23 : Insecure Taeyeon?

The Greatest Man

*****

 

TAEYEON'S POV.

 

Every bite that I took I could see an eagle's like pair of eyes gawking at me dangerously. I munched and savoured the entire food in the box with a calm face. I didn't showed any reaction or spoke up eventhough I know the impatient woman in front of me was dying to hear my feedback but I wouldn't let she get her ways with me.

"How is it? Is it good or bad?" She eagerly asked me.

I just nodded. Not giving any answer that she wanted. I could sense she was upset and I tried to act cool.  It wasn't that bad but at least I could feel a little bit of saltiness than taste nothing, right?.

"Can you please say something?" Her eyes were wavering and I swear I wanted to punch the wall so hard right now.

"There is nothing I want to say." I glanced to my watch. "You can leave now. I've finished your food." I gave the empty box to her and she unwillingly took it.

"But, I want to spend time with you." She said cutely and I tried to resist my heart.

"No. Leave Tiffany. This is not your place." I said coldly. Didn't care about her feelings, it was true after all. She hate me and everything around me. I sighed.

"Don't say that. I will try to change my perspective of you and everything." She looked at me with that big eyes .

"It's not that easy Tiffany. Even if you have change, I don't think I will accept you back." I motioned her to the door.

"Taeyeon, please give me one more chance–" But I just closed the door. The pain in my heart was invisible but I swear it hurts. Hurt because I couldn't bear to see her like that and the memory of the past never once left me when I see her.

 

 

◆◆◆

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV.

 

After Taeyeon literally chased me out from his kitchen yesterday, I started thinking if I was really doing the right thing by chasing him but I know there was nobody like him anymore and I wouldn't let he leave me. His rejection yesterday, just make me wants him even more. Seeing him acting like a bad boy was kind of hot and I never thought he could look that y. When he was my husband, he always showing his caring, calm and responsible side around me and it always irked me. I didn't know why I hate him so much, maybe I prefer bad boy.

I skipped my way to the bed and tucked my body in a warm comforter and I smiled. Tomorrow was a weekend and weekend means I could meet Taeyeon and go out with him no matter how hard he refuse. I know I couldn't redeem my sin to him. I wasted a love from a man who love me heartfully. I was so stupid to believe I could be happy and have freedom without him.

 

Flashback.

"Tiffany~ do you need anything else?" Taeyeon peeked his head between the door. That was one of his routine –make sure I'm fine before he go to sleep. I lied my back on the comfy bed while he was probably still sleeping on the couch in the living room because he didn't have the time to get and buy a new bed. I should've help him but I didn't. I was a selfish .

"My shoulders are aching. Massage me." I ordered her and he obediently listen without hesitation.

Taeyeon sat on the edge of the bed and massaging my shoulders. I should've been the one who did that to him because he was busy working all day long but I didn't. I was useless.

 

~

 

"Can you please stop going to the club?" He asked out of the blue. We were just enjoying our night together in his apartment on the couch while watching some tv show but I guess nothing attract him as I could feel someone was staring at me –obviously it was Taeyeon.

"Huh?" I was taken aback. Why with the sudden question?.

"I said," He took a breathe. "Please stop going to the club. I don't like it." I know he hate seeing me dressed in an exposed outfit and all  but that was one of the way to pissed him off. I was never a fan of club or drinking but that doesn't mean I was nice either, I know how much Taeyeon hates alcohol and drunk people but nonetheless, I still went to the club and back home with a stink smell. I did it because I just want him to leave me and realize I'm not that good to be his wife –and never be.

"It's none of your business." He looked at me.

"You are my wife. How come it's none of my business? You are my responsibility." His level of angriness raising.

'Yes, keep going'– I chanted in mind

"Stop saying I'm your wife! We are just married on paper! Keep that fact in your head." I know he was going to get hurt by the words and maybe explode but he didn't. He just simply took his gaze down and turned away.

"I know.." Yes, he did get hurt but why would he kept his anger and frustrated inside? Why he didn't explode to me?. Why he was so great in holding his emotion back?. Should I provoke him more harder?.

Flashback end.

I closed my eyelids and immediately sleep claimed my tired body and exhausted mind.

 

 

◆◆◆

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV.

