Soap Suds

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV*

  I don't remember what happened after they cleaned up my wounds but I do remember the sweet scent of shampoo. I remember feeling Sana pressed up against my side, my arm around her waist, her head on my shoulder. Then I think I fell asleep.

  Now I wake up alone, traces of Sana's scent left behind. The pain from yesterday has doubled but only because I'm sore. I try to get up but the aching in my abdomen stops me. I try again after taking a few deep breaths and push myself up using my arms. I push myself off my bed without a second thought and ignore the dizziness from getting up too quickly.

  Running a hand through my hair, I walk out of the room and I'm immediately blinded by bright lights. I hear chattering but unlike other days, it's not as loud. Am I the last one to wake? I approach their voices and realize that I probably look terrible but decide that no one will care. 

  When I walk into the living room I see everyone is awake and talking. They're scattered across the floor and couch. They all glance at me before looking away but I catch the concern in their eyes. The grimaces on their faces.

  I meet Sana's stare and take slow steps toward her. She watches me carefully and when I sit down, she wraps her arms around me but very carefully. Like I might break if she squeezes too tightly. 

  "How are you feeling?" she asks.

  Should I lie? "Twice as sore as yesterday," I admit.

  She frowns at that. "I'll be okay," I tell her because I hate seeing her frown.

  "I know but you're not okay right now," she says quietly.

  A wave of guilt washes over me. I hate worrying her like this. I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer. "I'm okay as long as you're next to me," I whisper in her ear. 

  I watch the tips of her ears turn red and she gives a timid smile. "Don't say those things," she says quietly.

  I give a small smile. "Why not?"

  She looks down. "You make me want to kiss you," she whispers.

  I lean closer to her and whisper, "You can, I'm all yours."

  She tenses up as my breath tickles her ear. "Not here," she says. 

  I grin because I've succeeded in flustering her. "Okay," I nod my head. I lower my voice so only she can hear. "But I'm getting that kiss."

  She blushes again but nods her head. I can't help but laugh because she looks so cute. The pain in my sides and abdomen only intensifies by doing this but I continue. It's worth the pain.

*~*~*

*Chaeyoung's POV*

  Cleaning up after the others is so boring. I don't usually do it but today I volunteered. Yesterday didn't go so well and I don't need more of that mess. I look down at the scratches on my arms and hands.

  They aren't too bad but one of them, in particular, hurts the most. It was the only one that drew blood and even now I can see the faint traces of dried blood. Despite that, I think it's kind of cool. They give me an edge that I don't have and I kind of...like it.

  Everyone will think I'm crazy if I admit it out loud, I think.

  I shake away the thought, deciding not to say anything of that sort and continue to clean. I put the dishes in the sink and wash them off before drying them. The soap and hot water cause the scratches to sting but I ignore it. However, I make sure to gently pat my hands dry.

  "Hey, need help?" I hear someone say and without turning I know who it is. Dahyun.

  I turn around and she greets me with a small smile. I shake my head at her offer. "There isn't much more to clean," I tell her.

  She shrugs. "There are some crumbs over there, I can clean that up," she offers.

  I nod in response and turn back to the sink. I only have a few more dishes to clean but that's not counting the ones that have been neglected for days. I let out a sigh and turn the water back on. I grab onto a plate and begin to scrub it but stop when I feel something poke my side. Not something, someone.

  I only turn my head but I can see that Dahyun is behind me. "I cleaned that up, need help with those?" she gestures to everything in the sink. 

  "Sure," I answer. Might as well get all the help I can.

  I hand her a dirty plate and she grabs a sponge. We clean in silence for a few minutes and I ignore the nervous feeling in my stomach. I dry a plate and place it back but right as I'm reaching to clean a bowl, Dahyun breaks the silence.

  "Can you hand me the soap?" she asks.

  I grab the bottle but right as I reach out to give it to her, it slips out of hand. It falls into the soapy water with a plop. I let out a frustrated groan and wipe my hands off on my pants. She only laughs in response.

  "It's fine," she assures me.

  I reach my hand into the water but I can't see where it is so I just move my hand around and hope I feel it. Dahyun reaches in as well and for a few seconds, we're just two girls reaching out blindly trying to find a bottle of soap. Then I feel it brush against my hand and I grab ahold of it.

  "I found i—" I start but the words die in my throat as I feel her hand wrap around mine. 

  "Oh, sorry," she apologizes quickly. She lets go of my hand and pulls her hand out of the water.

  "It's fine," I say but I can feel my face heat up.

  For a moment, silence fills the room and we don't say a thing. Then I remember that she asked for it and I reach out to give it to her, again. She stares at it for a moment before she realizes that I'm handing it to her. She wraps her hand around the bottle but we both flinch when our hands touch.

  Our eyes meet and a jolt of electricity runs through me. Before I can process what's happening or give a second thought, she's putting the bottle down and leaning closer. I feel her hand go up to my cheek, feel the water and soap against my face but I don't say anything. Instead, I find myself putting my hand underneath her chin and closing the space between us.

 

A/N

Ahhhh, I'm so sorry for not updating. I've had a lot of things going on and truth be told, I didn't know what to write about. This chapter is really short because I'm in a bit of a rush. I hope the small SaTzu moment was enough and I really hope you guys enjoyed the moment between Chaeyoung and Dahyun. I'm not very experienced with this ship. However, you can expect MiMo next. Until then!