01 : Reunion

The Greatest Man

I think this fic will be short one but we'll see. Enjoy the 1st chapter ♥♥

 


 

 

 

"Look at what you've done!" "We have been summoned!" shouted Mr. Kim to his second son, Yuri.

"I was just trying to started a business, you know it is a good thing. You should be grateful" Yuri lied on the sofa and replied his father emotionless.

"This kid! You are always making trouble and after that you will leave the mess unattended, you want me to clean it? Don't you! This is not the first time! I'm done" Mr. Kim stood from his seat and walked to Yuri.

"The loan that you made is not a small amount! It is huge! Where do you think you will find money to pay back! You barely have enough money for yourself and now- ughh I think I'm going nuts because of this kid" The old man, with grey hair touched his rapid heartbeat.

Ms. Kim, who was beside her husband trying to calm her husband down.

"Honey, I think that is enough!" Ms. Kim looks worried for her biological son.

"That is! You are always pampered him that is why he never learn lessons!" Mr. Kim was getting mad in this situation. His wife always defended her son everytime he scolded him. "He will forever be mama's boy if you keep doing this!".

Ms. Kim breathed heavily, who cares about being mama's boy? It was not a sin. Ms. Kim was Mr. Kim's second wife after his first wife died and they were gifted with Kim Taeyeon. Yuri was her son with her former husband and basically she loves Yuri more than Taeyeon. How can she not defended her beloved son when her husband kept comparing Taeyeon and Yuri. Of course, Taeyeon was a good and faithful kid but Yuri wasn't that bad too okay. He was just lazy and that's all.

"Dad, I think that is enough, you have a blood pressure and I'm afraid if anything happens to you" said Taeyeon worriedly. He was watching the entire scene at the corner of the living room. "Don't worry, I will find a way to settle this case" The young man continued.

"There, your brother trying to find a way  and look at you, just lying around and not even bother finding a job!" Mr. Kim pointed his index finger. "And it is you problem! Why would your brother busy with it?!."

"It's okay dad. I'm willing to do it" Taeyeon replied softly.

Yuri looked at Taeyeon, disbelieve, this stepbrother of mine tried to make my heart flutter by doing this kind of thing—helping me. "Whatever you say, brother" Yuri stood up and stop in front of Taeyeon "Thank You" he said not so sincerely.

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the intense scene in the house an hour ago, Taeyeon walked out of the house and sat on a bench outside of his father house—Yes, they lived together in one roof. Kim Family owned an optical shop and Taeyeon basically grew up in Jeonju.  There was a big tree above the bench making the sun getting blocked and it was cloudy.

Mr. Kim went outside and saw his eldest son sat on the bench in the yard.

"Hey"

"Oh, dad" Taeyeon look up.

Mr. Kim sat down beside his son. "What is the matter?" He asked.

"I'm just thinking about Yul matter" Taeyeon said softly, his eyes stared at the letter in his hands.

"I told you don't interrupt in this matter" 

"But Yul is my brother"

"Still, he is adult and he can think straight without making problem"

"It's okay"

"So, when we have to go to court?"

"Next month"

"Can I see the letter?"

"Here"

Mr. Kim read in detail and slowly, tried to register each word. And his eyes widen when he saw a certain name.

"I feel like I have heard this name somewhere"

Taeyeon blinked. 

Mr. Kim looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Yes! It is Hwang Enterprise! My best friend's firm" "I think I could ask for a favour" The half decade man grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

A red Nissan 350z was accelerate fast in the building making the quiet lot echoing due to the engine's roar. A woman in white long-sleeved shirt and a tight black pencil skirt hurriedly open the car door and brought a pile of paperwork along with her. She was late and now she had to arrived to the office in the due time. She locked her car and ran to the elevator for her dear life—eventho she work under her father's firm, as a professional lawyer she had a reputation to maintain and Tiffany Hwang would never make others doubt about her credibility. When she almost arrived at the elevator,

*sound of car's break* the car was almost hit her!

"Oh , what is it this time" the woman hissed.

Both guy in the car came out . "Hey, sorry about that" a man politely apologize.

"What? Are you stupid or blind? Don't you have eyes? Why would you drive so fast?!"

"We didn't even drive that fast tho" He said as matter of fact.

"Hmm.. You look familiar" another man, said softly. Tiffany squinted her eyes sharply.

"Really? If yes, then it is the biggest mistake I've ever committed in my life because know people like you" replied Tiffany then walked away with her sour face. A man with a glasses on shaked his head watching the woman's bad attitude.

"She is really arrogant right, Taeng? If she is married already, I bet her husband is really unfortunate one after stuck with a wife like that. Why would you say that? You should pretend that you don't know her" said Sooyoung while clenching his teeth.

Taeyeon just breathe slowly.

"But she really looks familiar and I think I know her" If I'm not mistaken, she looks like…"

"Tiffany Hwang?" quickly Sooyoung cut him.

Taeyeon nodded slowly before hop in the car.

"I know right Taeng, I think it's her. I remember that part of . She has become really hot huh"

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's been so long right? You have grown up so handsomely Taeng! And you too Sooyoung!" Mr. Hwang excitedly patted his big hands behing the men's back.

"Hehe, Yes, uncle" Taeyeon replied.

"So how was your dad and mom Taeng?" Mr. Hwang asked.

"They're fine. Dad was really happy to see you but something happened and he had to delay our meeting but I insisted to come here anyway" He smiled.

"Oh, that is good to hear. Your dad said there is a case you want me to handle? Am I right?"

"Ahh yes, I hope it is not burden for you" He said shyly.

"Hey, don't say that. I'm willing to help you. You are like my son already okay"

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

"Wowowow, Ms. Tiffany was late yow" Her best friend said as Tiffany sat on the leather couch in her office.

"Almost. There is a difference" she said tiredly.

"Where did you go last night?"

"I went out with your brother of course" "My fiancee" Tiffany hold the ring on her finger and caressed it lovingly.

"Ughh, stop it"

"You should find a boyfriend too, Bora"

"Thanks for your concern, but no thanks, I want to focus in my career first" Bora said confidently.

"Ahh! Before I forget, Your daddy keeps asking where are you" 

"Why?"

"How should I know?"

"Okayy, I will go to his office later"

 

 

 

 

 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Daddy" Tiffany opened the door and walked inside.

"Oh, Tiffany. Finally you came, here Taeyeon and Sooyoung" Mr. Hwang introduced the guys.

Taeyeon and Sooyoung turned their head. Their eyes widened when they faced Tiffany. Tiffany suddenly frozen.

"Don't you remember them? They were your schoolmate right?"

"Of course, I remember the ugliest human being" Tiffany said trying to sound playfully but her father know his daughter more than anyone.

"Manners, Tiffany" Mr. Hwang said sternly.

"Okayy, Hi" Tiffany said in flat tone.

"I want you to handle their case" continued Mr. Hwang.

"What?

" Tiffany shocked.

"Yes, you hear me right"

 

 

 

 

 

XOLOVEYOU♥