07 : Hopeless

The Greatest Man

Flashback.

The noisy sound of the alarm woke Taeyeon up from his dreamland. Taeyeon strecthed his hands up and doing some kind of yoga in his bed. The annoying alarm rang again, making Taeyeon quickly took it and pressed it off. The alarm showed it is 07:40.

Oh my god, I have to hurry up—thought Taeyeon.

He got up and off the bed as fast as he could and headed to the bathroom and shower. He skipped his way to the wardrobe and snatched his school uniform—which was prepared by his mom. The student stuffed all the book into his bagpack as he couldn't do it last night when he accidentally asleep while studying for an upcoming middle year test—could not believe it was already the middle year. From the start of the year until now, Taeyeon was busy studying, studying and studying—secretly studying about Tiffany's life.

Taeyeon gently put some gel—actually a lot , on his short-cut hair and styled his hair in a swag way. Just when he was about to turned, he saw a man cologne and rub a little on his wrist and around the neck. The scents of the cologne was so y that any girl would fall without hesitation. Taeyeon was purposely wore it today. He checked his outfit for the last time before come down.

The cute boy happily climbed down the stairs and marched to the dining room to greet his family. He pulled the chair out and sat down opposite the latter.

"Morning" he greeted.

"Morning too" the girl who was eating replied.

"Where is others ?" he looked around the empty table.

"Mom is in the kitchen, Dad already went to work and Yul Oppa is still in his room"

"Ohh" he grinned suddenly

"Oppa, you looks so happy today, is there something ?" Seohyun, his sister who was eating her omelete asked. 

Taeyeon took the utensils. "Can't I be happy ? This girl" the brother shook his head playfully.

"There is must be something, tell me tell me" the cute girl insisted.

"It's nothing, quick eat!"

"So how is that your crush girl? have you confess? did she accept?

Taeyeon wore a dorky smile and paused for a moment thinking.

"Hmm let me think—that is for me to know and for you to find out" her brother answered playfully.

Seohyun looked annoyed. "Why ? Just tell me!" 

"No wayyy" Taeyeon open his mouth really big before he stuffed the food into his mouth.

"Oppaaa~ tell me please" she pleaded cutely. "I really wonder who she is"

"Oh my god. She has nothing to do with you" Taeyeon drank half of the liquid in his glass.

"What is the occasion happen here ?" Yuri, who came down from the upstairs suddenly spoke up.

"Yul oppa~~ Taeyeon oppa is so mean to me" she pouted to her brother.

"What did he do to you my little sister?" Yuri went beside his sister and patted her head lovingly.

"He won't tell me about that crush girl of him" she tugged the hem of Yuri's school uniform, which was perfectly being ironed.

"Seohyun ahh, it's his problem, why you care" Yuri raised his brows.

"But, I'm really curious"

"You shouldn't interrupt people's business, remember what daddy always told ?" Yuri smiled handsomely and sat down on the chair next to Seohyun.

"Hmm, fine. I will find out about that girl"

Yuri took some noodles onto his plate—not so much he had abs to maintain. While Yuri was busy eating, Taeyeon finished his food and got up, pushed the chair to the back.

"Taeyeon, wait! Can I come with you ? I send my bike to the workshop and maybe this evening it will be done"

"Okay. Hurry up. We are late"

 

 ◆◆◆

 

"Just drop me by here" Yuri said while fixing his hair in the mirror.

"But it's still far, are you okay ?" the driver looked at the street in front. Right, it was still far ahead from their school.

"It's okay, I can walk"

"Are you sure"

"Yes, I'm an athlete remember" he pulled a confindent smile.

"Okay, take care"

"Yeah, you too"

At the school, nobody know that Taeyeon and Yuri were siblings—stepsiblings. Why? Because they both agreed to keep it a secret as there was nothing interesting about it. They both were in the same grade—finally in their senior year of the school. Fortunately, they were in different class or else it's gonna be so damn awkward as they don't talk that much to each other—just a simple convo would do.

 

◆◆◆

 

Taeyeon parked his car and get out. He bent down to look at the side mirror to fix his hair and straightened his uniform. As usual, he headed straight to the gate first—waiting for that certain girl. The students keep coming be it using a car or a bike or by their parents'. The school gate was going to closed but that certain girl isn't coming yet.

She's not coming to school ? Then, this gel and cologne are useless—said Taeyeon in his mind.

Taeyeon threw his hand in the air and walked to his class like a zombie. Who would be happy when your crush isn't present when you already miss them like a crazy and more hard to hold the feeling at home.

The zombie-like went to his table which was located beside the window and sat down. As soon he arrived , he threw his head on the table and cover his face. He couldn't take it anymore, he had beeen dying waiting for today—where his crush would sit next to him.

"Yah! Taeyeon! Don't sleep! Play with us!" His friend, Jessica hit his back. Taeyeon groaned loudly.

"What it is ? I'm tired!" He replied without turned to Jessica.

"Taeyeon! Don't be like this. Let's talk talk talk" Jessica started to annoyed Taeyeon.

"No, go talk to your friend"

"But, I want to talk to you"

"We have nothing to talk, now go away!"

"Taeyeon! How dare you!"

Jessica had always been so clingy to Taeyeon. They were so close to each other like a magnet—whenever there is Taeyeon, there must be Jessica.

"Fine then, let's company me to the cafeteria, I'm hungry" Jessica suddenly changed her topic.

