Forgive me

The Gay line

*Mina's POV*

  I let Tzuyu lean into me, let her tears soak my shirt because that's the last of my concerns. I don't understand what happened to make her cry. And I'm scared to find out because our maknae isn't the type to cry. I feel her body shaking with sobs and hear her slightly muffled sniffles. Momo rubs her back comfortingly and gives me a sad look.

  I continue to comfort her as best as I can before Momo taps my arm. I look up at her and she points straight ahead. I turn to look and catch a glimpse of hair. Sana's hair. Is that why Tzuyu is crying? Has Sana done something?

  "Tzuyu," I whisper.

  She goes silent before giving a weak, "Yes?"

  "Did S-" I begin to say but stop. How can I put this? What if Sana is the reason?

  "Did Sana have anything to do with this?" Momo asks quietly and a wave of relief washes over me.

  Silence fills the room before Tzuyu speaks up again. "Yes," she croaks. "But it wasn't her fault. It's mine."

  She straightens up and wipes her tears away. She then grabs a nearby pillow and hugs it as if it can shield her broken heart. I wish it could do just that, I think. I meet her red, puffy eyes and try to send as much sympathy as I can in one glance.

  "What happened?" I ask softly.

  "Well, I confronted her about what happened," she says but glances at Momo uneasily. Then I realize that she doesn't know that Sana had kissed Tzuyu.

  Still, she continues. "And it didn't go as I had expected."

  "How so?" I ask.

  She sighs and I can tell what she'll say next is going to hurt her. "She said it meant nothing," I can hear that she's forcing herself to say it. "...and I fell apart after that."

  "It's not your fault," Momo says which surprises me. Has she caught on?

  "It is," Tzuyu says. "I had built up my expectations so high that when she said it, it all came tumbling down. It hurt only me."

  "If what she did meant nothing, what she did was wrong," I admit. If she had kissed Tzuyu to mess around, she crossed the line.

  "Maybe so," she says with a shrug.

  There's a brief moment of silence before Momo speaks. "What happened afterward?" she asks.

  She clutches the pillow a little tighter before answering. "I agreed with her and left."

  "You agreed?" I ask.

  "Yes," she nods. "She's my unnie and now that this has happened, I can move on and we can have a strictly platonic relationship. Like before."

  I give a weak nod. I don't know if she's picking herself up or trying to hide beneath the rubble and her own lies. I also can't tell if this is good or bad. But whatever it is, Tzuyu is doing it.

  She places down her pillow and stands up. "Thanks for comforting me but I'm going to head back," she says and points in the direction of our rooms.

  "Okay," Momo says since I can't seem to talk.

  As Tzuyu walks away, I turn to Momo. "How did you know what happened between Sana and her?"

  She shrugs. "This is Sana we're talking about," she says. "And I figured she wouldn't be so sad if they had just hugged or something innocent like that. It had to be something more intimate. So I just took a wild guess that it was a kiss."

  "Oh."

  "On top of that, the look of shock on your face confirmed it," she says with a small smile.

  I chuckle but then I turn serious. "We should talk to Sana about this," I say.

  She nods. "We should," she agrees.

 

*Tzuyu's POV*

  It hurts. And by 'it' I mean my heart, my head, the lies. I wish I could blame her for the pain but I know it's my fault. I just wish it wasn't my fault. I just wish none of this had happened because then I wouldn't be stuck in this mess.

  I'm the only one to blame.

  I blame myself for crying about this, for having such high expectations. For loving Sana. Of all the people out there, I fell for her. My fellow member. If she wasn't so affectionate, I wouldn't have fallen for her. But even now she seems to enjoy skinship with just about everyone.

  I wish I could hate her but I care too much. The broken pieces of my heart still find a way to care too much. So hating Sana is out the window because I don't have it in me to do that. I don't have it in me to hurt her like she's, unintentionally, hurt me.

  I roll over so I'm not facing in anyone's direction. So I'm facing the wall. And as I listen to my steady breathing, trying to ignore all the things racing through my head, the wall seems to...stay the same. I try to convince myself that I'm somehow dreaming and that the walls will crumble or a unicorn will burst out and there will be rainbows and sunshine, but it doesn't work. It's still a wall. Just like I'm still broken.

  When I had first walked into the room, Dahyun and Chaeyoung had asked if I was alright. I couldn't bring myself to tell another complete and utter lie so I told them that I hadn't been but I was now. Now the room is just silent except for the throbbing in my head that I can hear in my ears. They must have left while I was trying to sort everything out in my head.

  I shut my eyes and bring my covers up over my head. I can't think straight with this headache. I let myself drift off into sleep where everything will be okay, temporarily. Maybe I'll sleep through the entire day if I'm lucky.

  Then I hear the door open quietly and someone steps in. I tense but quickly relax afterward and take shallow breathes. Someone sits at the edge of my bed and doesn't say anything for a while. 

  "Tzuyu," Sana whispers. "I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for leading you on, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for breaking your heart. I'm sorry for meeting you because if I hadn't, you wouldn't be in this much pain. I know you might not be listening but I just wanted to tell you this while you'll actually listen to me. If you don't want to talk, that's fine. I understand. And I understand if you don't want to look at me because I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to glance at you either."

  She reaches out and places her hand on my leg. Even with a blanket covering me, I can still feel her warmth radiating through it. And for whatever reason, my heart still manages to skip a beat.

  "Just know that I'm sorry for it all," she says but I can hear her voice become strained. "Forgive me for stealing your first kiss, you deserved more than what I gave. Forgive me for hurting you, you're too soft to be in this much pain. Forgive me for making you cry, you didn't deserve to sob that much. Forgive me for breaking your heart, if you'll let me, I'll help you put it back together even if it hurts. Forgive me for messing around, you deserve someone who won't give you mixed signals. And forgive me for lying, you deserve someone who will tell you the truth. Just please forgive me one day, even if it isn't anytime soon because I don't think I could live with myself."

  I hear her sniffle before she takes a deep breath. She gives my leg a tap. "Forgive my love, it isn't good enough for you."

  Then her hand is removed and the warmth fades away. I can feel tears stinging my eyes but I can't wipe them away, not while she's still in the room. Thankfully her footsteps head in the direction of the door before she opens it and closes it behind her quietly. So I'm left behind with tears running down my face and her words echoing in my ears. Forgive me...

 

A/N

  Hello everyone. I figured I should update and I had nothing to do so I decided to type up a new chapter. I almost got emotional writing this but I held through. I hope you like this as much as I do because I think it turned out well. Next chapter will be up soon with a bit more MiMo and SaTzu trying to work everything out. Until then!