10 : Healing

The Greatest Man

 

 ◆◆◆

 

"Thank you Dr. Helter" Sooyoung stood up and shook hands firmly. He just finished making the appointment and Taeyeon would undergo the surgery next week. He really gave all his hope for Taeyeon's surgery to do well.

Sooyoung walked out of the room and headed back to where he left Taeyeon. He glanced at his wrist —it almost 30 minutes since he left Taeyeon. His forehead creased when he saw there is no one. He tried searching around but still couldn't find his bestfriend. Out of the corner of his eyes there was someone on the street, outside the hospital through the big glass window.

Taeyeon ?

He walked to the man and tapped his shoulder lightly.

"Taeyeon?" The poor man looked up. His tear-drenched cheek looked awful.

"Sooyoung?" Without wasting another moment, Taeyeon hug Sooyoung and almost strangle him too hard.

"What's the matter ? You look horrible" Sooyoung created some gap between them so that he could look Taeyeon's face.

"Sh....she..le..lef...left. Sh..she doesn't w..wa...want m..me a...ny.mo..more" his lips couldn't open properly, like he mumbled to himself. The strong evident from the shocking scene a moment ago.

"Hey, look at me. What are you talking about ? Who left who ?" Sooyoung asked as he hold Taeyeon's body from shaking too hard.

"Ti...tiff..fany" To say that Sooyoung confused was an understatement.

"Tiffany? You met her?" Taeyeon nodded weakly. Sooyoung gritted his teeth.

"Okay calm down. Take a breath. We'll talk about it at home" And Taeyeon obediently followed and went to hotel with Sooyoung.

 

◆◆◆

 

Tiffany entered the room and sat down on the couch provided by the hospital.

"Where were you? I thought you already arrived?" asked a woman in her 40s who dressed in hospital gown.

"Just downstairs."

"What is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong." Tiffany breathe out heavily by her nose.

"Tiffany" her aunt called in a soft voice.

Her aunt kept her gaze on her. Then, she spotted some tears on her face, her aunt rushed to her side.

"Oh my god, are you okay? What's wrong?" 

Tiffany shook her head as she beamed her entire body to her aunt's embrace.

"You know, you can tell me."

Tiffany moved her head from the aunt's.

"I met..Taeyeon and he's...not the...same anymore" Tiffany speak slowly but audible.

"What do you mean"

"He's...bl..ind"

"Goodness. Where is he?"

"I don't know. I left him" Tiffany locked her eyes with her aunt's.

"Oh gosh. Do you think its a right choice?" Her aunt was worried, worried for that poor guy. She didn't teach Tiffany to be this rude, she didn't spent all her time to teach Tiffany to disrespect someone—morever disability one.

"No" 

"Then, find him" Her aunt's levelled down her gaze.

"I can't" But Tiffany looked away.

"Why"

"Just.. I can't. okay" Tiffany defeat herself.

"Tone down your ego Tiffany, he's a keeper. You know that right?"

Tiffany chuckled hearing that.

"For god's sake, he is blind and no match with me" the latter said arrogantly as she rolled her eyes to the back.

"There is no difference even if he's blind or not, you will always find him wrong"

It was right, her aunt was right. Her aunt know her better— inside and outside. There was nothing wrong with Taeyeon—he's a good man, a responsible one and really good looking. The only wrong about Taeyeon was—he fell in love with the wrong person in a wrong time.

Tiffany stiffened for a while, looking so thoughtful than ever.

"What do I do?" Tiffany pouted.

"Open your heart for him. It's not that hard." Her aunt's squeezed her shoulders.

"But—"

"He deserves happiness and you too, deserves a good man like him"

"Shall I?" Finally, Tiffany felt like she need to wall down her heart and listen to her aunty.

"If you say so"

 

◆◆◆

 

After Taeyeon and Sooyoung finished their dinner, Sooyoung keep insisted Taeyeon to tell him the whole story.

"Now, tell me." Sooyoung stopped whatever he was doing and focused on Taeyeon.

"Tell what"

"Why were you crying at the hospital?"

"It was nothing"

Sooyoung eyed Taeyeon suspiciously and could see Taeyeon's legs were shaking.

"Your legs hurt? Want me to check it?"

His legs automatically stopped.

"No—no. I'm okay"

Sooyoung chuckled.

"You should stop acting like you are okay"

"I am"

"Who left you"

Sooyoung had enough so just cropped the bull.

"Okay fine. I met Tiffany. Like I'm so sure it was Tiffany"

"And?"

"She left me. The end." Taeyeon didn't seem to look hurt like the evening before.

"Oh." He nodded slowly.

"Yeah. Oh. Poor me"

"No, Taeyeon. Don't say that. Now, what do you do? I mean, do you still want to be with her or something?"

"I don't know. I can't seem to let her go but she, herself doesn't want me. It will be really painful to let her stay when I know she want to leave"

"But, you are hurting too. She's not the only one"

"I can bear with it. This is not my first time and perhaps my last time to get hurt and I decided to focus on my eyes first. Tiffany...she can do whatever she want. I won't stop"

"You and Tiffany need to talk, properly. Take a time and when you have calm down, then you can decide"

"I will. We will. Only after my sight is back. I felt really humiliated by her already in just one day. You know, I have feelings and dignity too, but she treated me like I have none" Taeyeon sighed heavily, as he recalled the memories a few hours ago. Tiffany was too much.

"That is good. I will always here by your side" Sooyoung hugged Taeyeon tightly. Sooyoung's love for Taeyeon was beyond than you can imagine.

 

◆◆◆

 

Taeyeon stirred slowly as the sun's rays penetrated through the thin curtain—he shifted on the white mattress uncomfortably.

"Wake up you sleepyhead. It's morning already. Let's have breakfast" Sooyoung shook Taeyeon's body in the most gentlest way ever.

"Give me a minute" Taeyeon slammed his head towards the pillow.

"Okay, hurry up. My stomach is having a concert right now" said a man across the bed.

 

◆◆◆

 

A waiter headed to their table with food in hands—he placed the foods on table carefully. The smell of the food caused Taeyeon and Sooyoung couldn't resist anymore. They started digging in their food as Sooyoung keep glance over Taeyeon each 5 minutes afraid the blind man struggling with his food. Feeling that someone is watching him, "I'm fine. Don't worry" said Taeyeon assuringly.

"I'm just worri—" replied the latter but before he could finish his sentence, someone interrupted their conversation.

"Hello" a soft voice called. Sooyoung turned his head to the left and looked up.

"Je...jess..sica.?" He stuttered.

"May I sit down?"

"Where's Jessica?" Taeyeon asked.

"She's just next to you"

"You are here?"

"Yes. I'm here."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm hungry." Obviously, it's a restaurant for a reason, you know.

"I meant, what are you doing here. In states?" This time, Taeyeon asked more specifically.

"Honestly? I look for Yuri." Jessica was so worried about Yuri that she willing to come here to find that brat. And, she accidentally bump into Taeyeon and Sooyoung in the restaurant and decide to breakfast together as they were apparently stay in the same hotel.

"Yuri? Why would he is here?"

Why would everyone is here?

"We fought. And he ran"

"He shall stop being childish. He keep give you trouble"

"It's okay. I can take it"

"No! Just cancel the wedding. Find a better man" Taeyeon said in a stern tone.

"I don't know."

 

◆◆◆