02 : The Same

The Greatest Man

"Alright, daddy. You two come to my office" Tiffany said to her father and walked out of the office. The office suddenly felt like suffocated to her.

"Thank you Uncle" "See you next time" Taeyeon and Sooyoung shaked hand with the CEO before following Tiffany.

"Wait Taeyeon, Sooyoung! Come to my house tonight, I will prepare the dinner. Don't forget okay"

"Of course, I won't" said Sooyoung, the food lover excitedly.

Mr. Hwang smiled warmly to the young men.

"Oh man, That is really Tiffany!" shrieked Sooyoung.

"Volume down your voice—please, we are in the office" Taeyeon said as he punch Sooyoung's arm.

"Oh right. I can't believe we will meet again after 12 years"

Taeyeon nodded agreed. Inside his heart—no one know how fast his heartbeat skipped and he felt like it's about to jump out of the rib.

"You may sit down" Tiffany walked to her swivel chair.

"Thank you"

"Okay, let's start-"

"Wait, excuse me but I have to go to toilet" Sooyoung said while touched his stomach.

"I think I have stomachache, sorry and good luck" Sooyoung whispered to Taeyeon before left the both of them in the office.

"Hmm... okay"

Taeyeon shifted in his chair uncomfartably as he watched Tiffany looked really unpleasant with the situation.

"I'm sorry, If my presence make you unhappy" Taeyeon said while his head hanging low.

"Good that you know, I thought you are still stupid as ever" Tiffany threw those harsh words to him again.

"I didn't know you work here"

"Excuses, You think I don't know your motive?" Tiffany eyed Taeyeon.

"But I'm talking the truth" still, his head hanging low.

"I don't want to see your face again! Don't you understand that I hate you!"

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon said in a soft tone.

"And now, I have to work on your case. Just how many problem you want to give me?" Tiffany stood up and slammed the table hard. Taeyeon frozen. "I'm really sorry. It's okay if you don't want, I will cancel it"

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh god, I think the pasta I ate this morning was really something or what" Sooyoung said as the duo marched to Sooyoung's black BMW M3.

"Ohh" replied Taeyeon uninterested.

The way back home to Sooyoung's family house in Seoul was so quiet as Taeyeon didn't even tried to initiate a convo. They've been a good friend since kid and we could say that Sooyoung know Taeyeon like the back of his back. And this quietness from Taeyeon must be something— Tiffany related.

"She insult you again" Sooyoung said as his eyes focus on the road.

"Wh-What? No No No. Sh-she didn't" Taeyeon stuttered.

"Really? Then why you are so quiet?" the red shirt guy asked.

"It's nothing Soo. There is a restaurant in the front, let's stop by" Taeyeon knew Sooyoung could smell something, so he tried to shut down the topic.

"Okay" Sooyoung parked his BMW and went to the restaurant with Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

The Hwang Mansion was so luxurious. The wall was full of family's photo and art—Mr. Hwang was an art lover—everytime he went to overseas, he would buy this artistic things and spent all his money on it—other than his daughter. Tiffany's mother dead when she was 11 years old because of cancer. Mr. Hwang, being a single parent was hard and Tiffany, too need a mother's love. One day, Mr. Hwang eventually fell in love with his maid and Tiffany felt that having a maid as mother was embarassed.

 

"Daddy, I don't want her as my mom" cried a teen Tiffany.

"But darling—"

"No, daddy don't love me. If you love me, leave her. I don't want her, she is a maid dad. Can you think that? What would my friend says if my mom is a maid" Tiffany crossed her arms.

"Of course daddy love you, you are my only daughter and I want the best for you, and I thought you need a mother's love" "Daddy is worried when you all alone here when daddy outstation so when Aunty Mell is here, she could take care of you" His father tried to coax her.

"Nooo. I'm not a child anymore. I can take care of my own and why would you even marry her, she is not worth it. What if she just want to steal your money? What if she become like those stepmother in the drama, abusing their stepchildren? No dad, I don't want any of that. please" Tiffany replied. She determined to make her father listen to her.

"You are watching too much drama darling, I promise you she is not like that" Her father caressed his daughter's hair lovingly.

"No daddy! She is just an old lady, unfashionable , ugly maid. She must put some spell on you! I knew it! and My decision is period, if you want to marry her, go on. But I will never accept her as my mother" Tiffany raised her tone.

Without the father and daughter's acknowledge, there is a shadow behind the wall. Tiffany's harsh word stabbed the woman's heart real hard. What did Aunty do to deserve those words Fany? Is being a maid was a sin? Aunty sincerely love you and your daddy. It was never crossed in my mind to betray you two. Finally, the tears that she has been holding on all this time dropped on her cheeks. I will try to be a good mother to you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tiffany, your father ask you to come down" the woman in her middle aged knocked the door slowly.

"What! Go away! Don't bother me!" Tiffany replied with high tone.

The woman didn't even flinched as she used to the high tone.

"Tiffany, don't be like that. There is guests down there. Please come down" the old woman tried again.

"This old woman is such bothersome" Tiffany get off the bed and stomped her feet loudly to the door with her angry face.

"I told you to go away didn't I?" shouted Tiffany to the old woman's ear.

"But your father—" the old woman hang her head low, afraid to make any eye contacts with the angry latter.

"I don't care, just go away" Tiffany loooked annoyed just by looking at her stepmother.

"Okay then, I will tell your father that you're feeling unwell" the woman left the door.

"Did I told you that I'm sick? No right?! Stop doing like this! Just said I'm lazy to have a dinner with his guests"

 

 

~~~

 

"Taeyeon, don't be shy just eat whatever you want. There is plenty of food here" Mr. Hwang smiled warmly and put some food to Taeyeon's plate.

"Of course a this useless boy doesn't want to eat, he used to eat rice only, so when he see this seafood he would just stare at it" Tiffany sarcastically said as she eat her own food.

Taeyeon only smiled and breathe slowly.

"Thank you, uncle"

"Taeyeon ah, do you have girlfriend?" Mr. Hwang suddenly asked.

Taeyeon was eating and he choked when Mr. Hwang burst out out of the blue. Sooyoung handed him a glass of water.

"No, I'm busy working" Taeyeon said shyly.

"Oh really? That handsome face of yours could not tackle a woman?" Mr. Hwang playfully said.

"For your information uncle, our Taeyeon here is busy working that I thought he was dating his work" Sooyoung patted Taeyeon's broud shoulder.

"Taeyeon Taeyeon, never change" Mr. Hwang shaked his head.

"It's not like that" Taeyeon defended himself.

"Why don't you go out with Tiffany?" The old man with his grey hair pointed at his daughter.

Tiffany shocked. "Excuse me daddy, but I already have a fiancee and we are going to get married next month" Tiffany lifted her ring finger and looked really proud of the diamond ring.