(Fin) Behind closed doors

The Gay line

A/N: this is the final chapter so I hope you all enjoy! :)

 

*Tzuyu's POV*

  It's been about two months since my little discussion with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. I can only assume that it ended well because they've been dating for a month and a half now. When they first told me, I was happy for them, until night came and the sounds of kissing kept me awake (you may be asking if they're really that loud and I can assure you that they are).

  The only possible downside of them being in a relationship is how quick Dahyun snaps when one of teases Chaeyoung, or how Chaeyoung threatens to fight every single one of us if we embarrass Dahyun. Once I remembered how she shoved Nayeon, I decided that it wouldn't be smart to test either of them. Jeongyeon, however, found out the hard way. She was teasing Chaeyoung's drawing, stating that it didn't look like what Chaeyoung said it was. Dahyun appeared out of nowhere and came to Chaeyoung's rescue, saying that her drawing was amazing and deserved to be in an art museum. Needless to say, she shut Jeongyeon up.

  The funny part about that incident was that it lead to a full-scale investigation as to why Dahyun was now Chaeyoung's knight in shining armor. After a mere two days, they both gave up and announced that they were in a relationship. The dorm erupted into absolute chaos. Jeongyeon began teasing them both while Jihyo kept telling her to knock it off. Momo and Mina weren't too surprised but I heard Mina whisper something about them being cute. Nayeon was silent throughout the whole thing, only speaking up when the racket died down. She stated that if they were happy, so was she.

  The excitement only lasted a few days because Chaeyoung and Dahyun saw nearly everything as an opportunity to make out. Apparently, I'm the only member that thinks it's funny. Maybe the other members that are bothered by it are just jealous that they have no one to make out with, I think with a smirk.

  "Dahyun! Chaeyoung! Can't you do that elsewhere?" Jeongyeon groans. I can't stifle the laugh that escapes me.

  An arm snakes around me from behind. "What's my girlfriend laughing about this time?" Sana asks.

  I still can't believe that Sana and I are official.

  "I'm laughing at the two dorks that just so happen to be girlfriends, and my roommates," I say, turning so I can face her.

  She shakes her head with a small smile. "My girlfriend is a dork, too," she says.

  "Yeah, but you love her," I say with a chuckle.

  "I do," she says, her smile never faltering.

  Her hand reaches up, caressing my face. I take her hand in mine, pressing a gentle kiss into her palm. "I'm lucky," I say in a quiet voice.

  Her smile fades, replaced by confusion. "What do you mean?"

  I smile. "I'm lucky because I'm able to call you mine," I say before kissing her.

  I pull away but she moves forward, pressing us against each other once more. "I'm the lucky one here," she murmurs against my lips.

  The urge to disagree with her bubbles up in my throat. I swallow whatever it is that I want to say, instead pulling her closer to me. "I'd love to disagree with you, but I'd much rather kiss you," I say, my words muffled by her lips.

  "You're already doing so," she says, smiling into the kiss. "Sorry, I'll be quiet now."

  "Okay," I whisper.

   And neither of us utter a single word after, just opting to kiss one another, soft and slow. At one point, I can't help but laugh against her slightly swollen lips, and when she asks, "What's so funny?", I simply shake my head with a chuckle and continue kissing her.

  She'll refute this for eternity, but I really am the lucky one here and I think that's okay.

*~*~*

*Mina's POV*

  "Momo and I already finished shopping a while ago. How much longer are you two going to take?" I ask once I spot Chaeyoung and Dahyun two aisles over.

  Dahyun scratches the back of her neck. "We haven't gotten much," she says with a sheepish smile.

  I let out a small sigh. "I know you two can't be near each other for more than ten minutes without having the urge to kiss, but the sooner we get back to the dorm, the sooner you two can stop worrying about anyone spotting your PDA."

  Chaeyoung drops Dahyun's hand and gives me a thumbs up. "You're right," she says. She turns to her girlfriend, "Come on, Dahyun. Let's finish up."