Taeyeon threw his head up and glared the girl sharply.

"Now, you are hungry"

Jessica nodded cutely.

"Yes, I'm hungry"

"So you want me to company you?"

"Yes yes, please"

"Really?"

"Of course, let's go" Jessica pulled Taeyeon's hand.

"Wait wait"

"What ? Why ?

"Let me think" Taeyeon already saw the teacher is coming in the hallway.

"Why would you even think about this matter! It's not that important, now let's go" Jessica hit Taeyeon's head.

"Yes, the teacher is here!" Announced Taeyeon loudly.

"Yah! You said you want to company me to the cafeteria!"

"No, I didn't"

"Yah! Taeyeon , so mean!"

"Jessica, please sit at your table. The test is about to start"

Jessica glared at Taeyeon with that ice glare.

 

◆◆

 

The calmed hallway suddenly turned noisy when that certain girl carefully set her steps and ran for her life, her forehead had begun to sweating, her cheek slowly burns and her foots started to feel numb as the result of this extreme morning exercise. Her bag was now forgotten as she keep run without realise she left her bag at home! —if only she listen to her stepmother. Her hair started flying to the back and sometime her fringe would slapping the sweating forehead making it looks gross! She almost ran out of breath!

Finally, she reached her class coridor. She stopped for a moment, trying to catch some air and fix her appearance.

"Mirror, my mirror!. Where is it" The girl rubbed her own body, searching for the pocket. But there was nothing.

"Ahh yeaah! My bag!" she remembered she either put it in her pocket or bag. Unfortunately for her, she left her bag.

She turned her back and saw her bag was gone! Where is it? Did it fall when I was run? Omg should I go back? .

She glanced over her watch. The exam is about to start. What should I do? If I go back, I would missed the exam but if I don't my image would be ruin! God please help  her!

"Excuse me, is there someone outside?" A voice spoke up.

"Yes"

"Come in"

"The teacher is calling me!" Tiffany said to herself nervously.

Tiffany walked in the class with her messy hair, sweating face and all but she just acting cool as if she was done from the saloon.

"Morning teacher, sorry I'm late" Tiffany bowed and could feel the hungry eyes of her classmates.

"Morning too, luckily we haven't start yet. You may sit down" her teacher replied kindly.

Tiffany's classmates eyed her in a strange way making Tiffany uncomfortable.

"What are you looking at! I know I'm pretty but don't stare too long" Tiffany snapped to the boy.

"Oh please, have you seen your face in the mirror this morning?" The boy replied as he rolled his eyes.

"No. I don't care"

"You must be stupid then" another boy joined in and laughed at her.

Tiffany just shrugged it off and went straight to her seat beside the sleeping Taeyeon. Yes, Taeyeon immediately sleep when he saw his crush isn't coming today.

"Yah stupid! Lend me your pen!" she kicked the poor guy hard.

Taeyeon stirred in his sleep and squinted his eyes slowly to look at the disturbance. He opened his eye lids and scanning the girl's face—looks like Tiffany.

"Hello stupid! I said lend me your pen!" Tiffany started to feel impatient with the slow respond from Taeyeon.

"Huh?" Taeyeon asked still half awake.

"Oh my god this deaf boy! Give me your pen!" With that messy hair of Tiffany, who could recognize it was her. Taeyeon take a minute to register it was Tiffany!—his crush.

"Oh—oh okay.. give me a second" Taeyeon quickly dig his bag and pulled his pencilcaseout.

Before Taeyeon could hand the pen, Tiffany already snatched it by herself.

OH MY GOD! TIFFANY USE MY PEN! THOSE CUTE FINGERS!-shouted Taeyeon in his heart feeling extra happy.

 

 ~

 

Tiffany hold the pen firmly betweend her thumb and forefinger. Tiffany took a sheet of the paper and flipped it elegantly causing a loud 'WOW' from her left, she turned her head and saw Taeyeon was gasping. Tiffany raised her brows wondering about this weird guy.

In Taeyeon's point of view he could clearly see the profile side of the girl—her perfect structures. The most appealing was that seductive lips—it looks kind of red and plump making Taeyeon imagine how soft it is when he touched. Just on the right time, Tiffany bit her bottom lips as she thinking hard about the answer, she was sure she remember it.

 

 ~~

 

 

Two hours of test almost passed and the teacher was going to announce it anytime soon. The teacher then stood up and spoke up.

"Ok boys and girls. You can stop answer the question."

Taeyeon startled from his daydreaming by the loud voice of the teacher. He glanced over his watch and noticed the time is up! And he did nothing to his paper because he was too busy admiring Tiffany's face. ! I'm dead!

"Please send the test paper to the front" said the teacher.

 

◆◆

 

 

"How was your paper" Sooyoung asked as they walked side by side to the cafeteria.

"Bad" "Really bad" Taeyeon's head bowed in disappointed.

"I thought you studied last night?" 

"Yes , I did"

"Then, why?"

"I forgot t—" "Taeyeon ahhhh" shouted Jessica from the far.

Taeyeon sighed heavily.

"That is normal to forget the answers" Sooyoung gave his smile to Taeyeon as he patted his bestfriend's shoulder gently.

"Your annoying 'girlfriend is here', I will go first"

If only you know what actually happen—thought Taeyeon as he chuckled sadly.

Taeyeon was hopelessly in love with that girl.

 

 

◆◆◆