A little too much

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV*
  I sit there, hands clenched, watching Nayeon and Momo intensely. What's Momo doing? Has she forgotten about Mina? I tune out the conversation between Dahyun and Chaeyoung, trying to make sure that nothing happens between them.

  I watch them for a few more minutes before I see Nayeon's body weight shift and then I jump up. I open the door, closing it behind me and grab Momo. Well, not before saying, "Sorry Nayeon, I have to borrow Momo for a minute."

  I drag Momo as far as I can from Nayeon before letting go of her. She stares at me, her cheeks dusted with a light shade of pink. Whether it's from embarrassment or Nayeon, I don't know. But I do know that I have got to ask her about whatever just went down, or was about to go down.

  I barely hold back a snarky comment because she's my unnie and even though I'm upset, I have to respect her. So I swallow a 'What the hell did you think you were doing?' and take a deep breath. I need to compose myself.

  "Momo," I start calmly but when I continue, irritation edges into my voice. "What were you just doing?"

  She looks at me for a second before answering. "Talking," she says with a serious tone. I honestly don't think she gets what I'm asking.

  I bite my tongue before I lose my patience. "That was talking?" I ask. "What you were doing was 'talking'?"

  Again, she stares. "Yes, I mean-" 

  "That wasn't 'talking' Momo, that was..." I stop myself. My voice got louder, I lost my patience for a second. "You and Nayeon were staring into each other's eyes, noses touching, smiling."

  "I can't smile?" she asks. Of all the things she could question, it's that.

  "That's not the point," I say, controlling myself although my annoyance is clear in my voice. "Your noses were touching, you were standing too close."

  "What's wrong with standing close to one another?" she asks. 

  "Her arm was around your waist, Momo," I almost shout. "You didn't stop her, you let her continue. You didn't push her away. You let her hold you, you let her get close. If I wasn't there then she could've done something."

  "Something?" she questions.

  "She could have kissed you if she so pleased," I say and she blushes. "And it looks like she would have if I didn't pull you away."

  She stares at the ground for a second so I continue. "Tell me Momo, if she kissed you, would you like it?" 

  "No," she says.

  "Would you push her away? Move away before she kisses you?" I ask.

  She simply nods her head. "You have Mina, what are you doing?" I ask her, my anger melting away.

  "I don't know," she says quietly. 

  "If you don't know then why do something you'll regret?" I ask calmly.

  "I just...crave affection," she says quietly. "And I'm embarrassed to ask Mina because if she agrees, I might mess it up. I might...do something wrong. Make her uncomfortable."

  I stare at her for a second. I didn't expect that. "Mina has a soft spot for you. She wouldn't make fun of you for that and she loves you. She'll tell you if you're making her a little tense."

  She nods. "But, what happened, happened so I have to tell Mina," I tell her. "She's your girlfriend and she deserves to know."

  "You're right," she says.

  "If she's upset, give her some space," I say. "She'll come around. But if she forgives you, Momo, I swear, you better love her forever and never take her for granted."

  She holds her hand up. "I swear."

  "Let's go," I say and grab her.

  We head off to find Mina and when we do, I gently pull her out of the room as I tell her that Momo and I have something to tell her. I find a quiet, empty room, away from the others so that no one will hear or walk in. Then I sit them down.

  "What is it that you have to tell me?" Mina asks quietly.

  "Well, when I was with Dahyun and Chaeyoung in our room, I saw Momo and Nayeon talking," I begin. "But they were standing rather close. They were talking but the lack of space between them was unnecessary."

  She glances at Momo but Momo avoids her eyes. "Continue," she says quietly.

  "Okay. So, Nayeon's hand was around Momo's waist," I say and at this, Mina stiffens. "They were nose to nose -and sorry Momo- but they seemed to be blushing. Nothing happened for a few minutes but then Nayeon's body weight shifted. She started to lean in and I saw that Momo didn't move. She didn't move away or push her away, she just stood there, almost waiting for something to happen."

  "Mina, I'm so sorry. Please, I wasn't thinking. I-" Mina holds up her hand, signaling Momo to stop talking.

  "Let her continue," she tells Momo but there's something in her voice. Something seeping in.

  I nod. "I saw it happening so I jumped up and pulled Momo away in time," I continue. "Although I'm not one hundred percent sure on Nayeon's intentions, it certainly looked like she was going to kiss Momo. And Momo was going to let her."

  Momo starts spewing random words, trying to string together an apology. "Mina, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, I swear. I shouldn't have let her get so close. I shouldn't have let her put her arm around me," she says but at this point, Mina's eyes are filled with tears and they're starting to leak out.

  And I'm a little concerned because her face is straight. There's no emotion on her face but the tears are just falling, rolling down her face. I grow even more concerned when I see something in her eyes. 

  Pain. Betrayal.

  I see something in her break. Momo tries to get up but I hold her back. Mina needs her space. It was expected that she'd be hurt. If I was her, I would be too. So I ensure Momo stays where she is so that Mina can compose herself.

  "Do you want us to go?" I ask her softly.

  She shakes her head and croaks out, "No, stay."

  I nod.

  So time fades away as we wait for Mina to calm down, for the crying to stop. And slowly, it does. But although the crying has stopped, the tears are still on her face. It doesn't look like she's going to wipe them away, maybe she's too tired to do so. However, I don't mention it.

