache from overthinking. I glance at Tzuyu. 

  "I saw you and Sana."

  She looks at me while her cheeks slowly turn a slight red. "Oh, uh okay."

  I chuckle at the barely audible fear in her voice. I pat her head and gesture for her to come a little closer. When she does, I push the hair away from her ear. 

  "I know you like Sana," I whisper. 

  She jumps back. "No, I don't."

  I stare at her. "You totally like her," I insist as her face turns a whole new shade of red. "She likes you back."

  Her eyes widen. "You're kidding. I mean, we all she's very ga-" she begins. 

  "What are you guys doing?" Momo interrupts and we back away from each other. 

  "Uh, just talking."

  Sana walks in and gives Tzuyu a confused look. Tzuyu jumps up, grabs Sana's arm and pulls her into another room. So I'm left with Momo and Jeongyeon. I can't help but notice how close they are... I wonder if they've-

  I jump up and force myself to stop thinking about such things. They could be straight and I could have it all wrong. But they could also be gay... I dash past Momo and Jeongyeon and run towards my room. Sitting inside is Nayeon. 

  "Are you okay?" She asks as she glances up. 

  "Me? Yeah," I say but I can hear the uncertainty in my voice. 

  I can hide in here for a bit. I can calm down and emerge when we eat dinner. I shake my head for acting so silly. They probably think something's wrong with me. 

  While making up a plan, a knock interrupts my thoughts. I get up and open the door only to be pulled out within a second. Momo then drags me to another room, shuts the door and sits down. 

  "What's up with you?" She asks. 

  I'll play dumb. "What do you mean?"

  "I may not be the brightest but I know you're playing dumb."

  Being alone with Momo has my senses on alert. The somewhat stern look she's giving me has me on the edge of my seat. I don't like eye contact very much so I try to avoid her eyes. 

  Then I hear her stand up and feel her arms embrace me. I fall back onto her bed and try to process what's happening. She's hugging me. That seems kind of out of character but I ignore my thoughts and hug her back. 

  I enjoy the hug, knowing that she doesn't know just how hard my heart is beating right now. My entire body feels like it's been set ablaze. I control myself from pulling her back towards me when she pulls away. She sits beside me and I notice her slightly uneven breathing. The redness of her cheeks. This is exactly why I haven't given up on this dork yet. 

 

A/N

  I'm going to try and introduce and develop the other members in the next chapters but I kind of get caught up in the ships. If there are any other possible ships you guys have, please suggest them.