09 : Heartless

The Greatest Man

◆◆◆

 

A few of vehicle such as SUV black, and superbike followed him so close from behind. It was a neck to neck fight and really nervewrecking.

He turned his face to the back as he grab the handle firmly.

"Oh my god! This is so fun! Come on. Catch me if you can" he slowed down the pace to let the chaser saw he stuck his tongue out.

"Stupid! Press the pedal hard! We almost get him" shouted their leader.

The black SUV was getting closer to the man's blue superbike. The driver turned the steering to the left, causing the rider in the front a little shaky as the back of wheel got hit by the car.

"! They are so wild! Woohoo!" He shrieked loudly.

He increased the pace and playfully took over the road not letting the chaser pass him. 

"Yahh! Hit him!" The leader saw the man was enjoying the situation.

"Stupid henchmen! Only have big body but couldn't even hit him. Let me drive" said the man who had a scary scar on his face.

The city routed had been passed as they chase that crazy man and now they finally had reach the end of the road.

The crazy man panicked. "Think fast! Think fast!" He chanted in his mind as he scanned the area. Fortunately, there was a building of café and he ran to the door before the chaser caught him.

He breathe with a relief as he entered the premises. "That was so close" he wiped his sweat off and walked to the unoccupied table. As he passed the tables, his eyes caught that one sight—a pretty brunette.

She looks so beautiful, maybe I could try her.

"Hey girl" he called in a flirt tone.

The latter looked up and didn't react right away as she busy scrolling her phone.

"You looks familiar" the man sat down in the opposite seat withot permission.

"Me? Looks familiar? I don't think we have meet before" the brunette raised her brows.

"Yes, you looks like my future wife" the man bit his bottom lips happily.

The crazy and flirty man, Kwon Yuri shamelessly tried to woo the latter.

"You are crazy. You can leave my table" 

Yuri was taken back at that remark.

"Yes, I'm crazy with how beautiful you are" he pulled out another flirty smile. The girl just simply making face causing the latter laugh out loud.

"Sorry. I was just kidding but really you looks like my old schoolmate" Yuri tried to think and remember the old memories way back at school.

"I don't know or remember you. If you don't want to leave, then I will" the brunette stood up and ready to walk away but stopped when Yuri hold her wrist.

"No. You can sit down, I will leave but you really don't remember me?"

Finally, Yul remember the brunette. It was indeed his schoolmate.

"Thanks. Yes I'm sure." She said with a confident as she sipped her Americano drink.

"I'm Yuri. Kwon Yuri. Remember? Soshi High School?" Yuri asked for the last time.

"Yuri?" Hmm" the beautiful woman tried to wrecking, peeling and digging her memories.

"Ahhh. Kwon Yuri? The basketball captain? ah yes. I remember now" she looked happy.

"Yes yes. It's Kwon Yuri. How are you Tiffany? You still look as hot as before" Yuri grinned evilly.

So this is my sister in-law.

"I'm doing good. Thanks. You are still like before, flirt while you can" she giggled as she recalled the old memories.

"Of course, I'm Kwon Yuri. What are you doing right now? Engaged? Or Married?" Yuri asked the question purposely.

"I just arrived here last month and try to find job but unluckily it was harder than I thought. I'm currently work as a part-time worker at the club nearby" she just ignored the last question related her love life—she was not ready to talk about it.

"Oh I see. I thought you were gonna be a lawyer? You were so confident back then" It's been so long since they met and his family didn't told anything about Tiffany—well, of course. He had not going home often.

Tiffany rubbed the back of her neck as she she shyly said "I was, but some circumstance happened and destroy everything" suddenly an image of Taeyeon appear and she swear she was gonna curse when she remember she is still his wife—officially.

"Oh really. That is too bad" Yuri sympathy with his old friend.

"And that is why I'm here"

"Be strong okay" Yuri sincerely said.

"Ahaa! what happen to Jessica? That b*tch" Tiffany asked out of the blue.

"Haish, why would you even ask? Ugh" Yuri muttered under his breath. He knew Tiffany was gonna ask this million dolar question.

"Why? You two broke up? Really? I thought you were serious about her? What happen? She cheated?" Tiffany was secretly hoping the reason was the last question. She giggled in her heart as she imagine it.

"No" Her hope crushed. "We kind of fight last month and I run away to here" Yuri explained with a flat tone.

"What? Oh my god Yul. That is too much. Have you two make up?" She asked with a concern.

"No. We don't even contacts each other. I guess this is what she want, beside she is still in love with Taeyeon. You remember him right?"

Tiffany nodded slowly.

Yuri had always known Jessica is always has feelings for Taeyeon and secretly wish Taeyeon would open his heart for her someday. And about the job and money matter were just some kind of excuses for her not to marry Yuri. He had always known but his stupid heart was so stubborn and still want her.

Tiffany's leather LV handbag vibrated and she stuffed her hand inside to find her phone. She answered the call.

"Hello"

"Oh okay"

"What time" Tiffany glances at her wrist.

"Give me 10 minutes"

"Yeah"

"Don't worry"

"Okay, see you later" She hanged up the phone and turned her face to the latter in front.

"Sorry Yul, I have to go"

"Where to? I will bring you there"

"It's okay. I can take the taxi"

"No no, it's fine. I'm kind of bored right now."

