08 : Determined

The Greatest Man

 

Flashback Part 2.

 

 

It was rest time and everyone is either busy eating, gossiping or sleeping—but it's a different story for Yuri and his friends. They love to go to the gym. Well, of course they are school athlete.

"Yuri, are you planning to just watch your girl clinging around Taeyeon ?" asked Hyoyeon, one of Yuri's basketball teammates. Eventhough, he was quite short than Yuri he was so much agile and had a great stamina.

"Just wait. Kwon Yuri will never let his girl get rob by other men. I will make Jessica fall in love with me, I don't care how cold she is towards me, she will fall for my charm" he said confidently as he lifted the dumble.

"Stop talk big Kwon Yuri, you never serious with your words, right my friends?" Hyoyeon and his friends nodded eagerly and then laughed.

"I don't think you will Yul, that Jessica girl is so in love with Taeyeon" Yoona joined in and giggling.

"You can even see that they stick to ech other like what guys?" Sunny put his hand at his ear.

"MAGNET!!" Yoona and Hyoyeon said in unison.

"Yah! You guys think I'm joking! I'm really serious! I really like Jessica. Have you seen that cute pout of her when she asked me to buy her drink last week? That was so incredible like a magic. And when she wiped my sweat 2 days ago after we finish our training? She is caring!"

"Whatever you say. I can see love whenever she looks at Taeyeon and not to mention her behaviour towards Taeyeon, it was so full of love. Remember when Taeyeon get bullied? She even willing to put herself in danger so that the bully will release Taeyeon. And Yes, that ignorant Tiffany! Remember that girl next class? She was so brutal you know, but Jessica had fight with her untill lots of their hair lost and they almost got bald! That too, because of Taeyeon!" Hyoyeon happily told the stories.(lol)

"Oh . Really ? She loves that boy a lot ? Then it's gonna be so hard. And love can change overnight you know, nothing is impossible. I wonders what Taeyeon has" Yuri said.

"I think he got a big d**k! Oh my god maybe Jessica loves big thing" They bursted out laughing on the floor.

"You guys are so naughty. Stop it. I don't think Jessica isn't like that"

"Who knows?"

"Stop it. I think it's just one-sided love tho, Taeyeon doesn't seem to look interested in her, I think I have a chance" Yuri pulled out a confident smile.

"Come to us when she is already yours"

"No problem, wait and see okay. Wait and see"

 

 ◆◆◆

 

"Hey Jessica!" Yuri waved his hand like a kid outside of Jessica's class.

"What it is" Jessica said as she stood in front of Yuri.

"Are you busy this weekend?"

"No, I'm going to have study group with Taeyeon"

"It's just like an hour free? Please"

"I told you I can't"

Yuri felt like to give up, but no. Kwon Yuri could do better. So, he willing to sacrifice.

"I will bring you anywhere"

Jessica thought for a moment.

"Is it a date?"

"If you say so"

"But, I promise Taeyeon"

"It's just an hour, I promise".

After the 'date', Yuri and Jessica often going out together.

 

◆◆◆

 

It was a bright sunny morning and means time to get up and going to work. But for some people, they could not and Taeyeon was one of them. It has been a month since the accident and Taeyeon could not adapt to being suddenly blind in a month. Tiffany—his wife, could not being contacted and Taeyeon was in the verge to fly to States.

"Taeyeon-ah, wake up. It's already morning" his mother softly knock the door.

His mom was really worried for her son—who would not. Taeyeon looked so gloomy and sad nowadays and in that condition, just make his mom feel a sting in heart.

"Taeyeon-ah, let's have breakfast with us, it's been a while" his mom called again.

True enough, its been a while. It was either Taeyeon had no mood or simply want to be alone—there was no difference. It was normal—he was on the acceptance phase and need time.

Taeyeon blinked his eye-lids a couple time—it felt heavy. He opened his eyes and saw nothing, he tried to closed it then opened it again, hoping a miracle come when morning appear, he could have his sight back—he wished. But no. God has his own plan.

"This stupid eyes!" Taeyeon groaned and get his body up.

"Yes! I'm awake, don't worry" he shouted loudly as he messing around the bed.

"Do you want me to walk you down?" His mom asked in a concern tone. She was so afraid to let his son walk down alone by himself. Afraid anything bad would happen.

"No no, it's okay. I will come down by myself" He replied.

Of course Taeyeon could not walk down by himself but he didn't want his mother worry's getting big and tried to be independent.

"Are you sure? Call me we you need anything okay" his mother still could not walk away, her heart was getting heavy as she left Taeyeon do things alone.

"Okay mom!" Taeyeon tried to sound happy to his mom. It was so hard to do things with a closed-eyes, but more harder when you are blind. You could only depend on your other sense—sixth sense.

 

 ◆◆◆

 

 

Taeyeon started eating his food using his hands. Ms. Kim already prepared his food carefully so that he does not choke on it. She had crush the food to a small pieces to let Taeyeon eat in ease.

"Mom" Taeyeon spoke slowly. He was nervous. He knows his mom would never agree with his decision but he determined.

"I want to meet Tiffany, so I decided to go to the States" his mother face looked emotionless.

"Finish your food" the half decade woman replied. She pretend to not hear it. She know how much her son love her but she just could not afford to lose him. What if something happen to him on his way to the States? It was far like almost 7000 miles away. That is a big no.

"Mom, you heard me. Please just this one. Maybe I could have treatment there? I will bring Sooyoung" Taeyeon tried to coax his mom, he know his mom weakness—his health.

"I already discuss with Sooyoung. He know a famous Ophthalmologist there. He could help me"

3 days ago, when Taeyeon was having his therapy, Sooyoung suddenly suggest about it. Their technology in medical was so far ahead and maybe they could try it.

"I'm sure it costs lots of money.." Ms. Kim looked sad.

"Don't worry, I'm going to use my saving"

"No! It's for your family. What will happen later if you need it?"

"Tiffany is my family and we have to reunite first before building a family...and money, we can always find and earn"

Ms. Kim took Taeyeon's plate after he finished his food and put it in the sink as Taeyeon stood up and went to his mother.

"Mom, please. I want Tiffany and my sight back" Taeyeon placed his chin on his mom's shoulders and rubbed it gently making his mom tickles.

"But, how you gonna take care of yourself? You barely can walk without hitting something and now you want to go to the State, it is far!"

"Mom…I will take care of myself. I'm a big boy now"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

 

 

 

 


Please bear with my writing style, I know its kind of weird. Its come straight from my mind and maybe a bit confused? Are you guys confused? Then me too. Thanks for sub, and comment. I appreciate it a lot♥♥