Just Love

The Gay line

*Tzuyu's POV/ Time to later in the day(again)*

  "Sana," I force myself to say after hours of contemplation.

  "Yes?" she asks.

  I swallow. This is harder than I thought. "Can we talk?" I try to keep my voice as stable as I can.

  "We are talking," she jokes.

  I give her a weak smile. "No, I mean a serious talk," I say, "alone."

  She searches my face for a second. Her face holding that serious but kind of lost look. She nods.

  Mina gives me a look when I stand up. Dahyun also glances but then looks down and resumes her conversation with Chaeyoung. We walk away from them and head off to find an empty room to talk.

  "What about mine?" I suggest. She gives a nod in return and I head to our room since Dahyun and Chaeyoung aren't occupying it.

  When we go inside, I shut the door behind us quietly and sit on my bed. I grab ahold of a stuffed animal and shield my chest and a portion of my face. Maybe it's because I'm scared. Or maybe I just need someone or something to hold.

  Sana gets herself comfortable on Dahyun's bed before asking, "So what did you want to talk about?"

  I dig my nail into my palm. "I wanted to talk about..." my voice falters. Is this a good idea? But then I think of what Mina would want me to do and I say it. "About the kiss."

  She looks at me for a moment. "Oh," is all she says in response.

  I muster up all my courage. "Why did you do it?" I ask.

  She stays silent for a few seconds. "I don't know," she answers afterward.

  "So you did it just to kiss me?" I ask.

  She stares at me.

  "Because you were curious?" I question. I admit that I'm starting to feel upset.

  "Look, Tzuyu," she begins, "I didn't mean to get you so worked up. It was just a ki-"

  I cut her off. "Just a kiss," I finish for her. "Maybe you didn't mean for this to happen Sana, I know. But how can you blow it all off? Did it mean nothing?"

  "I don't know," she repeats.

  "Do you know what your kiss has done to me?" I ask her but she doesn't respond. "Sana, I've spent the last night tossing and turning. I can't sleep because of it."

  "I'm sorry," she says quietly.

  "Did it mean anything to you?" I ask, my voice slightly cracks.

  She thinks for a moment. "In a way, yes, but I don't know if it's the way you want it to be," she answers this time.

  I can't stop my throat from tightening. I can't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. I take a deep breath but I don't continue. I don't trust my voice right now. And I don't trust my heart.

  "I understand," I say but a tear falls onto my lap.

  "Tzuyu-" she starts but again, I cut her off.

  "I know, I know," I wipe the tears away. "It was just a kiss and I'm just the person you picked to try it out on."

  "Tzuyu, did you want it to mean something?" she asks.

  "Yes," I answer. I look at her for a long moment. "So, it meant nothing, correct?"

  There's a knock on the door and she looks up. She turns back to me and answers, "Yes."

  I stand up and nod. Before I reach the door, Sana calls my name out.

  "Yes?" 

  "What are your feelings for me?" She asks.

  "The kiss meant nothing, we're both girls, and you're my unnie," I force myself to say. Here comes the bigger lie. "My feelings for you are strictly platonic."

  For a second, I swear I see pain and disappointment flash in her eyes. But I look away too quickly to be sure. I open the door, glance at Jeongyeon who's behind it, and head to the living room. I try to ignore the crumbling of my heart, try to ignore the emotional pain.

  I sit beside Mina and lean against her. I try to slow my shallow breathing and rid my eyes of the hot tears. This isn't how I usually act. This isn't me, I think. My mind goes back to the question she asked before I left. "What are feelings for me?" I lied. To myself, her, and the world once again. The answer was on the tip of my tongue, waiting to be said.

  "Oh, just love."

 

*Sana's POV*

  I remain on Dahyun's bed for a moment. I try to process what has happened but my thoughts come out all jumbled up. Tzuyu, kiss, tears, lies. Isn't this what I wanted? Isn't this what I've always dreamed of?

  But you blew it.

  Yes, I know. I have messed up. Big time. She confessed and practically served her heart on a silver platter. And all I did was push it away. I swear I heard her heart break. But I just wonder if she heard the lies I told. If only she could read minds.

  That kiss meant everything to me. That kiss was like holding the world in my hands. That kiss was falling in love... Except I've just ruined whatever it could have been. I ripped the blossoming flower of our relationship out of the ground. And I can't put it back in because it's dead.

  Yep, that's me.

  Minatozaki Sana, the murderer of love and the girl who broke Tzuyu's heart. Sounds pleasant, right?

  I exit the room and cautiously head back to where I had been with Mina. I stop in my tracks after I hear almost silent sobs and sniffles, followed by hushed whispers. I peek around the corner and see Tzuyu's body shaking with sobs while Mina and Momo try to comfort her. My heart drops and I feel a lump form in my throat. 

  I did this.

  I try to ignore the fact that my vision is blurred by tears, try to ignore the searing pain in my chest. But I can't ignore the feeling of my heart starting to crack. I've hurt Tzuyu. I've hurt the girl that I love.

 

A/N

  Hello! I thought I would give a quick update even though it is late. I'm sorry for this chapter because I admit, it hurt me to write this. SaTzu has faced an obstacle but I assure you, they will get through it. Remember, if it's not okay, it's not the end. Anyway, next update will include a bit of MiMo but mostly just Tzuyu and Sana trying to mend the broken parts of themselves and their relationship, back together.