  "Are you mad at me?" Momo asks. 

  A moment passes before she simply answers with, "Yes."

  Momo frowns but nods her head. "I understand."

  "Why did you do it?" Mina asks.

  "I don't know," Momo answers. 

  "Did I...do something wrong? Did I not provide you with enough affection?" she asks.

  "No, that's not it," she says. 

  "You said you loved me, you said we could take it slow. You said there was no rush but now that this has happened, you've got me thinking that maybe you can't do that," She says, her voice rising. "Were you lying?"

  "No, I wasn't. Mina, please, I wasn't thinking," Momo says.

  "Then why Momo?" she whispers. "Do you love her too?"

  "Nonononononono," Momo says quickly. 

  Mina nods. "Should we take a break?" she asks. 

  Momo's face falls. "No, Mina, please. Don't do this. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. You don't understand how sorry I am," she pleads. But I tune them out for a second because those words make me remember Sana. 

  My heart hurts again.

  Momo continues blabbering before Mina launches herself at her. She slams her lips onto Momo's, shutting her up. Momo's eyes go wide but she quickly shuts them and responds to the kiss. I stand there, in awe. I feel like I should look away, but I can't. It's a beautiful moment.  

  I'm turning soft.

  Mina breaks away after a long moment and pulls Momo into a hug. A bone-crushing hug but Momo hugs her back, nonetheless. Then she presses their foreheads together and whispers something. It's quiet but I still hear it. 

  "You're mine," she says, almost as a reminder to Momo.

  "I'm yours," Momo says.

*~*~*

  I cover myself with my blanket, shutting my eyes. I need a good night's sleep. I start to drift off and it's actually quite peaceful. Then I remember Sana and what Dahyun said. That makes my eyes shoot open and I sit up. 

  I quickly move out of my bed and open the door. I stand out in the hallway and wait for her to come out. Then, as expected, she walks out of her room and over to me. She glances at me before looking away. 

  "We should go somewhere else," She says and I simply nod.

  I follow her to a quiet room and sit down. The silence makes it awkward and I can hear everything from my breathing and my own heart. Can she hear my heart?, I wonder. But I shake my head because I know she can't. Or at least I don't think she can.

  "I wanted to talk," she says.

  "About what?" I ask.

  "What happened when you confronted me about the kiss," she says.

  "Oh...well, what about it?" I ask.

  "Do you like me?" she asks.

  "Of course. You're my unnie and my friend," I answer.

  "No, I mean do you like me?" she asks. 

  I repress a sigh. "Sana, we're past that," I say. 

  "But, I need an answer," she continues to persist.

  This time I sigh. "I did Sana, I did but not anymore," I admit.

  "Why?" She questions. 

  She's going to be the death of me.

  "Why don't I like you?" I ask and she nods. "Well, because I just don't. Why would I continue to pursue someone who can't reciprocate my feelings?"

  "Who says I didn't return them?" she asks. 

  Although my heart leaps, I chuckle. "You did Sana, you said it yourself."

  "Maybe so, but who says it was the truth?" she questions.

  I shrug. "I don't know," I respond truthfully.

  "Maybe I lied, maybe I lied because I was scared," she says. 

  I stare at her. "Maybe I returned the feelings but didn't want to admit it," she continues. 

  "Well, maybe you returned them once, but now, it's different."

  "Who says that?" she asks quietly. 

  My mouth goes dry.

  She has guts.

  "I don't know," I say in an almost inaudible whisper. 

  She gets up from her seat and walks over to me. "What if I confessed right here, right now?" she asks.

  I my lips nervously. "Well, I would say 'okay'."

  She leans in by my ear. "In that case..." she whispers. "I like you."

  My heart catches in my throat.

  Her warm breath is tickling my ear. She's too close. I need to get away.

  I jump up from my seat and move away from her. She only smiles. "Why the sudden jump?" 

  "I uh...I need space and fresh air," I lie.

  She comes closer to me and I try desperately to get away. I move away until my back hits the wall and I'm trapped. By now my heart is racing and I'm really starting to think that she can hear it now.

  "Tell me, Tzuyu, is your heart racing?" she asks.

  "No," I lie.

  She places two warm fingers on my neck and smirks. "Liar," she whispers.

  "Sana, just let me leave okay?" I plead.

  "Or what?" she dares to question. 

  "I'll do something," I say quietly and at that, she raises her eyebrow

  I'm not bluffing, I think. I've got to show her that I mean it.

  I look her in the eyes then I glance at her lips briefly. I study her face and without thinking, almost as if on instinct, I crash my mouth onto her's. is warm and inviting. Then I feel her hand, caressing my face. I feel her respond against my own lips.

  I pull her closer, having a sudden urge to close all space between us. I can feel her body warmth, feel her heartbeat. I only feel Sana against me and nothing else. But what concerns me the most is...

  I kind of like this...a little too much.

 

 A/N

  I took forever to update but here it is. I hope this chapter satisfied your SaTzu (and possibly MiMo?) needs. I thoroughly enjoyed writing this chapter so I hope you enjoy it as well. Please don't hate me for the last chapter(I understand that some of you were not pleased with the small NaMo scene). Take this chapter as my apology, which I hope you accept. Next chapter will be up soon(hopefully) so until then!