12 : His happiness, Her pain?

The Greatest Man

 

The sunlight was already going home and it's time to turned shift for moonlight to work for another next 12 hours. Tiffany get off the bed from her nap and quickly marched to the bathroom to wash up and getting ready to go to the work. Tiffany work as a bartender in the club down the street. It was a famous place to people who want to seek some fun at night. Never in her life she would imagine working in the club—serving people. Nonetheless, she was happy to meet new faces and friends there. She was so used to the fancy life and when suddenly her life turned upside down, she was devastated and couldn't think straight. She hate everything. Tiffany stared at the medium size mirror in the bathroom. Her tears finally dropped to her cheeks when her eyes slowly being fill with the liquid.

Her father had passed away almost 2 month but she still could feel her father's voice echoing in her mind.

"Huwaaaa~pa..painnn..painnnnn...dad...dadddyy...painn.." A little girl cried out loud. A tiny scar on her knee caused to bleed(not that much lol) She panicked.

Mr. Hwang ran out from his seat and put her newspaper aside and marched to his daughter in the yard.

"What happen?" Mr. Hwang squated down  beside the little girl and took a look on her wound.

"Daddyy....painnnnnnn" The little Tiffany whined.

"Darling, it's just a tiny cut. It's nothing." Her father calmed her down. True. It was nothing, it was bearable though. Tiffany, she was always been a drama queen since forever.

"Fany, you gotta try to be independent. Daddy won't always be there for you," she puckered her lips forward. "When you have become an adult later, you gonna face a lot more pain than this, do you know that? It's gonna give you so much pain."

"But daddy, I don't want to grow up. I want to be daddy's little girl. You will take care of me right?" He chuckled hearing that. His daughter was so fragile. But what if I couldn't take care of you darling? Sooner or later I will go and never come back— when that time arrive, what will happen to you my precious daughter? You know nothing about this cruel world, how are you gonna face it when you are always hiding behind Daddy's back?.

The sound of water dropped on the marble floor startled Tiffany from her daydreaming. The liquids in her nose messily drop and entering as she reminisce the memories.

"Daddy...you're right. Dadd...dyyy..painn...painnn..." Tiffany stuttered at her words as she repeated the same expression when she was a kid. But the different thing was, her father was nowhere to be seen. She missed her father so much. What do you expected from a rich girl that out of the blue turned broke to life? In her entire lifetime, she had been spoilt by her father—from clothes, foods, home, money and etc her father never failed to fulfill her well-being. She hate living like this, she didn't want to burden her aunty. However, she had nobody to rely on, her aunt was busy enough with her family and now with herself, she just getting more embarassed when people know she live with her aunt. Her aunt kept telling and advising her to go back to Taeyeon and start a new life with him.

The question is, will she listen?.

Not wasting another minutes, Tiffany quickly finised her shower and exited the bathroom. She would just put the thought aside and proceed to the work. She might be late.

 

*****

 

His fingers aimlessly moving on the bed. He shifted his body tried to find a better spot. His eyes were cover in a gauze after last night's operation. But, the result was yet to be known. The only way to know was to wait for Taeyeon to wake up. The surgery's team kept asking Sooyoung to calm down as the man was wandering non-stop outside the operation's room.

Sooyoung pushed the door forward and entered the hospital ward.

"Taeyeon? You are awake." Sooyoung said, shock was writing all over his face.

"I will call the doctor. Wait here. Don't move." Announced the tall man as he ran out of the hospital ward.

 

 ◆◆◆

 

"Nurse, please open the gauze." The Doctor said.

The nurse quickly proceed to her work and open the gauze carefully, afraid to hurt the man's eyes. Finally, after a few circling around his head, the gauze fell loosely and his closed eyes could be seen.

"Now, slowly open your eyes Taeyeon." The Doctor stared at the patient in front of him without blinking.

The man tried to open his eyes but it was impossible as he felt that his eyelids were heavy than anything. He tried to open them again but to no avail.

"I can't! What is this Doc! I didn't come all the way from Korea to US for this!" Taeyeon yelled like a mad man, he felt that everything is useless. His expectations and hopes already went down the drain.

"Take your time. It will be fine. You can try again tomorrow." Taeyeon didn't believe his words, he hate being lied. He had enough.

"You are lying! You stupid Doctor!"

"Taeyeon, calm down!" Sooyoug came in the scene and stopped the-now-mad-Taeyeon.

"Let me go!' Taeyeon tried to free himself from the strong grip of Sooyoung.

"Give me a sedatif." The Doctor said to his nurse.

The Doctor injected Taeyon's left arm and finally the med work in his body. Taeyeon went to his slumber dream and hopefully he won't wake up for another hours.

"Please give him some space. He is still in a shock condition." The Doctor said to Sooyoung and left the room.

 

~~

 

The annoying light in the room caused the sleeping human cursed under his breath as his dream was bother. He rubbed his eyes roughly and sat in the bed.

"What the hell—" Taeyeon opened his eyelids and saw an amazing sight of the sunrise outside the room.

"So beautiful~" He pulled out a cute dimple smile of him. And something popped out in his mind! My eyes!

"I can see my hands!" Taeyeon lifted both of his hands up and shoved it on his face.

"Finally! Wuuuhooo!" He get off the bed and  jumped around the room.

 

 ◆◆◆