  She's already rounding the corner when Dahyun mutters, "It's not my fault you're so distracting."

  When they disappear into another aisle, Momo shakes her head, letting out a small laugh. "Think they'll always be like this?"

  "Like what?"

  "So affectionate in public places?" she asks.

  "They've been together for quite some time, I think this is just how their relationship will be," I answer.

  I feel her hand brush against mine, then her slender fingers interlock with my own. "I suppose you're right. It isn't much of a problem now that I think about it. They're careful."

  "Did you ever worry about us? Did you ever fear we'd get into some type of scandal?" I can't help but ask out of curiosity.

  She shakes her head. "No, never," she responds without a trace of hesitation. She squeezes my hand, "Besides if we did fall victim to some dumb rumor or scandal, we wouldn't have to worry. No one would believe it."

  I nod, slightly leaning into her. "That's true."

  Momo doesn't let go of my hand, even when Chaeyoung and Dahyun return, staring at our clasped hands. No one sends any nasty looks our way because nearly everyone assumes hand-holding between girls is completely platonic unless told otherwise. And they haven't been told otherwise so they pay no mind to us. 

  There's something so beautiful, yet simple, about being able to hold my girlfriend's hand in public without having to worry. Dahyun and Chaeyoung know what I'm talking about because the dopey smiles on their face say it all. In the public eye, there's nothing romantic about this. But the public only sees the film on the surface, what we allow them to see. To them, we're group members.

  I could kiss Momo on the cheek and they'd spin it into me being a "good friend" who wants to show her member some affection. I could tell her I love her on stage and people would be hollering about "friendship goals". It's funny, but I'm thankful. Thankful that they'll never be able to see more than surface-level, thankful they can't see what we do behind closed doors.

  So when I pull Momo closer to me, placing a kiss against her cheek, I don't worry. I know it'll be all over Twitter in a few hours, but it doesn't bother me. We'll only ever be friends to everyone who isn't aware of our relationship and I'm fine with that. I'd rather have them in the dark than know. If it were to get out one day—which it won't unless Momo and I decide to go public—we wouldn't have any space to breathe without desperate people making pathetic attempts to get even a small glimpse of some sort of affection. 

  Momo mirrors me, kissing me on the cheek, effectively dragging me away from my thoughts. "Are you okay?" she asks, brows knitted together in concern.

  I nod, leaning my head on her shoulder with a smile. "Yes."

  The truth?

  I couldn't be better.

 

A/N

  It has finally come to a close! I'd like to apologize about the length of this chapter, especially since it's the final one. There were many times when I considered putting this story on hiatus or even discontinuing it altogether. Though it was tempting, I didn't have the heart to do it. Looking over the chapters, it's quite obvious where I began to lose my motivation. However, I hope that this was somewhat satisfying. I know it isn't all that and it probably didn't meet your expectations, but I hope you forgive me. Let me know your thoughts and I'd really appreciate if you commented on what you wished I had added into this chapter. 

  

Sidenote: 

  This has nothing to do with the fic but, one of my favorite groups came out with a song today. Their name is Loona and the song is titled "favOriTe". You aren't obligated to watch it, but I was hoping you'd give it a listen. You have probably heard of them before, more specifically, the bad rep they've received due to trolls pretending to be fans. Either way, they're still pre-debut and they need all the support they can get, having come from a new company and being an almost two-year project. Anyway, my rant is done.

 

  If you've made it this far, thank you for reading! I appreciate every upvote that's been given and every single subscriber. You're all amazing <3\

 

Edit: i have removed part of Tzuyu's pov as i'm no longer comfortable with what i had wrote in the past. it's mainly because i have become more aware of what i'm putting out there, and with a lot of thinking, i realized that that was not something that i wanted to put out for others to see. i hope you all understand and respect my decision, and that it doesn't take away from the story.