Fifteen

Jikook Drabbles

 

   Jimin and Jungkook sat at a table at their favourite restaurant perusing the menus. Normally they didn’t go to proper restaurants but it was Jungkook’s birthday so Jimin decided to treat him to a nice, proper meal.

   “Hyung, what are you getting?” Jungkook asked. Jimin flipped through the menu once more before answering.

   “Their pasta is really good, right? I’ll get something from that part of the menu…” he trailed off to read through the pasta section. Jungkook smiled at the expression on his face. It looked like this was the most important decision he’d ever made.

   “I’ll get something else so we can split?” Jungkook phrased it as a question and Jimin nodded, still concentrated on his menu. When he finally decided a waitress came to get their orders and brought them their drinks soon after. The boys made light conversation while they waited for their food. When it arrived Jungkook looked at the food with so much happiness Jimin had to laugh at him.

   “Thanks for buying me dinner,” Jungkook said and began splitting the two plates of food in half so they could share. Jimin waved him off and took some food from the plate closest to him.

   “Of course. It isn’t a birthday until someone spends too much money on you,” Jimin joked. Jungkook gave him an unimpressed look and dug into his food.

   As the dinner progressed they ate slowly and talked more than anything else, picking at their food. Finally, when it was getting late and they had been there for a couple hours, they decided it was time to leave. Paying and thanking the hostess at the door, they stepped out into the chilly night air. Jimin shivered and Jungkook took off his jacket, draping it over Jimin’s shoulders. Jimin shot him an annoyed look but pulled the jacket around him more tightly.

   “You’re so cheesy,” he said.

   “I know I am. But you love it,” Jungkook said, walking to the car. Jimin grumbled to himself that he didn’t and hurried to follow Jungkook. Jimin drove Jungkook to his house and gave him a kiss before letting him out.

   “Goodnight Jungkook. I love you,” he said as Jungkook began opening the car door.

   “Goodnight, babe. Love you too,” he replied. He took his jacket back from Jimin and left.

   When Jimin was home again he texted Jungkook.

Jimin: Did you find anything in your jacket pocket?

Jungkook: No… I’ll check it. Did you lose something?

Jimin: No

Jungkook: …? What is this? A ring????

Jimin: A promise ring. I have the other one

Jungkook: And you call me cheesy

Jimin: shut up

   Jungkook sent an image of his hand, with the ring adorning his finger beautifully. It looked even better than Jimin had imagined.

Jimin: It looks great! Ok I’ve given you these rings so it’s your turn to propose lol

Jungkook: Give it a couple years and I’ll take my turn

 
----------------
 
I just realised this resembles something that happened between my friend (who you should check out on here wink wink) scarletz and I. She gave me a couple ring for Christmas and painted me some Wings art, bless her soul. Y'all go show her some love, okay? Byyyeee