Distance

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV*

  As soon as we're in another room, I let go of Sana's arm. I plop down on a chair while Sana gives me a weird look but takes a seat beside me. The room is silent except for the sound of our breathing and the beating of my heart which I'm sure Sana can't hear. 

  "Why'd you drag me away?" Her voice breaks the silence. 

  I stay quiet. Why did I drag her away? "I don't know," I admit. 

  "I heard Mina say you liked someone," she says slowly as if to make sure I don't brush it off. 

  I feign confusion. "Really?"

  "And I swear I heard her say that you liked-" She starts to say. 

  I cup my hand over , cutting her off. "Just forget what you heard, okay?"

  She prys my hand off. "You're really red," she says and leans forward, examining my face. 

  "It's a little hot in here," I lie. 

  She continues to examine my face. I lean away from her, trying to put some distance between us. While doing so, I lose my balance and fall onto the floor. 

  I let out a sigh of relief, glad that I managed to distance us but I cradle my head. Sana scurries over and grabs ahold of my hand, pulling me up. I sit back down and rub the back of my head. 

  She chuckles. "And they say I'm clumsy."

 

*Mina's POV*

  I reach out and place my hand on Momo's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

  She nods. "Just a little winded."

  I retract my hand slowly and place it in my lap. The silence is unbearable and I want nothing more but to run out of this room. But I can't run away from my problems. So I take a deep breathe and open my mouth to speak. 

  "Do you remember our kiss?" I blurt out without thinking.

  Momo looks at me and the words slowly sink in. "Yeah..." Her voice trails off. "What about it?"

  "Uh" is the only thing that leaves my mouth. "Why...why didn't it make you feel embarrassed?"

  "It was just our upper lips that touched, it wasn't exactly an actual kiss," she says with a shrug.

  My face falls as I realize she didn't think much of it. I stand up and casually stretch. As I walk to the door, I don't bother looking back at her. Hurt is the right word to describe what I feel and I don't think I can look at her right now. 

  "Thanks for the talk," I force myself to sound cheerier than I feel. 

  Then I walk out, closing the door behind me. I walk back to the living room and throw myself into the couch. Sprawled out, I bury my face into the cushions. 

  "What's wrong?" A voice asks. 

  I look out of the corner of my eye and see Jungyeon. "Nothing, just tired."

  I close my eyes and try to drown out all the noise around me. But then everyone gathers into the room and all of them repeatedly ask if there's something wrong with me. Jungyeon replies with what I responded with. 

  I feel a heavy weight on my legs and look up to see what it is. Chaeyoung looks at me and grins. I chuckle softly as I struggle to pull my feet in due to her weight. 

  "Aww, your legs were comfortable," she protests. 

  I place my legs on top of her lap. "Yes, they are."

  We all mess around but the entire time I can feel Momo's gaze burning through me. I don't meet her eyes and instead, decide to try and forget about my feelings for the time being. 

*~*~*

  I get ready for bed but when I exit the bathroom, I see a lump under the sheets. I walk over and pull the sheets off. Momo looks at me and laughs. I throw the blanket back onto the bed. 

  "What are you doing?"

  "I want to be here," she replies. 

  "Fine, just don't take up too much place."

  I lay down on one side and pull the blanket over myself. The warmth radiating from her is kind of pleasant but I'll never tell her that. I close my eyes and try to sleep but my heart is pounding. 

  "Mina," she whispers. 

  "What?" I whisper back. 

  I turn over and I'm face to face with her. Although it's dark and I can barely see her, my heart beat increases. I try to slow my breathing because I'm just about hyperventilating. 

  "Want to try it again?" She asks. 

  "Try what?" I have no idea what she's talking about 

  "The kiss," she replies and my heart jumps up to my throat. 

  I swallow the lump in my throat. "Why?"

  "It wasn't an actual kiss."

  Thoughts flood my mind and I'm trying to figure out whether I say yes or no. If I say yes it'll just be awkward. But if I say no, it'll also be awkward. Isn't this what I want?, I think. 

  "Sure," I finally say. 

  She leans forward and I can feel her breathe on my lips. I brush a strand of hair away from her face. My entire body is shaking at this point from nervousness, excitement, and doubt. I can feel her hesitate and before I can stop myself, I close the distance between us, placing my lips onto hers firmly. 

 

A/N

  I was going to try and introduce the other members but I got caught up and this happened. Sorry for taking so long but I wrote this twice and it disappeared. Hope you guys enjoy, hehe. 

Update*

  Look forward to the next chapter, it'll be up soon!