18 : A different Tiffany?

The Greatest Man

♥♥

 

A year had passed since that fateful night and Taeyeon had been living happily and receive so much love from his close friend. It was also been a year since he last heard from Tiffany and he didn't bother to know or care anymore. If the old Taeyeon was a masochist, kind-hearted and loves that lucky woman with all of his heart, the new Taeyeon had become so much better. He had a successful business, become more good looking and y –any girls would definitely fall for him.

 

After their divorce, Taeyeon spent his time with working his off so that certain woman wouldn't bugging his mind. And best of luck from Taeyeon, he had successfully open another branch of his bakery business. After their divorce, Taeyeon had been fighting and forcing himself to forget that ungrateful human being. However, a scar that Tiffany left wouldn't gone overnight. People were right –sometimes, we fall in love with the wrong person at the wrong place in a wrong time.

"Congrats bro! You did well!" Sooyoung startled Taeyeon from his daydream.

"Oh my god. Could you please tone down your voice?" Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung with an annoyed look.

"What? I congrats you and you didn't even say thank you? What friend is this?" Sooyoung crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, thank you. You are the bestest best friend I have ever had." Taeyeon said with a thin smile on his face.

"That is better." Sooyoug tapped Taeyeon's shoulder but accidentally hit too hard.

"What.." Taeyeon turned to Sooyoung and nudged him.

"YAHH? I didn't do it on purpose OKAY!" Sooyoung shouted loudly making the crowd looked at them wonderingly.

Taeyeon faced the crowd and smile shyly.

"Shuu.. The event is going to start."

"Everyone. Let's welcome our handsome founder of Bakery Station to give his speech." The MC said excitedly.

Taeyeon got off his seat and went to the board with so much charisma that looks really y. "Thank you everyone for your support. If not because your support, I didn't think I could be standing here, thus thank you very much."

"Not just have a good looking face, but he also good at baking! Only fool doesn't love him." The fangirls started chanting the founder's name with so much passion.

"You are making me blush." Taeyeon said to the MC and the crowd heard that too.

"Oh my god, look! He's blushing. What a cutie." Taeyeon just bit his bottom lips at the words.

"Okay. Now let's start cutting the ribbons, I'm sure many of you can't wait to attack the store, Am I right?" The customers responded with a shout.

"Here we go."

Taeyeon and Sooyoung stood beside each other with a scissor in hand.

"In 3 2 1.." Taeyeon and Sooyoung proudly cut the ribbon. "The store has officially open! Enjoy your food!".

"Oppa! Oppa! Can we take a photo?"

"Oppa so charming!"

"Taeyeonn oppaaa!"

"I wish I could be the cake so that you would touch me!"

"Your fingers are so y oppa!"

"Marry me oppa!"

 

Taeyeon laughed at his fangirls cheesy words. They would never stop it, right?.

 

 

♥♥

 

After a year, Tiffany realized how much she need the love from that great man– the one who never tired to put up with her ridiculous behaviour, her never ending moody attitude and her harsh words. Without his love, she lost, she had nowhere to go and she had nobody to lean on anymore– she regret it so much. Tiffany should've listen to Bora, should've cancel her stupid plan and just accept Taeyeon as he was.

 

But, what had been done, was done and no turning back. Tiffany realized she couldn't live without Taeyeon and his money–and she was the fool this time. There was nobody like Taeyeon in this world, he was one of a kind. If only she could turn back the time and stop hurting Taeyeon –she would do.

Now, I have to work hard to earn money. If I didn't do that stupid plan, I must be walking around the mall and buy everything there.

Looking back at the past, she wonder how strong Taeyeon was, coping with her snobbish side, curses and everything –if she was on Taeyeon's shoes, she would leave but Taeyeon didn't.

 

"Hey Tiffany." Bora walked inside Tiffany's office room and bring a glass of water. Taeyeon had keep his promise by getting Tiffany's license back but Tiffany thought Bora was the one do her favor. 

"I regret it Bora, so much." Tiffany facepalmed herself and cried. With so much stress from her cases , she was overwhelmed.

"Hey, what is the matter?" Bora went to Tiffany's side and hugged her bestfriend.

"I realize I need him, I really do. If only..I–I listen–" It was too late to realize but at least she know she need him. 

"It's okay, babe..you can walk this path." 

"But, I shouldn't wasted his love. I was a bad girl." Tiffany should've treat him better.

"No, don't say it. Everything happen for a reason." 

Tiffany nodded her head and continued her fake sobbing. Maybe Bora was right, everything happen for a reason. You need to lose something first, so that you know how to appreaciate things.

After Tiffany finally had calm down, Bora spoke up. "You know what Tiffany, I think I know where is Taeyeon."

Tiffany's eyes widen and her heart skipped a couple times. "What?!" She pretended to be shock in front of Bora. Bore should've no idea what she's been up to.

"Here," Bora threw a newspaper to Tiffany. "Take a look."

It was a news about a successful young entrepeneur just launched a new branch and had a good feedback from people.

"Is it him?" Tiffany asked trying to sound unsure.

He has improve his looks, I see.

