04 : Be strong

The Greatest Man

◆◆◆

 

Jeonju was one of the top destinations for tourist. Jeonju City  had a mix of both urban and rural culture. In one of the busiest street on Jeonju, there was a famous optical shop runned by Kim Family. The store became chaotic when Yuri barged in.

"Did Taeyeon really married that ruthless woman? man.. I hope he still alive by now" Yuri said.

The tiny old woman came out from the back, "You are so noisy, Yuri. There is a customer" his mother retreated and ignored his son.

Yuri followed the short-curly haired old woman close behind.

"Mom, stop. Answer me" The tanned man asked.

"Is not even your business. Go find job before you care about someone else life"

Yuri rolled his eyes to the back. "Sooyoung told me that Taeyeon and Tiffany has been married for 2 days! Mom! What is this? Why I did not know! How dare you" Yuri pouted as he stomped his feet like a kid asking for candy.

This time it was Ms. Kim to rolled her eyes. "What? Is it my fault now? You didn't even come home for 2 f***ing days and you blame me not to tell you?!" the angry old woman pulled his son's ears out that it turned reddish immediately.

"Mom, I was just right there in front of the street, helping senior citizens and others" Yuri stood back from his mother, tried to avoid the attack.

"Why would you help them? There is no help needed! This stupid kid" she attacked his son again.

"It was fun, you know!" Yuri replied before ran away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The truth was Yuri was a charisma engineer working in Seoul but he quit because 'It's not fun' excuse—that was what he always said. And now, he want to find 'a fun job' instead. Yuri and Taeyeon went to the same school. If Taeyeon was a nerd , calm and reserve child, Yuri was completely different—he was athletic, hyperactive and wild child. Maybe, that was why girls prefer Yuri over his nerd brother. The funny was , he know how to styled his hair but not outfit—yes, only hair. Thankfully, with the presence of fashion designer goddess, his style was saved.

"How do I look today?" Yuri shifted his body in front of mirror.

"Handsome as always" Jessica stood up and back-hugged her boyfriend.

"I know that. You don't have to be worry" he fixed his hair some more.

"Seobang~~ do you want to marry me" Jessica called her lover's nickname cutely.

Yuri turned back and automatically placed his hands on either side of his woman's waist.

"I realllyyy~realllly~ want to marry you. Why you ask? You don't want to be my wife?" Yuri pretend to looked sad.

Jessica grinned wider at her lover's antic and pinched Yuri's cheek.

"Silly, don't say that. I love you" she tapped his nose lightly with her forefinger.

Yuri released his hands and jumped around happily.

"Yes! Jessica is gonna marry me" Yuri pulled his biggest smile and kissed the woman.

"But Yuri" Jessica begin "You know…my father keep asking when will you get a job. At least, you have to be capable in terms of money" Yuri didn't looked pleased.

"Job job job. At home Mom will always nags me about job and when I'm going out with you, you talk about it too, don't you know I'm tired of it?" Jessica knew Yuri was unhappy but what would she do, Yuri need a job to support them when they get married.

 

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany sat on her comfy bed quietly thinking how her life gone wrong—from her fathers' death to she lost her job to lost her home and basically she lost everything, and more wrong—get married with a guy that completely different from her ideal type. In her eyes Taeyeon was always wrong —be it in education, characters and family or friends. They had never grew fond of each other—well, maybe just Tiffany. Nickhun, yes that jerk, they had been lover since college and Tiffany thought he's the one—how stupid was Tiffany to even had that thought. Daddy never give his blessing to our relationship but I was stubborn and worst Nickhun and I had plan to run away but turned out he ran away with my money—Tiffany chuckled and slapped her own's puffy cheek. "My bed~~" Tiffany whined and caressed the mattress sadly. "I'm gonna miss you" she pouted.

The Hwang Mansion and the other belongings—her car, her bed are going to be confiscated. They only had a week left before they had to move. Aunty Mell probably would just stay in Seoul and look some cheap house to rent—Taeyeon had told her to follow Tiffany and himself to go back to Jeonju but she simply rejected it saying she didn't want to burden Taeyeon's family. The jobless lawyer sobbed so hard just by the thought to live under one roof with Taeyeon—and his family. It would be chaotic, of course.

 

 

~~

 

Taeyeon walked slowly tried to not make any sound as he straight to the girl on bed.

"Tiffany, are you okay" He called softly.

"Let's eat, mother has prepare the foods and she even cook your favorite sweet and sour eel dishes" He looked really innocent. Tiffany  breathe hardly. "She thinks if she cook my favorite dish I would come down? In your dream! I don't want to eat a piece of her handmade food, It's dirty.  And if you want to eat just eat by yourself. Why would you call me. I don't want to eat. " she picked up her  phone and ignored her now-husband.

"Don't be like that, mother has prepare the food since evening and at least, you should eat some to show your gratitude" Taeyeon walked at the edge of the bed and sat down.

"I didn't even ask her to cook for me and why would I eat her food, no matter how hungry I am, I would never touch it. She just give me headache"

"You will get sick later if you don't eat" said Taeyeon concernly.

"Then, take me to the fancy restaurant" she know Taeyeon couldn't pay for the food there, but she ask anyway just so she could tear Taeyeon's pride.

Taeyeon retreated. "Bu—but… it's okay if you don't want to eat. I will save some food for you later"

Men, had heart too. Taeyeon stared at his feet—tried not to show any emotion. He faced his wife and his lip slowly formed a thin line.

"If you need anything, call me. I'm just at the next door" Eventhough his heart was shattering, he still cared for his wife.

"Whatever. Now get out". She pushed the poor guy harshly.

Taeyeon had lived his life way back at Jeonju, being a nerd—who loves book, he could care less about fashion. He always styled himself in long-sleeved shirt and slightly large slack pants —not suitable for his size. His black short hair was a little bit messy at the top but his cute face make up for it. In summary, not that good in Tiffany's style 

 

 

~~~

 

 

"Where is Tiffany, Taeng" Aunty Mell was busy arranged the utensils on the big dining table.

Taeyeon pulled the chair out and sat down. "She is not feeling well" Taeyeon didn't even make any eye contact with the old woman.

Who was he to lied to this stepmother of Tiffany, the old woman had been living with Tiffany for over 10 years and never once Tiffany touched her cook. Was it because she was a bad cook or the food didn't lift up to her expectation? —or simply because it was her's?.

She continued her work and Taeyeon gave his hands to mother in-law.

The latter snatched Taeyeon's hands away. "This is woman's job, you should not do this. Go watching television or something" 

"But, I want to help you and there is nothing on television, so just let me help you" he insisted. Shaking her head, the widow woman replied "Tiffany is so lucky to have you as husband". Taeyeon pulls out a smile.

"I know Tiffany is stubborn and looks tough but deep inside she is fragile and moreover her father just die, please bear with her" the  mother in-law continued and sat on the chair next to Taeyeon.

"I will" he breathe quietly but audible.

"I believe you can do it, you've been put up with her for almost 5 years during high school, I have faith in you" She tapped Taeyeon's shoulder lightly.

I was almost give up with her back then, her words sting so hard that the memories was still vivid. If time could change her, I'm willing to wait— heart, please be strong. We have a long journey ahead.

 

 

 ◆◆◆