A little selfish

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV*

  I flush with embarrassment. I press my forehead against the cool surface hoping that it would cool me down. As I do so, I hear 2 pairs of footsteps approaching and then a loud voice. 

  "What are you guys doing here?" Nayeon asks. 

  "Throbbing headache," I reply. 

  "We were just discussing something," Dahyun adds. 

  I get up quickly and walk over to Nayeon, feeling a little lightheaded. I throw my arm over her shoulder, leaning against her for support. "Let's go," I tell her and we walk out of the room. 

  I don't look back, not because I don't care, but rather because I wouldn't like to see Sana and Dahyun so close. It would make my head hurt more than it already does. I sound so devasted, I think and chuckle. 

 

*Sana's POV* 

  It irks me that Tzuyu and Nayeon are so close to each other. Pressed against each other. I place a kiss on Dahyun's cheek to help push the thoughts away. She laughs softly and we head back to the others together. 

  "Hey, the married couple's back!" Jeongyeon jokes as we walk in. 

  Everyone laughs and even Tzuyu has a smile on her face. I smile as well and resume my previous seat alongside Dahyun. Everyone continues talking until Jungyeon creates a silence when she asks, "Who would you date in the group Sana?"

  I think for a moment. "Dahyun?" I say with a hint of uncertainty. 

  "Dahyun?" Jungyeon asks, moving on. 

  She scratches the back of her neck. "Sana," she says firmly. 

  But when it's Tzuyu's turn, I pay more attention. 

  She looks down, clearly embarrassed. "Uh," she says. "Uh, umm..."

  "You don't have to say if you don't want to," Jihyo cuts in, saving her. "Or if you don't have anyone in particular."

  She nods slightly and it goes on. I slump, feeling...disappointed? A part of me wanted to hear her say my name. Now that I say it, it sounds rather selfish. I shake my head and focus on the excited talking instead. 

*~*~*

  Is she ignoring me?  Tzuyu has been avoiding me all day since I kissed her on the head earlier. Was it wrong if me to do so? She looked like she was in pain so I tried to help her. 

  As I leave our room, I catch Tzuyu nearby. I sneak up on her from behind and grab her arm. She stiffens immediately but relaxes slightly. I smile, having just caught her. 

  "Are you ignoring me?" I ask. 

  "No."

  "Why have you been avoiding me?"

  "I haven't been," she says. 

  "Was it because I kissed your head? Did I make you uncomfortable?" I question her. 

  She stays silent. "It was," I say. Her silence was like a confirmation. 

  "No, that's not it," she replies. 

  "What was it then?" I ask. 

  "I don't have to cling to your side 24/7 Sana," she says. Her tone betrays her words because it doesn't sound harsh at first, not until I process it. 

  "I know."

  She sighs. "Sorry if I came off as rude. I just don't have anything to say to you, okay?"

  "Who would you date?" I blurt out. 

  "Huh? Sa-" 

  "Who would you date?" I repeat. 

  "I don't know," she responds but I know she's not being completely honest. 

  "You're lying," I point out. 

  "What?" She says. 

  "You're not being honest," I tell her. "You know who you would date but you're just confused and not exactly certain about it."

  Once again she falls silent and I know I'm right. "So who is it?" I ask. 

  "Can't say," she says. 

  "Why not?"

  "Just...can't."

  I let go of her arm, feeling defeated, and walk back into our room. Why can't she just tell me? I wouldn't have judged her. She'd still be...Tzuyu. And it's not like the question is for real. I flop onto my bed and let out a sigh. I was hoping she'd say it was me, I think while closing my eyes.

 

A/N

  No MiMo this chapter but there all be some next chapter! Hope you enjoyed this one. I took the suggestion of Tzuyu ignoring Sana which will continue into the next chapter. I apologize for SaTzu being so slow-paced but it'll be worth the wait, I swear.