14 : Selfish

The Greatest Man

*****

 

 

The 14-hours-long flight Taeyeon spent his time with taking a rest because he was so exhausted the night before. With a sweet smile on his face — he turned his body to the left. He couldn't believe this woman, in front of him was really going back home with him. He promised to give Tiffany a better life. He determined to make Tiffany happy. And he wasn't going to let this chance slip out.

 

"Thank you for coming with me," He caressed the sleeping body's face sweetly.

He continued. "Thank you for giving me a chance."

 

He never thought this day would come. Since the first moment he laid eyes on her back at school days, he had fall for her beauty but because of Tiffany's harsh attitude— he was afraid a.k.a a coward. And now, after he gather his courage, he would do anything to keep Tiffany by his side. Evethough his heart was going numb and torn but he would walk this path because he believe Tiffany would open her heart for him sooner or later— he believe it.

 

 

While Tiffany was on Taeyeon's left, Sooyoung was just at the back of the couple seat—overheard Taeyeon. He shook his head disagreed with the decision. Taeyeon didn't even talk about it with him, he felt hopeless. He thought Taeyeon was smart enough to differentiate between good and bad —obviously this was gonna be a nightmare.

 

"Do you think this is a good choice?" asked Sooyoung.

Taeyeon was startled by Sooyoung's voice from his daydream. "You talk to me?"

"Who else?"

"Oh," Taeyeon paused. "It is. I know what I'm doing."

With a low tone Sooyoung replied. "She's going to give you trouble. Just let her go, find someone else."

"No Sooyoung. I love her too much and now that she is back in my arms, I won't let her go."

"Taeyeon, you think I would care about someone that I don't love? I care for you because I love you." He hissed under his breath.

"I know. Thanks for your concern. Let's talk later. We are going to wake her up." 

 

With the last sentence from Taeyeon, both of them dismissed. An hour before their arrival, the trio had already wake up and getting ready in their seat. Once in a time, Taeyeon never failed to glance over his broad shoulder to Tiffany's side. Their eyes locked and he kept his gaze for as long as he could, his heart skipped a thousand times and it almost killing him but he didn't care because this was a good feeling—he thought.

 

 

*****

 

 

Almost 3 in the morning, the married couple finally arrived their destination—an apartment. It was an apartment that Taeyeon had purchase a few months back when they get married. The day when Tiffany left him, he was     at the bank—arranging the house document file. He was going to tell Tiffany about it and maybe shop for the furniture together after that but the ungrateful woman just left so suddenly.

 

Stood up in the doorstep, Taeyeon was struggling with their luggage. The woman beside him looked really exhausted from the flight. Taeyeon chuckled seeing how Tiffany whimpering slowly every now and then.

 

"Is it going to take forever?" Tiffany asked with an unpleasant tone.

"Hold on. There is one more bag in the elevator." Taeyeon replied with sweats dripping down his head.

"Just open the door. What is the password." She was really exhausted and this man in the doorway wouldn't let her in.

"Let me settle the luggage first. I want us to enter our first house together." Taeyeon wore his dimple smile and hold Tiffany's soft hands in his palms.

Tiffany retreated her hands back and rolled her eyes.

No. This is going to be MY house. I will chase you out from here and make sure you will be disgust with this house that you never want to take a step in. Stop dreaming to live with me.

 

After done with the luggages, Taeyeon pressed his fingers on the monitor and after a few tap the door clicked open by itself. Taeyeon pushed the big gray door and motioned Tiffany to come in and dragged their luggage in.

 

"How is the house?" Taeyeon asked happily as his eyes roaming around the house.

"Not bad." She simply replied.

 

It was a big house with a living room, a kitchen, 2 bathroom, 3 bedroom and etc. It was definitely worth Taeyeon's money. Unfortunately for them, because Taeyeon was busy with his surgery and all, the house was left unattend and it was completely empty without any furniture but the pastel color on the wall make up for the emptiness.

 

"So, where is the room?" Tiffany really need to lie down on the bed and just sleep all day.

"Oh ." Something finally hit Taeyeon in the head when he remember that there was only a bed in the room.

"Huh" Tiffany turned her head to face Taeyeon.

"Actually, I forgot to put another bed beforehand. So, there is only one bed in the master room." Taeyeon said as he let Tiffany to follow him to the bedroom.

Tiffany entered the room and threw herself onto the soft mattress. After 14 hours sleeping on the damn chair, her body finally relaxed.

"You can sleep on the floor." Her eyelids slowly threatened to cover her eyeballs.

"But, it's cold and we don't have extra bed or even a mat." Taeyeon said in a worry tone.

"I don't care. I'm going to sleep." With that, the selfish woman drifted off to her slumberland.

"At least, take a shower first." Taeyeon walked to the bed and nudged Tiffany.

"Tiffany. Tiffany." He called out and exhaled  heavily.

"Suit yourself then." Taeyeon ripped off his clothes and went to the bathroom.

 

 

◆◇◇◆