13 : Get her back

The Greatest Man

*****

 

It's been a month after his surgery and luckily it went smooth. Dr. Helter was happy to announce that Taeyeon could go home and he can continued his further therapy and weekly check-ups in Korea without problem. The professional Ophthalmologist also informed that his eyes were doing well and nothing to be worry about. 

 

Taeyeon pulled out a silly smile on his face as his head was facing the car window—mesmerizing the beauty of NYC, the busiest city in the world. His eyes were now scanning the crowd street as a lot of couple could be seen holding each other hand and being clingy without hesitation in public—how he wish he could be like that. He never know how beautiful is this life; to be loved and loving another human being, he never know cause he gave all of his heart to that certain woman—his wife, Tiffany Hwang who didn't even love him.

 

Speaking of the devil, Tiffany Hwang, the-so-called-perfect-woman in his eyes was so snobbish. The woman didn't even bother to call or text Taeyeon or specificially her husband. Eventhough, she know Taeyeon was blind, she still playing cool and keep her ego up. She didn't even like a single bit an idea of her and Taeyeon getting married—it was stupid and unlogical for her.

 

 

However, Tiffany was in her worst dilemma in her life ever when she had to decide wheter to leave her aunt's house because she don't want to burden her or go back to Taeyeon —in summary a hell. She felt like Taeyeon is not her soulmate, well she just know that. Tiffany was an adult woman with a believe of her prince charming would pop-up and they would live happily ever after. Yes, it was stupid and she didn't care. Tiffany Hwang, the overconfident woman believe she could get a better guy than Taeyeon, her father's choice.

 

The black car that had driven Taeyeon and Sooyoung around in the city finally make it stop— near the downtown club. Sooyoung kept insisting Taeyeon to go to the club and have some fun but Taeyeon being a good man, kindly rejected it. After much punches, kickes and bruises they gave and got from each other, in the end Taeyeon had to give up and listen to Sooyoung.

 

After almost 2 months in the States, it was their last night in the New York City, where all the hot and y girl hanging around. For Sooyoung, he would never let this chance to get under a white girl's skirt slip. Never. Taeyeon sighed at his erted friend.

 

"Is this necessary?" asked Taeyeon to his best friend.

"Of course dude! This is one in a million chance!" replied Sooyoung as his tone slightly high.

"I don't think so. You can go by your own without me though." said Taeyeon with an awkward smile in his face as he showed it to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung chuckled. "You are so cute, did you know that Taeng?"

A male bartender went to the counter and poured some strong liquid in Sooyoung's glass.

"Please pour some too on my buddy's glass." said Sooyoung politely as he tapped Taeyeon's shoulder. The male bartender nodded and held the small glass in hand.

 Taeyeon stopped his action. "No. It's okay. Juice is fine with me."

"Come on Taeng, let loose tonight." Sooyoung wriggled his brows cheekily and took a sip of his glass in full shot straight into his mouth. The strong liquid begun to burn his throat.

Taeyeon shook his head. "No no. I'm fine. I want to live longer." He playfully said.

"You can't be like this! Come on, drink with me." Sooyoung took another shot.

Taeyeon drank his apple juice and just watching Sooyoung took his 4th glass tonight.

"I really think you should forget Tiffany. Just let her go. Don't ever think I don't know what you think. You can lie to your mom or anyone but to me, you can't. I know you better." Sooyoung said thoughtfully and eyed the latter.

Taeyeon was speechless. He had no idea Sooyoung would know that but who he thought he playing with? Sooyoug was unpredictable.

"I know what I'm doing" Taeyeon turned his head another way, not facing Sooyoung.

"She is going to hurt you."

Suddenly, a hot girl sat beside Sooyoung and the corner of his eyes caught the girl winked suddectively to him. The man gulped his saliva nervously. Yes, he was ready.

"I can bear with it." 

"Okay, whatever you say." Sooyoung still had his gaze on the girl. "I've got a partner. You should too. Talk to you later." He beamed a erted smile and turned to face the girl.

 

~

 

Now that Sooyoung had left him alone in the club, the poor guy absolutely had no idea what he should do. Taeyeon just kept drinking his juice and looking around the club and his eyes stopped at the center of the club— a dance floor. There was so much people in the area and he really dislike a crowd place. He glanced over his shoulders to look after his bestfriend, but shock when they were literally making out in the hallway that was next to the counter.

 

"Alone?" The male bartender that served him before spoke up.

"Well, I guess?" Taeyeon shrugged his shoulder off.

