16 : Lean on me

The Greatest Man

*****

 

 

"Taeyeon~ I feel like I'm dying." A sick girl whined to the person next to her in the bed.

"Nonsense, it's just a light fever. You will be fine soon." Taeyeon soothed the sick girl and massaged her head lovingly.

"My head is spinning like crazy. Why does it hurt?" She pouted.

 

Recently, Tiffany had fallen sick and couldn't even get her off the bed for 2 days. For such an energetic woman that rarely fall sick like her, this whole new level of sickness was incredible and unbearable.

 

And for the past few days, Taeyeon, been a loving husband he was, had to leave his work for a moment. Taeyeon, the professional baker of the city, had succesfully open his own bakery shop. The business might be small but the profit from it was more than enough for Taeyeon –but that was before he got married. After Tiffany finally went back home with him, he had to work overtime due to his wife's big expenses that made the poor man almost fall sick but instead of him, his wife ended up sick. How weird, she had done nothing but 'abusing' her husband in this past months but eventually got a fever.

 

"Here, touch this," Tiffany brought Taeyeon's hand to her forehead and placed his palm on it. "It's so hot. I think I'm gonna die. I don't wanna die Taeyeon. Help me." She looked at Taeyeon with a sad face and pouted.

"What are you talking. It's not that hot. Now open your mouth if you don't want to die," Taeyeon took the spoon that full of porridge in it and feed the sick girl. "You have to eat so that you've energy to get up." Taeyeon insisted.

"No, I don't want it." Tiffany shook her head side to side like a kid.

"So, you want to lie on bed for another weeks or what?" Taeyeon purposely hit the jackpot.

"Of course not. I'm so sick with this bed. Let's go out after I've recover." Tiffany said and tucking the hem of Taeyeon's t-shirt in hand.

"I promise, now eat this and don't forget to take the meds also." Taeyeon pulled out his pinky finger and Tiffany gladly tie their fingers.

 

 

Well, Taeyeon is not that bad. He's so kind.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

"Where are you going?" asked Taeyeon who sat comfortably on the couch. As he wondered where would the woman at the doorstep going in the middle of night.

"Bora called me." Tiffany said shortly before she slid her 7 inch high heels and pulled out a mirror from her purse for a final check on her looks.

"At night? What does she want?" Taeyeon stood on his feet and went to Tiffany's side.

"Girls talk."

"It's late. Why don't you meet her tomorrow?" Taeyeon suggested. It was dangerous for a girl to go out at night and Taeyeon being a homebody like always he prefer to stay home all the time.

"No, I'm afraid I can't. She's already at the parking lot waiting for me." Taeyeon scanned from Tiffany's head to toes sharply like a tiger hunting it's prey hungrily.

"What are you doing. Stop eyeing me like that." Tiffany snapped Taeyeon from his tense gaze. She could feel Taeyeon wasn't going to like the idea she was about to hit the club.

"Go change your outfits. I don't like it." Tiffany was wearing a red tight dress that end just enough to cover her and barely could cover her thick thighs. With a red lipstick and sweet fragrances , anybody could sense what she's up to but Taeyeon doubt it because he believe his wife.

"I'm not changing. Stop telling me this and that." Tiffany glared at Taeyeon.

"I'm not allowing you to go out in this dress unless you change." Taeyeon rushed to the doorstep and blocked Tiffany from surpassing him.

"Move aside." Tiffany said firmly but Taeyeon was nowhere to move.

"You are planning to go to the club, aren't you? How many time do I have to tell you, stop go to the club, it's not healthy." Taeyeon said nicely as he maintained his position and expression. As usual, Taeyeon was really patient and reasonable with Tiffany that made the woman almost lost her words. But no, Tiffany Hwang was a lawyer and a lawyer never lose in debating.

"I never said I'm going there. I'm going to meet Bora." With Taeyeon, Tiffany lost her touch in debating sometimes.

"I'm coming too. Wait here, I'm going to change."

"What?! No. Just stay at home."

"That's it. Either you stay or I'm following. You chose."

"Ugh Taeyeon. Stop being annoying. Move or I'm going to kick you." She tried to look mad but failed, not in front of Taeyeon.

"Try me." Tiffany was on the verge to smash Taeyeon's head so hard against the floor and cut his skin alive.

Tiffany's eyes started become darker as she looked at Taeyeon. "Let me out, you idiot!" Tiffany stepped on Taeyeon's feet really hard with her high heels.

Taeyeon winced in pain and quickly blow some air to the red skin. "Ouch!" He shrieked loudly.

Tiffany watched the latter loose his guard on the door and busy with his feet. A chance was in front of her eyes. Tiffany fastly marched to the door and opened it before Taeyeon could stop her. "See you later, stupid!"

"TIFFANY!!" Taeyeon screamed, he didn't know how he could scream that loud, maybe the pain was effecting him real hard.

Tiffany just laughed and hop into Bora's car before drifted away.

 

 

*****

 

 

"One more glass, please." Tiffany tapped the glass on the table a few times.

"Tiffany, I think that is enough. You have drink too much tonight." A male voice spoke up and stopped the latter.

"Nickhun..Nickhun, come on. It's not like I could come here everyday." Tiffany raised her glass and bang their glass together.

 

Nickhun, Her ex-boyfriend she just met a few hours ago at the club. Their relationship ended 2 years ago and Tiffany completely had move on for good. They were such lovely couple, but one day Tiffany caught Nickhun cheating behind her and since that day she close her heart, afraid to get hurt again. And not to mention, how he used her father's money until they had to rolled the company and how her father died because of it.