"Your eyes are right. It is. He has become so much successful and got a tons of money." Bora smirked and purposely throw the fact to Tiffany's face.

"That is good, I guess." She shrugged.

"Forget about him. Let's have lunch, I'm hungry."

 

 

♥♥

 

 

"Man, you should see those fangirls going crazy over you. It's scary." Taeyeon shook his head and proceed to his seat.

"Let them be," They settled down and ordered their food. "What do you want to eat? I will pay."

Sooyoung pulled out a dorky smile and his lips. "You pay? That is really sweet of you. I will order everything, don't worry." He picked up the menu and scanned it with so much detail.

"I like this grilled beef," Sooyoung said. "This pasta looks yummy too."

"Okayy~ whatever. You choose." Taeyeon giggled at his bestfriend antics. Sooyoung never changed.

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung went to the restaurant after the launch. And right at the moment, the other bestfriend also come to the same place.

Tiffany and Bora entered the main entrance with a happy smile on their face.

 

"Let's sit over there, you sit first. I have to go to the toilet." Tiffany said and left Bora alone.

"Oh okay." Bora replied and sat down. And her head just straight at the person in the front and the looks on her face could tell she was shock.

"OH MY GOD." The shock woman said in her mind.

Bora hurriedly went to the toilet and find that certain girl.

"Tiff! Where are you!" Bora shouted loudly as there was nobody in the toilet.

"I'm here. What's wrong." Tiffany replied from the closed door.

"Hurry up. We need to go." Bora said in a panic tone.

"In a minute. Let me finish my business." To say she felt uneasy was an understatement.

Bora tapped on the water and fix her make-up while waiting for Tiffany to come out. Her make-up was ruined by the sweats because she was panic to the maximum.

"Why?" Tiffany asked as soon as she came out.

"Let's go." Bora dragged Tiffany harshly to the outside.

Tiffany was struggling to release herself from Bora's grip. "Yah! What's wrong."

"Don't ask. We need to get out of this place first."

"We are already here. Let's eat. You are weird." Tiffany released her wrist and fix her messy hair.

"No. Tiffany. Please listen to me." 

"Excuse me, can you move away?" A man spoke up.

Bora facepalmed herself. The one who she want to avoid already in front of her face. And she was stupid, among many place, why would they come here?.

Tiffany turned around. "Huh?"

"I said move away. Are you deaf?"

"Tae–taeyeon ?" This guy looks the same in the newspaper.

Taeyeon smiled and leaned close to Tiffany. "So, you know me?"

"Ye–yes." She was shock at the sudden proximity. Taeyeon was never this bold.

"Well, that is great. At least you know me," He whispered softly. "And remember me?" He laughed afterwards.

"Taeyeon, let's talk." Tiffany was determined to ask for 'forgiveness'.

"Sorry, I'm busy and I don't have time." Taeyeon walked away.

"Please, just  few minutes. I have something to tell." Tiffany held Taeyeon's firm arm and stopped the man.

Wow, that was probably the first time Taeyeon heard Tiffany said 'Please' because almost 1 year they live together, Tiffany would never say that word even if she want that thing so much.

"Let me think." Taeyeon acted so thoughtful for a moment.

"Please." Tiffany said softly and her eyes almost got big like a puppy.

I swear I'm going to kill that man for this stupid idea.

Taeyeon chuckled silently. Could his heart melted at the sight?. "Okay. Let's talk outside."

Both man and woman marched to the outside.

"Now, talk. I don't have much time. I need to eat." Taeyeon said, not bother to look at Tiffany.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." She said sincerely.

"You are forgiven. Now you can leave and find your own happiness." Taeyeon replied.

"Taeyeon, wait. I realize I was wrong. I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate about your feelings. I know what I did by chea–"

"Okay. I got it. You are forgiven. Now leave." He said nicely. Tiffany's action a year ago was still fresh in his mind and he didn't want to remember it ever again.

"Taeyeon..please give me a chance. I realize I need your love. Nobody ever love me like you so please..let me make it up for you." She was on the verge to cry but she hold it.

"No, Tiffany. What you have done was too much and I don't think I could accept you back."

"Taeyeon..taeyeon..stop talking like that. You still love me right? I know cause you often said you will love me forever." Tiffany shook Taeyeon's arm and force him to look at her.

"That is enough Tiffany. I don't want you to suffering living with me anymore and I had enough," Taeyeon sighed. "You are now free from me. You can do whatever you want and I won't stop you."

"Please give me a chance just like me give you chance?" She begged.

"I have move on just like you want me to do, so stop making everything more hard. You have your own life and I have mine too. I'm happy this way." Taeyeon explained. Eventhough he had move on and let Tiffany go, seeing Tiffany cries in front of his face was really hurt. He wished he could wipe that tears off and hug her but no, he ain't going that path.

"You have to make me happy first..re..remem.. remember your promise? Now , I.. I want it." Tiffany said while trying hard to stop her sobbing.

"We are done here." Taeyeon said coldly and went to Sooyoung who was standing at the main entrance.

"Let's go, I have lost my appetite." 

 

Oh my god. I never thought Tiffany would begging at me. Wow this is new.

 

But, how true is her words?.

 

 ◆◆◆