"Do you need company?" He leaned his body to the front and whispered to Taeyeon's ear.

Taeyeon could feel all of his hair were standing and frozen. He retreated his posture to the back and awkwardly combed his hair using his fingertips.

"Not that way." He said politely.

Taeyeon exhaled and inhaled slowly as his heart beating in a fast pace. Wow. He didn't expected that.

"Mark! Stop flirting around. Do your work." A female voice shouted.

"Why! He's so cute and have no company. Come on girl" He replied back.

Immediately, the owner of the voice walked to Mark the bartender.

"Go help Roy over there, he need hands. Go go go." She pushed Mark aside and looked at the man in the front who was busy playing with his fingers.

"Sorry about that." She apologized ang showed her eye-smile.

"It's okay. It just a small matter." He said without looking up.

The woman frowned her brows and she sighed. Just another unfriendly customer, take it easy. She turned her body and started to arranged the glasses at the board.

Taeyeon was bored so he lazily let his index finger dancing on the lips of his glass. His drink was already half-drank and he didn't bother to refill it. Unconsciously, his mind drifted to that certain person. What would Tiffany be doing huh? Is she fine? Did she eat well? Why I couldn't forget her? Why it was so difficult to let her go? Taeyeon himself, couldn't find the answer.

"Give me champagne please." Finally, Taeyeon made a decision. Let just loose tonight. Maybe he would stop thinking about Tiffany for a while.

The woman took a bottle of champagne and and gave the bottle to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon lifted his head and looked the woman's face.

"Ti.. tiff...fany?" He stuttered and suddenly he stop breathing like a death angel had taken his life away.

"Taeyeon?" To say that she was confused was an understatement. Wasn't Taeyeon blind? Then what was he doing here with a perfect eyes?.

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

"I should be the one asking you, What Are You Doing Here?" Tiffany didn't looked please at all.

"Drinking?" He lifted the glass up.

"I know, aren't you blind?"

Taeyeon huffed. He hate to recalled that one ugly phase.

"Are you lying to me?" Technically, Taeyeon didn't but she had a betrayed feeling bottling up inside.

"What? Lying? When? I didn't remember anything?" Taeyeon looked confused and massaged his suddenly-aching head.

Tiffany snorted angrily.

 

~

 

The cold wind vigorously slapped his precious body. The weather was slightly dropped to the lowest temperature in the week. With a sweatshirt and jeans, Taeyeon stood outside a big mansion and his arms roughly roamed around his body—trying to stay warm. It had been an hour and he stood still in that position, waiting to talk to that certain woman who he had meet from the club early.

 

Tiffany emerged into her bedroom and shut the door off. She headed to her window and fiercely pulled the curtain aside and squinted her eyes sharply at the awaiting person outside. He was such a burdensome. He should just go and comeback in the morning instead of waiting in the cold night.

 

With a heavy steps, Tiffany went to the bathroom to take a hot shower and left the man outside alone in the dark cold night. Maybe Taeyeon would leave if he was tired and done with her. After 30 minutes in the tub, Tiffany finally done with her needs and straight to her pink bed and snuggled comfortably under the warm duvet but not before she took a look outside—Taeyeon was still standing there.

 

Meanwhile Taeyeon, who was outside the gate still struggled to keep his body warm as the weather suddenly dropped. Mindlessly, he wander around the big mansion. So, this was where Tiffany live—but with who? He just shrugged it off and stay outside doing nothing. He took a glance over his watch and his eyes bulged out when the needle showed it  was 6:30 in the morning and the cloud above his head was slowly change to a bright colour. He tried numerous time to talk to Tiffany but the woman just ignored his existence since the last conversation they had back in the club.

 

With he realized, out if the corner of his eyes, there was someone on the way to Taeyeon's direction. That person looked a little bit old with a fine figure and a bob-styled hair.

"Hello, may I help you?" The middle-aged woman asked politely as she approached the man.

"Oh-h-hello. I'm Taeyeon. I want to meet Tiffany." He stuttered to open his lips due to the sudden greet and cold temperature.

Taeyeon. The middle-aged woman with a bob-styled hair let her mind to wondering around, trying to recalled the familiar name. Aha! It's Tiffany's husband.

"Oh Taeyeon, come in. Let's talk inside. It's cold here." The friendly ahjumma said.

"Ye—yes."

She clicked the remote's button in her hand to let the big graceful gate opened and allowed the man outside to enter the plain concrete-floor.