 

I woke up with an annoying sound in the house. Someone was blasting music in this household and I'm sure to kick that person out of my house. I pushed the blanket down and get my off the bed with a grunt. With a bed hair and swollen face, I climbed down the stairs. There, I saw that woman dancing in the living room with my speaker.

"Stop the music!" I yelled and she turned her head to me.

"What?" She was confused.

I walked to her and pick the speaker by myself. "Turn off the music." 

"Oh okay."

"What are you doing here?" I asked straight to the point.

"I want to spend time with you today but you were still asleep so I thought I could play some music while waiting for you to wake up." Tiffany said in a low voice. She looked afraid of me.

"Who said I want to go out with you?" My voice was serious. I wouldn't play easy anymore.

"Taeyeon~~ please..I'm all alone right now. I only have you." Tiffany looked sad but I didn't care because she was the one who want to get rid of me.

"Go out with your boy. That one you cheat on me."

I was shocked when she skipped her way and hug me. "Taeyeon please give me a chance. I want you. I'm not lying. I beg you just this time to believe that I really want you and I want to change." Her ragged breathe slapped the crook of my neck and it felt so nice and warm. Be strong my heart.

"If you say so.. Just this time, I believe your words. If your action proves nothing, I'm done and I want you to leave...my life." It wasn't easy to say that words but it would be hard for me to live if she ever lying and hurting me again.

"Really?" Her eyes were sparkling. "I will do my best to earn your trust back." She was smiling so hard.

Was she that happy?

 

 

~

 

 

"Taeyeon? Can you help me?" Yuri from the other line asked.

"What is it?" I was having breakfast with Tiffany when Yuri suddenly called me.

"Jessica and I want to spend some time alone but there is nobody will take care of Clara." The butterflies in my stomach were flying when Yuri mentioned Clara. I really missed that little girl. Ever since Yuri and Jessica take her away, I couldn't even see her anymore due to work and all.

"Of course." I said almost in rush. "You can send her at my house".

"Really? Is that fine? You are free today? Don't you have date or anything?" Actually I had promise the woman across the table to spend time together but I guess Clara was more important now.

"No. I'm free today. Hurry up bring Clara here. I miss her." 

"Okay, we will arrive later. Jessica is busy preparing Clara's bag."

"Good."

The phone call ended with me grinning so hard until the corner of my lips almost touch my ears and that sight never missed Tiffany's view.

"Who's that?"

"Yuri. He asked me to look after Clara."

"Today?"

"Yes."

"Why? I thought you want to go out with me?"

She put down her utensils and looked at me.

"I'm sorry. We can go out next time." I know Tiffany hate being delay and wait for things but that wouldn't change my decision to see Clara.

"Fine," She defeated. "But promise we will go out next time." She continued eating her food with an uneven breathing.

"Yes, I promise." I thought she was going to preach and hit me like before but I  guess she really want to change. I could sense that she was trying hard to stay calm. That was impressive.

 

 

~

 

 

"Here, Clara's bag. Everything that she need is in the bag." Jessica shoved the bag to me while Clara was sleeping on Yuri's shoulder. She was getting big and chubby.

"Okay. Don't worry." I hung the bag on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Taeyeon. If it isn't you we don't know how to do." Yuri said and pulled his wife closer to him. What a cute couple.

"It's okay. It's my pleasure to take care Clara. She's like my daughter already." Right on the cue, Tiffany came out and stood beside me.

"Hey Jessica, Yuri." Tiffany greeted them.

"Oh Tiffany? You...Taeyeon??" Yuri said while looking back and forth between us.

"He's my boyfriend, right Taeyeon?" She said in excitement and cling on my arm. My eyes widen. We were not.

"No!" Realized I just shouted, I tone down my voice, afraid Clara would wake up. "I mean no. We are just friend." I retreated my arm back and plopped it to the side. Tiffany frowned her brows.

Yuri leaned closer to my ear and whispered. "Don't let this chance slip or else you will regret later." I stiffened.

"We are talking too much. Give me Clara and go away." I tried to brush off Yuri's words and change the topic.

"You are so eager with our daughter huh. You better get your own daughter then." Jessica said and looked at Tiffany. "Am I right, Tiffany?" Jessica pulled out a sly smile. I really understand that means.

Tiffany blushed. "I don't think I could be a good mom tho.."