"Okay then, to the hospital"

Tiffany received a call from her aunt in the hospital. Her aunt had been hospitalized due to overwork. She asked Tiffany to pick her up after doctors give permission to go home.

 

 ◆◆◆

 

Seohyun pushed the wheelchair to her family's backyard. She stopped the wheelchair and lock it before she settled down on the bench.

Taeyeon who was on the wheelchair said. "I can always back home, it's just for a month or so" Seohyun stared at her feet. Didn't know how to react, of course she wants her brother to heal but the other side of her heart wants her brother to stay here. She just want to spend her time with her favorite brother before she start working in the Japan as musical performer. Seohyun had always invest her interest in the musical—now that the chance is just in front of her eyes she would never let it go.

"But, even if you come back home, I will probably busy in Japan" she pouted and fiddle her fingers.

"I promise. We will meet. Even if you are in Japan. I will fly to you" he pulled out a cute smile. Seohyun giggled because Taeyeon was facing the tree.

"Who are you talking to Oppa? I'm here" She tried to hold her laugh. Taeyeon perked his ears and find the person based on the voice sound and when he finally found his sister, he patted her thighs hard. Thus, Seohyun let out a soft whimpers.

"Stop it. I'm serious here"

"Okay okay. Remember you have promise me Oppa."

 

◆◆◆◆

 

"Are you ready, Taeng?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yes, never been so sure before" Taeyeon answered firmly.

They were already arrived in the California—where the specialist was placed here.

"You have to treat your eyes first before anything"

"I know, I'm not gonna do stupid thing. My eyes are top priorities right now"

And Tiffany, we gonna meet soon—thought Taeyeon.

Sooyoung eyed his best friend suspiciously.

Maybe he is being honest—said Sooyoung in his mind after hearing Taeyeon's sentence.

 

◆◆◆

 

"Wait here, I'm going to check our appointment first" Sooyoung said as he guide Taeyeon to sit down.

"Okay" Taeyeon obediently listen to Sooyoung.

He waited for 5 minutes alone at the corner when suddenly a female voice was heard.

"Where is ward number 32?" the voice was familiar to his ears.

"She is already checked out? When?"

"Just a moment ago" another voice that Taeyeon believe was nurse replied.

"Oh really? Thanks" 

Taeyeon was silently overheard the conversation as there was nothing else he could do other than sitting down.

"Ms. Tiffany. Sorry, it was another patient, your aunt is still in her ward. You can go the  3rd floor" informed the nurse.

Taeyeon's ears jolted up at the name being called.

Tiffany ?

The poor blind man quickly grabbed his stick and go to the counter before Tiffany walked away. The sound of the metal stick being hit on the floor caused an annoying sound for others—but the blind man didn't care as he increased his pace and marched to the woman.

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon called out and touched the woman's back.

"What the hell" Tiffany turned her back and her body suddenly went numb followed with her eyes getting widen.

"It's you right? Tiffany?! Oh my god finally I found you! I miss you so much!" Taeyeon said it really loud and people were watching them.

Getting embarassed in this situation, Tiffany pushed Taeyeon down and let the blind man landed on his .

"Don't touch me. You mistake me as the wrong person! I don't know you! Go away!" She could hear Taeyeon was squirming in pain and the bottom of heart suddenly feel guilty.

Did I push him too hard? What should I do?— Tiffany panicked.

The unexpected encounter with Taeyeon in the Hospital was probably the least she could think of but an encounter with the blind Taeyeon is a big no. What had happened to him? Why he is blind? Why he is here? Why would we even crossed the road together ? —there was too much questions playing in her mind but all she could do was push Taeyeon instead of talk nicely?.

After dealing with his pain, Taeyeon get up and stood in front of Tiffany's face. He was not so tall but not so short and he was equally the same height as Tiffany's but a little tall by 5cm.

His perfect face structure, round and big eyes, pointy nose, thin lips and there was some hair growing on his sharp jawline could be seen from Tiffany's sight.

"Tiffany. I know it's you. I'm Taeyeon. Remember? Your husband. Don't be like this, I'm hurt enough by your action and now you don't even remember me?. Look at my face, this face!" Taeyeon searched Tiffany's hand and placed it on his face.

"Touch it. Remember? You remember it right? I know you know me" his tears slowly dropped on his cheeks and Tiffany could feel the tears could not flowing down as her hand blocking the way. Tiffany was speechless.

"Sorry" Eventhough the sight was so painful and heartbreaking, her ego was really high and she didn't dare to admit this man, this blind guy in front of her, that Taeyeon is her husband. She had enough. She pulled her hand away from Taeyeon's tight hold and ran away to the outside.

Taeyeon was shook and he blindly run along, he was even hitting chair, people and whatever it is that blocking his way.

"Tiffany stop!" Taeyeon shouted at the top of his lung, not wanting to let Tiffany go.

He ran blindly and finally kiss the street when he tripped over something.

He cried so hard. His heart was suffering a terrible pain—a pain that could not describe in a word. His heart started to shrink so hard.

"Why ...? What did I do to deserve such a pain?.. I know you hate me..but..how dare you do this to me?. Am I really this low to you?. Am I really this worthless to you? Is there no place anymore in your heart for me? I keep pray that one day, you will love me , you will treat me right but why you are so heartless. I guess I should try harder." Taeyeon said to nobody.

 

◆◆◆