03 : His Wish

The Greatest Man

The skyscraper building in the Seoul City was one of the succesful business firm in the country. It was made my glass-high quality metal imported from Germany. All the amazing lawyer were under Hwang Enterprise making other firm tried to overtake their business but couldn't because the CEO, Mr. Hwang only took the best of the best lawyer team. One of the team member, Tiffany Hwang—his beloved daughter. Tiffany's record was almost clean as she won 99  per 100 of her cases, and she proudly show off to the others. Stable career, pretty face , perfect figure with a hot , who doesn't want? No one. Tiffany engaged to Nickhun, her cousin. Yes Tiffany and Bora were cousin. She would do anything for her fiancee.

 

"Tiff, can I borrow 50M ?" Nickhun holding Tiffany's small hand and rubbed her knuckles.

"Why?" She lifted her eyebrows.

"My company has some problem and I really need the money" he said in a sad tone.

"But, I don't have that much amount, you should know that" Tiffany replied.

"You can ask uncle. Please I really need the money" he pleaded.

"Promise you will give me back in the due date okay?"

"Okay, I love you" he kissed Tiffany's hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please inform Tiffany that I want her to come to my office" said the voice in the intercom.

"Okay, sir" the assistant replied.

 

~~

 

"Ms. Hwang, the CEO called you" she said.

"Now?"

"Yes"

 

~~

 

Tiffany knocked the glass door before pushed the knob open. She saw the grumpy old man sat on his big swivel chair, rubbing his grey hair and looking deep in thought—he looked 10 year older when he did that.

"Hi daddy" Tiffany called her father like usual when there was just the two of them.

Her father sighed heavily.

"When will you give back the money?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Nickhun say he will give me later this evening" Tiffany could sense her father insecurity. "Daddy, I promise I will give the money back" she assurely hold his hand.

"Please do, you should know I borrowed the money from the National Bar Association, and if we fail to pay, our firm has to close down and worst my license get suspended" he looked worried, doubting that his soon to be in-law would payback.

"Our firm's performance has been going down since I couldn't handle it properly due to my health condition, we are losing money…" he sighed , tried to release the burden on his shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany tapped the same number for the nth time and she couldn't get through the line. She was boiling mad. She slammed the table hard, making a loud noise in the room.

"Where is he?" she gritted her teeth.

She dialed her best friend's number—sister to Nickhun, Bora.

A few seconds later, "Hello?" asked the voice in the other line.

"Where is your brother?" Tiffany shouted to the phone.

"Woah, calm down. Don't you know? My brother flew to the Paris 3 hours ago?"

"WHAT? HE DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!"

"Oh" 

"He promise to give my money back this evening and now he gone?"

"Money? For?"

"He said his company is going down"

"Really? I didn't know that. He even sold his company yesterday. There was nothing wrong with his company tho, he just said he want to start a new business in Paris" 

"Oh my god. Bora help mee" Tiffany was on the verge to sob.

"What is wrong? Hey! Are you okay? Don't make me panic! I will come over"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[BREAKING] One of the biggest firm in the country has closed down. It was reported that the firm couldn't payback the amount of money from NBA and it is triple times from the firm's profit making them had no choice.

 

"Switch off the tv please" pleaded Tiffany to the nurse.

"Yes, Miss" "If you need anything, call me" the nurse in her middle thirty said before closed the door.

Tiffany looked at her father as she tried to wiped her tears away. "Daddy, don't leave me" Tiffany hold his father's weak hand.

Mr. Hwang had been amitted to the Seoul National Hospital as he had a heart attcked after he received the letter informing him that he officially has announced as a bankrupt. Couldn't took the cruel reality, he felt a sudden pang in his heart. 

 

"Tiffany, you can go home. I will take care of your daddy" Aunty Mell, Tiffany's stepmother said softly while shaking her shoulders.

"No, you go away! I want to take care of daddy" Tiffany nudging her stepmother. The old woman looked hurt but she keep her smile on.

"Okay then, Mother will buy some food" she smiled but the tears stubbornly fell.

 

 

~~

 

 

"Fany ahh" her father moved his fingers and put his right hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"Yes daddy" Tiffany wide awake by the sudden called.

"I—I want to see Taeyeon"

"What? Why?"

"Please call him, I have something to say to him"

"No. You should rest daddy" "You must be thirsty, I will pick it up" Tiffany tried to reach the bottle but her father stop her by the wrist.

"No Fany ahh, I want to see Taeyoen. Please call him" the old man looked really sick. Finally, Tiffany give in.

 

~~

"Morning, uncle. How are you feeling?" Taeyeon asked politely as he sat down beside the bed.

"It's getting worst" the patient said hopelessly.

"Don't say that. You will get better" Taeyeon said in a soft tone.

"No—" he coughed "I'm getting sick and old here" he chuckled.

"Stop talking nonsense, you have wife and daughter to take care of. If you are gone, who will take care of them" Taeyeon start massaging Mr. Hwang's hand.

"You"

"Wh—what? I can't"

"No, you can and you will"

Taeyeon looked puzzled. He stared into Mr. Hwang's eyes.

"I want you to marry Tiffany"

"But—"

"No but, I only trust you to take care of Tiffany" "I know only you can put up with her, so please make my wish come true" he pleaded.

"Tiffany hates me"

"Then, make her love you"

"But–" Taeyeon was hopeless. Why would the father of that woman even asked him to marry her. Didn't he know that his daughter hate him so much, she always looked down at Taeyeon.

"Please Taeyeon. I know there is no man like you in this world anymore. Your love for Tiffany never fades even after 12 years or even 20 years, I believe you are the only man who deserves her. I know... I know that she can be hot-tempered sometimes, the sudden mood changes and all but trust me she is really nice and good person. Please Taeyeon" Mr. Hwang's eyes were glistening while he said those words. 

Taeyeon nodded weakly. 

The old man smiled. "Now, I can rest in peace" 

With that, he closed his eyes and gone, forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

RIP Mr. Hwang. So Taeyeon and Tiffany will get married. Are you ready for the abuser Hwang? Lol