"Don't worry. Because our Taeyeon here is a good dad. He knows how to take care a baby well." This time, it was my time to turns red.

"What are you talking about. We are just friend." I turned my head to Yuri, asking for help.

"That is enough Sica. We are late now, let's go." Yuri got my signal and distracted Jessica.

"Seobang. Hold on." Jessica went beside Tiffany and whispering something that I couldn't listen from far.

Yuri stood on his feet and passed Clara who was sleeping to my arm. Luckily, she didn't wake up from the sudden movement.

"Okay that's it. Please take care her for us." Yuri and Jessica entered the black Benz and drifted away. They said they are going on honeymoon, did it means I have to take care of Clara for a week? My eyes widen in realization. My phone vibrated indicating a message was received. I unlocked my phone and read the message.

'Enjoy your week with Tiffany and Clara!' DAMN.

My maids were taking their days off which means there was only me, Tiffany and Clara in the house. I'm not really sure if I should be happy or otherwise. Happy because it seems like we were like a family, or awkward with my ex-wife under one rooftop. I put the thoughts aside and proceed to put Clara on my bed. I left Tiffany alone in the living room while me in the room with Clara. She had become more big and healthy since Yuri comeback.

"So, you like it when Yuri daddy take care of you and mommy? You are lucky." I stared at her serene face. It give me a comfortable aura.

Of course I still love the woman downstairs and wish to have a happy family together but my heart couldn't listen. I could easily accept her back and live happily but what if the past repeat its history?. For now, let's just go with the flow. When the time has come, I will open my heart and we will live together.

A loud cries from Clara startled me from my deep thoughts. I picked her up and rocked my body around the room. She always calm down if I did it but she didn't and I guess she might want milk. I marched to the kitchen and started mixing the milk with the warm water. By now, Clara was asleep on my shoulder and I wonder how could she sleep just like that when I was so panic about her. I took the bottle and Clara to the living room. I saw a figure was lying on the couch. I thought she was already went home. She was never a patient person before.

"Tif..fa.ny." I called and shook her body gently. No wonder she asleep. I literally left her alone for almost an hour.

She stirred for her dreamland while rubbing her eyes cutely. She still looked cute and gorgeous like before. My heart skipped a beat.

"Oh Taeyeon." She sat up to give more space for me to sit.

I landed my beside her. "Why you are still here? You should sleep at your home." I didn't mean to be rude but that was the only sentence that came out from my mouth.

"Sorry, I accidentally fall asleep. I want to wait for you."

"It's okay. You should go home if you are that tired." Clara slowly shifted from my shoulder and open her eyes.

"She's awake." I put Clara down and put the to her lips. Clara gladly latch it and drink her milk. Tiffany and I awkwardly sat beside each other.

"Should we go to the yard?" She was hesitant to answer at first. "Don't worry, my yard has a roof. You won't get burn." I chuckled when she nodded right away. I know she afraid of sunburn.

I put the shoes on Clara's foot and walked her around. Because Clara just learned how to walk, we understand when she took baby steps and Tiffany patiently walked together with us.

"One. Two. Three." I counted her steps and the baby giggled excitedly. She released my fingers that she had been holding on and grab Tiffany's fingers.

"You want me to hold you?" Tiffany squatted down and asked the baby. The baby replied with a squeal like she understand Tiffany's question.

I just watched Tiffany took the baby's hand in her palm and they walked together in the yard. I was curious when they stopped near the flowers.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany was holding a butterfly between her thumb and index finger.

"Clara likes the butterfly, so I catch it for her." The baby happily giggled when she succeed touched the butterfly.

I squatted down beside Clara, making the baby squashed between us and I locked my gaze with Tiffany's.

"Eventhough you like the butterfly because it is pretty but eventually we have to let it go and let it have a freedom anyway because we don't want it to suffer, right? They won't be pretty anymore after that. We shouldn't be a cage for them. They deserve to be free. It's better to look at them from the far." I turned my head to Clara and smiled as if I talked to her but actually I tried to hide my emotion after I said that.

Tiffany was a butterfly in my life, that I was aching to touch and catch but I couldn't because I didn't want to see her suffering. It was better this way. She was so close yet so far.

 

 

 

*****


Now, we get to see their point of view for a better reading.