24 : In a blink of eyes

The Greatest Man

*****

 

It's been a week since they last meet and Taeyeon couldn't help but miss the other woman dearly. In the morning, the thoughts of waking up next to that beautiful woman never once left his mind. It was like when he discovered his love for Tiffany back in the high school. The sweetness of first love and a puppy love were just full of pureness and passion. He works until late night and tried to dismissed the thoughts that he still wanted that woman after all the sin she had done but Taeyeon being the stubborn just had to accept Tiffany back.

Taeyeon rubbed his sleepy eyes and pushed down the blanket that was hovering him as he tried to get his of the bed. He continued to make his way to the bedroom to clean himself and do his morning routine.

The glass mirror greeted the man as he open the door and proceed his way inside. He stared at the front mirror and reminisce that certain memory.

 

Flashback

 

"Tiffany, can we talk?" Taeyeon couldn't keep this uneasiness feeling inside him for too long. He need comfirmation.

The puzzled woman looked up and focus her gaze to the man. "Huh? Why?" She smiled at the baby beside her.

"Hmm..it's something.. Can we? Let's go inside." His heart beat surprisingly thump louder and louder by seconds.

"Okay. Clara let's go." Tiffany stood up from her feet and motioned the little girl to walk inside.

Taeyeon watched the back of Tiffany and Clara walked together hand by hand. His heart felt warm.

It wouldn't hurt right if I give us the second chance? We just need to work harder.

Finally, the trio made their way to the living room of Taeyeon's house. They settled down on the soft couch as they face each other.

Tiffany placed Clara on her lap and hug her tightly. Maybe she felt guilty for kidnapping her back then, the baby didn't deserve such a treatment. She deserves better.Tiffany beamed her face to the crook of baby's neck and stay still.

Aunty is sorry. I will treat you better baby.

"Tiffany.." Taeyeon called the half-conscious woman at the front.

Jolted up from the called, Tiffany immediately looked at the man. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if you are serious about the previous talk we had." Taeyeon locked his gaze with Tiffany's.

"Talk? Which one? The date?" She guessed clueless.

"No. The one you said you want me to give you chance, us a chance." Taeyeon said seriously and he never take his eyes off.

"Of course I'm serious. I wouldn't joking about that matter. I really want you but my heart..." Tiffany paused. "may not completely accept you but I'm trying." It was true she did chasing him but she was sure it wasn't love it just a feeling of a need that she felt.

"I know," Of course Taeyeon knew. He could sense that. "That is why I want to give us a chance. I will make you fall for me. I will make your heart accept me. And you have never leave my mind or heart since the first time I see you."

Tiffany was shock. The man that she did wrong was willing to accept her back. She was overwhelmed. The man that she hate to death was the one that willing to stay by her side. The man that she thought was nobody was actually the one that never give up on her since day one.

A lone tear drop. The baby in hand was now forgotten. "Why...why you do this? I was so cruel to you...." She wiped the tear but unfortunately many more tears streaming down on her cheeks. It wasn't a painful tears but a happiness tears.

Taeyeon hurriedly went to Tiffany's side and took the baby in his arm while his other arm make its way to Tiffany's shoulder. "Let bygones be bygones. Let's make a new memory."

Tiffany nodded.

 

Flashback End

 

 

*****

 

 

Clara, the daughter of Yuri and Jessica had finally reached the one year mark of her birth. Yuri and Jessica were happy to celebrate her birthday with their family and close friend.

Taeyeon and Tiffany were also invited to the party and the duo were so excited to see the little girl.

"Hey!" Yuri snapped Taeyeon from the back.

The poor man quickly touch his shock heart. "What the– can you at least say hi or whatever that show manners." Taeyeon looked at the tall man annoyingly.

"Okay, okay chill bro. So where is Tiffany?" Yuri scanned around.

"I don't know. Toilet maybe."

Yuri frowned. "What's with the answer?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking." Taeyeon took a sip of his coke.

"What's wrong?" Yuri put all his attention to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon almost laugh when he saw Yuri's serious face. "You are so eager to hear me out! You should take a look on your face."

Hearing that, Yuri punched Taeyeon. "Whatever. So what's the problem? Is this about Tiffany?" He wriggled his brows playfully.

"We are doing fine recently and went to a few date." Taeyeon said.

"A few date? Seriously? You two should be on the final stage by now you know. You are so late, Taeyeon. Too late is it." Yuri shook his head disappointingly.

"I'm late? This is better than before tho." Taeyeon was confused.

"Are you even 28? You guys should've been f***ing each other by now! Not just a few date." 

"I just want to take things slow okay." Taeyeon defended himself.

"That is what woman hate the most. Slow. Really slow. Woman likes fast and furious things man!" The taller man facepalmed himself. Out of sudden, the corner of his eyes caught Jessica waving her hand to him. "Talk to you later. Remember, fast and furious." 

 

 

*****

 

A big hand enveloped her petite small hand, it feels so comfortable and secure. The warmth from his palm was like a thick blanket wrapping her cold hand. That was the feeling that she wanted after the loss of her father.

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon shook his hand that was entertwined with the latter gently.

Tiffany just nodded. The sight of Clara and her happy family were laughing and stare at each other lovingly reminded her of her family. The family that she had been longing all this time but it was impossible because her father was long gone and her stepmother–only god knows where.

Feeling worried for the woman next to him, Taeyeon pulled her chin up and faced the sad face. "Hey~ what's wrong? Don't cry." 

Tiffany held Taeyeon's hand tightly. "I miss daddy.." Tiffany crashed her face to Taeyeon's chest and cries her eyes out. "Taeyeon..I want daddy."

