Four

Jikook Drabbles

“Hey, Jimin hyung?” The boy turned around when he heard his name and saw Jungkook standing in front of him. Jungkook, his ultra cute junior. Jungkook, the guy who had completely stolen Jimin’s heart without either of them realizing it. Jungkook, who was standing before him looking extremely nervous. Jimin smiled at him, saying a quiet hello.

   “Can you come with me for a second?” Jungkook asked and Jimin, confused but curious, closed his locker and followed Jungkook to an empty classroom. Jungkook looked a bit more confident now that they were alone and he stepped closer to Jimin, who looked at his feet and blushed but didn't back away. He heard Jungkook take a deep breath and let it out slowly, calming himself before saying whatever it was he had brought Jimin here for.

   “Jimin hyung,” he started shakily. He took another deep breath.

   “I really like you and I want to take you on a date. So would you go out with me?” he said fairly quickly, the words spilling out now that he had forced himself to speak. Jimin stood in stunned silence, eyes meeting Jungkook’s. Jungkook looked scared and Jimin couldn't blame him. His own heart was practically beating right out of his chest and he wasn't even doing anything. Jimin made a very conscious effort to nod and it came slowly, but the small nod seemed to make his mouth work again.

   “Yes. Y-yeah I'll go out with you,” he said dazedly. Jungkook let out a breathy laugh and smiled so wide Jimin thought his face must hurt.

   “Okay. Cool. Uhh. Can I have your number? So we can set something up?” Jungkook said.

   “Oh. Sure.” Jimin fumbled for his phone and Jungkook got his out as well. They exchanged numbers and stood awkwardly for a few moments after. Jimin rocked back and forth on his heels nervously and Jungkook stuffed his hands into his pockets.

   “So… I'll see you later?” Jimin said. Jungkook nodded quickly.

   “Yeah. See you later,” he said. He began to leave and looked back when he was at the door to see Jimin staring at the floor, his cheeks red and his hand covering his mouth. Jungkook smiled to himself and left, heading to meet his friends.

   Jimin was utterly speechless. Jungkook had just asked him out. Jungkook had just confessed to him. Jungkook had just… Jimin thought he might faint. He leaned against a desk, his hand over his mouth in shock, and felt a smile start to surface. He heard another student enter the classroom so he pulled himself together, erasing his smile as best he could and willing the blush painting his cheeks to disappear.

   Walking out of the classroom, he started going back to his locker and on the way passed Jungkook, who smiled at him. Jimin felt his face go red again and he chastised himself for being so obvious. He averted his eyes and looked at the floor, running straight into a teacher.

   “Whoa, careful,” the teacher said as he steadied the both of them.

   “Sorry,” Jimin said, bowing respectfully. The teacher let him go with a stern look and Jungkook held back laughter as he watched Jimin scurry away. That dork had taken Jungkook’s heart long ago and he was finally going to try to take Jimin’s. Though he suspected he might have already.