"Sit down. Make yourself comfortable." She said in a soft tone and sat down apposite Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled charmingly. "Thank you."

"Why didn't you ring the bell?" Have you been standing there?" The middle-aged woman asked curiously.

"I don't want to disturb. And yes I've been waiting for Tiffany."

The not-so-old woman just shook her head unpleasantly to her niece's behaviours. How could Tiffany left him outside waiting for her in the morning?.

"Do you want a drink? Tea or Coffee?" 

Standing in the cold obviously made his body frozen and maybe a hot drink would be a bless.

"Tea is fine." He pulled out a smile.

The owner of the house signaled her maid to come out and told her to make a drink for the guest.

"Wait here. I'm going to wake Tiffany up first." 

She dashed off the stairs and wore a dissapointed look in her face.

Tiffany's aunt knocked on her door multiple times and the door swinged open with a sleepy face popped up.

"Wash up quickly. Come down in a minute. I'm waiting." Her aunt said with an emotion and left her stood there.

She exhaled her breathe and climbed down the stairs.

It would be a lie if Taeyeon was not feeling weird or strange about the ahjumma he just met a few minutes ago. She was friendly and kind to him. Who was she? This was the first time they meet.

"She will come down in a minute. Sorry to keep you waiting." She headed to her seat and landed her on the soft couch.

 

"It's okay." Taeyeon said politely.

"Oh by the way, I'm Tiffany's aunt. You can call me Aunty Kate."

"Tiffany's aunt?" Oh ! He didn't see this coming. "I'm Taeyeon. Tiffany's husband." He bowed.

"Ah yes yes. I know it. Sorry I couldn't appear on your wedding. I heard a lot about you." Taeyeon was sweating so hard. He need to have a good impression from Tiffany's family. What would her aunt think about him? In this sweatshirt with a messy hair, stinky body? And all? He should wear a suit or maybe sweet fragrance. He hope her aunt just hear a good stuff about him.

"Don't worry, I heard you are a good man." Finally, he could breathe normally.

"No, I'm not." Taeyeon replied with a blush on his cheeks.

"Tiffany should treat you better." She said seriously.

"No. I'm the one who should treat her better. If I take a good care of her she would not leave me." Taeyeon hanged his head low, feeling ashamed of himself.

"It's my fault. If I didn't courage her to come here she wouldn't leave you. I didn't know she want to live here and leave you. I thought you have talk to her but I guess not?" 

"Yes." He replied shortly. He didn't know how to react.

"I know she is stubborn, arrogant, selfish and all but she has a kind heart. Please bear with her." The middle-aged woman told him in a motherly way.

"I know. That is why we need to talk." 

Tiffany climbed down the stairs and walked to the living room— where her aunty at and she saw the back of a man. Taeyeon?.

"What it is aunty? Can we talk later? I need my sleep." said Tiffany as she sat down beside her aunt and her eyes widen when she saw Taeyeon sitting across the seat.

"What are you doing here? Go away." Tiffany continued and eyed the latter.

Aunty Kate pinched Tiffany's thigh. "Manners, Tiffany. He's your husband."

"For you, he is. But not for me. Sorry not sorry" Tiffany said nonchalantly and ran her fingers through her smooth hair.

Taeyeon was taken back at her marks. How dare she say it in front of her husband and her aunt? Didn't she care about his feelings? Did she really hate him that much?

"Tiffany." Aunty Kate hissed. "Behave, Tiffany. I didn't teach you that. Am I?." That made Tiffany stopped before she added more.

"I will leave you guys here to talk." Aunty Kate said and stood up. "Tiffany," she turned her head to look at Tiffany. "Remember what I said in the hospital? Do it." Tiffany just half-heartedly nodded. Should she listen to her?.

Tiffany watched her aunt disappear to another room and when her aunt was lost from her sight, she spoke up. "Follow me."

Tiffany stood up and marched to the stairs. Taeyeon slowly followed her close behind without utter a single word. He was ready. He wanted to claim what was his and he was willing to drag Tiffany if that is the only way.

 

Tiffany landed her puffy on the bed let Taeyeon stood there at the doorstep, looking rather stiffened.

"What are you doing? Come in." said Tiffany.

"Do we need to talk in your room?" Taeyeon finally found his voice and spoke up.

"Just come in or no talk and you can get lost."

Her tone sounded serious and it made Taeyeon alerted and immediately enter and close the door. Taeyeon awkwardly stood still in his position without moving, afraid Tiffany would be mad.

"Go sit on the couch, you stupid." Tiffany pointed at the couch beside Taeyeon near the door.