Taeyeon rubbed the back of Tiffany's back slowly, trying to calm down the emo girl. Taeyeon know how much Tiffany miss her father and if he could, he willing to drag her father here but that was impossible. "It's okay. I'm here."

The crying woman started to calm down and nodded her head. "Please don't leave me like daddy. I have nobody else. I'm alone in this world."

Taeyeon pushed Tiffany away from the embrace to allow some distance between them. "Look at me. I'm here. I'm always by your side. I'm not going to leave you." Taeyeon let Tiffany see the sincerity through his onyx eyes.

"Promise?" Tiffany asked cutely. Undoubtedly, Taeyeon's words managed to soothing down her waver heart. When time like this come, she was thankful to have Taeyeon by her side and she determined make everything right again.

"Yes, I promise."

 

*****

 

Their way back home was enveloped in dark and silent mode. It was 9 at night when the party ended and Taeyeon decided to take Tiffany straight to home eventhough Tiffany had insisted to go for dinner or a stroll.

Being in Taeyeon's car was somehow make her feel cool and relax. The owner was also the same, looking so calm and hot in a second. The street light was doing a good job by providing the dim light in the car.

The Mercedes Benz made its way to the parking lot of Tiffany's apartment –the one that Taeyeon purchased years ago.

Without shutting down the engine, Taeyeon hop out from his car and went to the other's side door. He pulled the door open and let the woman inside to get out from his car.

"Thank you." Tiffany said as soon as her feet stood on the ground.

Taeyeon just give a sweet smile as a reply and close the door beside him.

"Let's have a coffee or tea in my house." Tiffany tugged Taeyeon's blue shirt.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Taeyeon walked to the driver door and opened it.

Tiffany rushed to Taeyeon and stopped his action.

"It won't take long, I promise." Tiffany hold his arm and letting her eyes getting bigger.

Taeyeon chuckled. "Don't do that." And pinched her cheek.

"Come on. I want to show you the house too." 

"It's okay, next time you can show it. It's late already." 

"What? Look, It's only 10." Tiffany shoved her phone to Taeyeon.

"I promise, next time I will come up with you and you can show it to me that time. Okay?" Taeyeon cupped Tiffany's face in his hands.

"Promise?" Tiffany reached out her pinky finger.

"Yes, promise." The two pinky fingers clinged to each other happily.

Tiffany stood at the parking lot and watched Taeyeon's Benz speeding up until its lost from her sight. She grinned.

Thanks for today, Taeyeon. Please don't forget your promises.

 

******

 

The road was so empty tonight, so driving a little bit fast wouldn't hurt right. Taeyeon stepped on the pedal hard and focus on his driving but out of his sight, there was an accident ahead. The meter on the board almost reach 120km/h and it was above his usual speed. He didn't care because his mind was fill with Tiffany and their promises.

He had promise Tiffany to not leave her and stay. He had promise to go to Tiffany's house next time. Just how many happy things were going to happen today? Looked like everything was going smooth and he was glad that god finally let he taste a bit of happiness with Tiffany –the love of his life. The title for that woman never changed.

"!" Taeyeon shouted when the brake of his car couldn't clutch properly due to the high speed. 2 cars and a lorry were involved in the accident ahead. Taeyeon was trying hard to avoid the scene. His brake was useless now and had no other options than turned the steering to the left.

He thought it was a good idea but god, he was wrong as he meet with the steel barrier in the middle of the road. The loud impact from the violation cost Taeyeon's car to torn apart with the bumper destroy completely. The front of his Benz was badly damaged.

 

*****

 

The smile on her face never left since she entered the house. She grinned ear to ear when she remember the gentle touch of Taeyeon's hands on her cheeks, on her body –its still lingering in her heart.

Her face turned red when she remember earlier –Taeyeon boldly kiss her on the lips. She was stunned when Taeyeon took a step ahead in their relationship. It was nice and nervous but nonetheless she was happy –it give her a strange feeling. Was it love?. She blushed again.

Tiffany pulled the duvet up and covered her entire body. That was the happiest day she ever had. Tiffany closed her eyelids and slowly enter her dreamland.

But an image of Taeyeon with full of red blood on his body greeted Tiffany in her sleep. Tiffany immediately sat up. Her breathing was uneven , it felt like the scary dream she always had when her mother died. She hate it –it was a bad memory from her childhood and she never wanted to experience another death ever again.

She picked up her cellphone on the bed and dialed Taeyeon's number but her called couldn't go through. She started to panic. She dialed again and again but was replied with an annoying woman voice on the line.

Please answer your phone. Please answer your phone. I beg you Taeyeon. Don't make me worried.

Suddenly, she received a phone call –it was from Yuri. Tiffany quickly pressed the answer button and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Tiffany..."

"Yuri? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry.."

"Hey. What's wrong? Don't scared me."

"I'm really sorry Tiffany.."

"Stop saying sorry! Tell me what happened!"

"Taeyeon...he is..." Yuri paused.

"Taeyeon? What's wrong!! Stop stuttering! You make me worried!" Tiffany scolded Yuri.

"Please calm down..after I announce the news."

"Okay, I'm good now. Now tell me." Tiffany could sense something was wrong.

"Promise me first." Yuri was afraid Tiffany couldn't take the news well. Moreover, she lived alone.

"Yes, I promise."

"He had an accident..I'm sorry.."

Tiffany was speechless. She tried hard to register the information.

Hearing no response from the other line, Yuri continued. "He's in ICU.."

Tiffany didn't responded but she still keep her ears on.

"Don't do something stupid."

"Hello? Hello?" Yuri shouted.

"Are you there? Hello!!"

 

Her grip on the phone loose and the cellphone fell on the bed.

Taeyeon..had an accident..he's in ICU...

 

 

*****