25 : Divine

The Greatest Man

*****

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

"Promise you won't leave me like daddy?" I asked him. I looked straight into his eyes, the eyes that never lie to me –not even once.

"Yes, I promise." He said while his eyes sending his sincerity to me. I could see his heart through his eyes and it was anything but pure.

 

Out of blue, he took a step forward with his unwavering eyes. My heart skipped a beat, maybe two beats and even three beats but I don't care. The intensity in his eyes says it all. He brought his arms onto my shoulders and he pulled me closer. In that moment, I saw nothing but his eyes, the eyes that speak to me. In another moment, the gap between us lost and being replaced with his body.

The sudden heat that touched my skin –more precisely, my lips. It was burning like a flame from the mad fire in a cold winter. It was cold but the sensation on my lips bring butterflies in my stomach and it felt like something was doing some backflips or somersault there but I don't care, I like it, I love it.

He kissed me. He...kissed.. me. I chanted in my mind. The man that once I thought was a coward, 'steal' a kiss from me and this time I don't get mad. If we back to the past, I would probably slap or punch him because being so stupid and shameless but not now, not today or not in present. 

I didn't know how long I held my breathe but when my mind finally back to earth, he back away. The lost touch from my lips made me frowns my brows. It just a peck but I wanted more, so I harshly pulled his shirt and crash our lips back. His eyes got widen –he looked cute though. I could feel he was smiling against our lips and gently poke his tounge towards my entrance. Being in the same page, I allowed him enter my dark cavern.

After like forever the interaction we shared. We parted away. He rubbed my plump lips with his tender fingers.

"Thank you for everything." He said after our intense gaze and give me his dimple smile.

"No. I should be the one to thank you." I took his hand and placed it onto my chest. "I think...this heart can accept you."

He said nothing but cupped my face and peck my forehead.

"Don't leave. Stay with me." I think that was the hundredth times I said it to him. It was either a nod or a smile as a reply but this time he hug me, so tight.

"I won't."

 

******

 

I stared at the lifeless body inside the ICU room. I could't seems to drag my feet and my hands to turned the knob–my nerves went numb. I was terrified it was impossible to accept the shocking news in no time. Everything happened so fast like in a blink of eyes. One moment, he was with me and kissing and say sweet nothing to each other. And another moment, there he was. Looking like a dead person. With wires in contact at every part of his body that the doctor could put. Or maybe would leave this world –leave me, anytime soon.

The times that we shared, never once she let me feel useless and lonely. He always make sure to show me his love, not by touch and words but simply an action and looks. He knows my likes and dislikes while me know nothing but hurting him so bad all this time. I was nothing but a that doesn't deserve his love.

When I thought I could make him happy and treat him better, another obstacles come and crush my hope. I was so scared to losing him to god, call me selfish but I really want him to be by my side to whisper soothing words that could make me sleep in nothing but a happy heart.

For the past few days, I couldn't sleep properly and would always waking up in the middle of night. Dreaming Taeyeon would leave me anytime soon. I wasn't preparing myself for another death. I would pray and pray to god for waking Taeyeon up so that I could say the three words that I couldn't mutter before but I swear I'm ready to say it now.

"Tiffany." Yuri's voice startled me from my deep thoughts. "What are you doing here? Why don't you come in?"

I just shook my head."Let's just stay outside. I can't face him."

"Let's go to the cafeteria downstairs. You looks like you need a cup of coffee." As usual, Yuri was attentive with me.

"That sounds good." I said and walked with him.

We entered the elevator and marched to cafe. Hospital's smell was never my favorite. The meds' smell just made me going crazy. Finally, I could bretathe easily in the cafe.

I sat on the empty table while Yuri went to the counter to order our drinks. A few minutes later, he comeback with 2 cups and snack in hands.

"Here. You should eat too." He shoved the food to my hands.

"Thank you but I'm full already." I lied. I was hungry but I had lost my appetite and all I want was Taeyeon.

"Not my problem. We are going nowhere unless you finish the food." Yuri, sure know how to play with me.

"Okay, whatever." Lazily I picked the drink up and sipped it.

Yuri looked at me quietly. He seems to ask me something.

I just shrugged it off and proceed to finish my food so that I could look after Taeyeon.

"How many days already you didn't go home and eat properly? You looks terrible now." Yuri said and scanned me from top to half of my body.

I took a look at my hair, skin and clothes. True enough, it was terrible and scary but I couldn't care anymore.

"2 days maybe? I don't know." Wow. Taeyeon had been unconscious for 2 days already.

"You should go home. He won't wake up anytime soon." Yuri's words crushed my hope.

"I know." I placed the food down. "But, I want to be the first person he meet when he gain consciousness."

The Doctor had informed us that Taeyeon was stable and had no severe injury but the problem was his brain was shocked and he need times before he wake up. Basically, he was in coma.

"Going home for an hour wouldn't hurt."

"It's okay. How is Clara? I miss her."

"She is learning how to speak now. She can even say daddy! I'm so happy." The sparkling in his eyes said everything.

"So lucky. I wish I have kids too." I pouted.

"Don't be sad. It's not that hard, just ask Taeyeon to give it to you." There, Yuri teased me again.

I blushed. "We are far away from that!" I laughed afterwards. Thanks to Yuri I could laugh after the crying last night.

"Come on. I know what you guys have done." He squinted his eyes.

"Nonsense! You are ridiculous. I'm done here." I stood up and walked away from that crazy man.

"Tiffany! Oh god, wait." He yelled.

"Thanks for the meal! I'm going to Taeyeon's room."

 

 

*****

 

I sat beside Taeyeon's bed and reached for his hand. The hand that always holding me when I sad. But not now, he couldn't do that but that didn't mean I couldn't hold his hand. I entertwined our hands together. Every space between his fingers perfectly match mine. I giggled softly. People said if a couple hands' perfectly match each other means they were the one for you –maybe Taeyeon was the one for me. How blind was me to deny him and his love when he was meant for me? Stupid was the right word.

I kissed the back of his hand, it was cold not like the usual warmth I used to. His head was covered in gauze and it looked like a mumia to me. I chuckled. Even in this state, he still give me happiness.

"Don't leave, Taeyeon. I need you." I said to the patient.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be with you when you need me but I promise I will stay beside you from now on." The annoying salty liquids fell again just like the day before.

"Look at my face. You're making me cry again! How dare you!" The tears streaming down with so much passion.

And I didn't bother to wipe it off. "You are so mean!"

My tears slowly wetting his hand. "Now, you can't even wipe my tears. You don't love me right?"

No movement or respond but I hope he heard me. "Please wake up so we can spend time together again. I'm so sick of hospital."

"I have so much things to tell you."

That I love you, I miss you and I want a family with you but that could wait until you wake up.

His fingers move a little but that could be because of I shook his hand too hard like usual. I looked at him one last time before I went to bathroom.

"I'm going to shower first. Don't be naughty." I warned playfully and picked my needs to the bathroom.

 

"Tif..fa..ny.."

"Tiff...I'm...h–here..."