 

 

While Tiffany enjoyed her drink with Bora— after her successful escape from Taeyeon, Nickhun popped out from nowhere, trying to join the group but Tiffany strongly rejected it. Eventhough Tiffany had forced him to leave them alone but the stubborn guy wouldn't listen.

"Tiffany.. I still love you." Tiffany's ears jolted up from the words and she stared at the man unhappy.

"You..love me? You bastard!" Tiffany shouted angrily.

"I know it's my fault. Please forgive me." His eyes suddenly became sincere.

"How dare you show that dirty face of yours to me again! Don't you have shame? This jerk!" Tiffany got off the seat and stumbled slightly on her way to the main entrance.

"Tiff! Stop. Don't avoid me!" He hurriedly took his belongings on the table before running to Tiffany.

Tiffany exited the club and walked a few steps on the small street. A gang of drunk people could be seen across the street and it was really gross to see a drunk couple make out in that state. Tiffany saw a man coming to her direction.

With a short breath he took in. "Stop, Tiffany." He held her arms.

"Let me go. Don't you ever touch me." Warned Tiffany.

"Okay fine," He released his grip and locked his gaze with Tiffany's. "Listen, I know I was wrong but don't you think I deserve a chance. I will do anything, anything for you baby, just say it."

Anything? Hmm.

"You are a liar. How could I believe you? and I doubt it you will do anything for me." Tiffany challenged him.

"Yes I am. I'm willing to do everything for you. I can't take you out of my mind since you left me. Please give me a chance, please give us another chance." He kneeled down and pleaded.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Taeyeon!" Taeyeon startled and turned his head to the back.

"What are you doing there?" Taeyeon asked the woman who was sitting under the table.

"Watching you baking? You look so cool! I love it!" Ailee shrieked like a little girl as her eyes focused on Taeyeon's cake. It looked tempting.

"Of course I am. But make sure you don't fall for me." Taeyeon playfully said before continuing his work. He was in the midst of baking a cake that specially made for a wedding. The 3-floor cake was decorated with a ribbon and a couple doll on top look more cute than anything.

Ailee rolled her eyes to the back. "Don't flatter yourself Taeyeon," He giggled at the marks. "Can I have a taste?" Ailee said cutely and tug his apron. Whenever Ailee had free time, she would come to the shop and visiting Taeyeon.

"No. You have to order first at the counter." He pinched Ailee's chubby cheek.

"But I want you to bake it for me." Ailee wriggled her brows.

"Well, you have to pay a lot for that? Are you sure you have money?" Taeyeon cheekily replied. He always tease the latter because everytime they went out Taeyeon was the one who would pay for them.

"Taeyeon! So mean. Don't talk to me anymore!" The not so angry woman crossed her arms on her chest and puffed her cheeks.

"Stop sulking." Taeyeon took his index finger that full of flour on Ailee's cheeks which earn her fury side to light up.

"Yahhh! You ruin my make up." Ailee pulled out  a small mirror that she always put on her handbag to check her face and angrily hit Taeyeon's body multiple times that made him laughs like maniac before someone meddle in.

"What are you doing?!" A familiar husky female voice spoke up, sounded rather unpleasant at the sight.

Taeyeon stop laughing and straighten his clothes. "Oh, Tiffany. What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

"Can't I visit my husband?" The latter raised one of her brows with her lips slightly went forward.

"Of course you can. So what is the occasion? I thought you hate a baker?" Taeyeon walked to Tiffany's side and lovingly caressed her cheeks with his warm palms.

Ailee who was there, awkwardly watched the scene. "Okay Taeyeon, I think I'm going to order the cake at the counter. See you when I see you." She hurriedly left the married couple.

"Okay, don't forget to pay!" He shouted as the awkward woman walk fastly to the front door.

Taeyeon turned his focus to his wife back. "Let's sit." He gestured Tiffany to the nearby chair.

Tiffany landed her and squinted her eyes dangerously at the latter. Just by the looks, Taeyeon could sense Tiffany wasn't happy when he hang out with Ailee. Tiffany kept complaining how much she dislike about Taeyeon and Ailee friendship that was really close, not to mention the skinship since she left the hospital. Who didn't get mad when your toys or man was being molest by others? Tiffany wasn't an exception. Eventhough, she didn't love him but she was possessive about her belongings.

"We are just friend, you should know that." Taeyeon pressed his thumb on the back of Tiffany's hand.

"I know but it seems like she likes you and I don't like that."

"My baby~ why with that long face? You looks ugly." He closed the gap between them and lean closer to Tiffany's face.

"Let it be." She took her hand out and shoved Taeyeon's handsome face away.

He smiled and once again lean back. "Are you..jealous? Didn't know Tiffany Hwang could get jealous?"

Tiffany snorted angrily. "I'm not. Stop flattering. I don't even like you! Let alone be jealous. Keep dreaming." Her tone had no sign of joke with rather a matter of fact and Taeyeon just bitterly swallow the words as he keep a straight face on.

"Okay I get it. So have you eat? Let's have lunch outside," Tiffany shook her head. "Then, what are you going to do now?" Taeyeon took off his apron and begin wrapping his work.

"I already eat the breakfast you prepare this morning and I'm still full." Tiffany paused and walked behind Taeyeon. "I'm bored at home. I was so used with you at home when you take care of me when I was so sick. I miss your presence."

You better buy my words, idiot.

Taeyeon was shock at the sudden confession and he never expected Tiffany to miss him. But what made him gasped so hard was how bold Tiffany wrapped her slim arms around his waist. It was funny watching how hard Taeyeon tried to maintain his expression. And Taeyeon know better, that it was just another spontaneous skinship that Tiffany always initiated.

"O–okay, let's take a stroll around here."

"Hmm, good idea. Let's go."

 

 

 

*****