"Now, talk. I need my sleep." She put the back of her hand against as she yawned due to the lack of sleep because of her job last night. Taeyeon was stoned for a moment, Tiffany was so cute yawning like that—her eyes half-open.

"I will come back to Korea tonight." He began.

"And I want you to follow me."

"What!" Her eyes shot open, her sleepiness suddenly gone.

"You heard me."

"I know. But why? I don't want to follow you."

"How long do you want to live with your aunt and working in the club?" He paused. "I can take care of you."

"That is none of your concern. I will work hard."

"It is. You are my wife. I wil not let you working your off." 

"Just..let me go. It's not that hard. You hear that? I hate you. I don't want to be your wife."

"No. Come with me. I will find a way to get your licence and job back."

"You don't have to trouble yourself. I'm okay living like this."

"Don't lie. I know you are suffering. Please give me a chance to make you happy. Please." 

Taeyeon walked to Tiffany's bed and sat on the edge. "I promise I will make you happy." He reached for her hand and held it tightly.

 

Tiffany didn't pulled away nor stay quiet. She remembered her aunt once told her to give Taeyeon a chance and start a new life with him. Of course, her aunt didn't bothered to have her in the house, but she felt she should stop relying on her aunt. Taeyeon wasn't a bad man either, he looked determined to take care of me. Maybe living with him wouldn't be as bad as she imagine. Maybe she should give him a chance.

 

"My flight is at 10. You can come at 6. Come if you want to follow me, I will wait." Taeyeon released her hands and the warmth slowly gone.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Finally, Taeyeon went back to his hotel and entered the room that he share with Sooyoung for the past months. He could see that Sooyoung dead was lying tiredly on the bed.

"Yo!" Taeyeon startled the lanky body.

Sooyoung groaned annoyingly as he rubbed his eyes. "What the , Taeyeon."

"Wake up! It's 1pm and we have to get a lunch and pack our bags!" Taeyeon picked up his towel and remove his clothes away as he open the bathroom to shower.

He took his phone out of his pocket and glanced, it was indeed 1pm almost 2!.

"No wonder I'm feeling really hungry." He said to himself.

"Taeyeon, where did you go just now? Did you sleep with some hot chicks?" Sooyoung shouted outside the bathroom.

"What the hell Sooyoung! Stop thinking wild things. I went to Tiffany's house." Sooyoung stop whatever he was doing and striaghtened his back up.

"You met her? When? What did you say?"

"It's a secret!" Taeyeon replied and the conversation died.

 

~

 

 

"Taeng! Did you see my boxer? The green one I've always wear." Sooyoung asked as he harshly thrown everything in the hotel's closet.

"Oh my god Sooyoung. Do you think I'm your mom? I don't always looking at you boxer."

"Taeyeon, help!"

"Find yourself."

"Please, I have tons of thing to pack. Help me"

"Just leave it"

"No. It's my favourite."

"Then, you can search for it and missed our flight. Hurry up. We need to arrive early." Taeyeon sighed. Not because of Sooyoung but he was anxious, would Tiffany come along?.

 

~

 

 

The night view of airport was so beautiful and luckily the lobby was not too crowd or else, Taeyeon would puke out because he couldn't stand people. Taeyeon just shook his head disapprovingly at his bestfriend's antic. Sooyoung wouldn't even talk to him ever since Taeyeon refused to look for his boxer.

 

Taeyeon stared at the big clocks hanging at the wall of the building. It was almost 8 but Tiffany was nowhere to be seen. His heart thumped louder every second as he wait for Tiffany. He really hope Tiffany would follow him.

 

One of the reason he came to the States was for Tiffany and get her back. He swear with his own hand, he would come back alongside with him. He just want to see Tiffany everyday to make sure that she is alright because he had promise to her father.

 

With a heavy breath she inhaled, she yelled from the far.

"Taeyeon!!. Help me." shouted the clumsy woman who was struggle with her luggages.

Taeyeon turned his head to the back and grinned so hard that the corner of his lips almost reach his ear. She came.

"Hold on a second." Taeyeon said to Sooyoung and marched to Tiffany. Sooyoung was heela confused.

"You came." He stood as their eyes locked.

"Yes, now it's your fault I'm late. You should've told me earlier. I got lots of bags. Now lift them all." Those big brown eyes and blonde hair undoubtedly looked so peaceful and handsome. She shook her head and adjusted her LV handbag before she left Taeyeon with her heavy luggages.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 


#FV