Sixteen

Jikook Drabbles

 

   The sun shone brightly in the mid-morning sky and Jungkook held his hand up to block the light. He looked beside him at Jimin, who was driving them to the beach. Their bags were thrown in the backseat carelessly, music playing loudly, the boys enjoying their freedom. Jungkook smiled when Jimin noticed him staring and turned his attention back to the road stretched out in front of them.

   “How long has it been since we went on a trip just the two of us?” he asked. Jimin sighed with a small smile and tapped the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

   “Too long. Maybe a year ago?” he said. Jungkook nodded . Their last trip had been last summer when Jimin was graduating. Now Jungkook had graduated and they were finally finding time to do simple things like go away for a couple days.

   “I missed it. This. Just driving with you for hours,” Jungkook said.

   “I did too,” Jimin replied, sounding reminiscent. The pair fell silent, the music filling the car. Jungkook stared out the window at the passing scenery, admiring the colours of summer. Eventually he drifted off to sleep and Jimin turned the music down to a quiet hum. He smiled at the sleeping figure slumped against the window and drove as carefully as he could so he didn’t jerk Jungkook awake.

   About half an hour later they were passing through a small town and Jimin pulled up in front of an ice cream shop. He roused Jungkook, who looked around in confusion.

   “Where are we?” he asked, blinking sleep from his eyes.

   “A town. I thought we’d stop for some ice cream,” Jimin said. Jungkook smiled at the mention of ice cream.

   “How much longer until we’re there?” Jungkook asked as they went into the shop. Jimin shrugged and looked through the ice cream options.

   “Maybe an hour?” he said. Jungkook nodded and chose what he wanted. Jimin also chose and Jungkook paid, handing the ice cream to Jimin as they found a seat on a bench outside. Jimin let Jungkook have a taste of his ice cream and the younger did the same. The sun was bright but didn’t feel heavy, a light breeze tousling the boys’ hair. It made them feel light and happy, and Jimin snorted when Jungkook’s hair was blown into his eyes. The younger struggled to fix his hair with his ice cream in his hand and eventually gave up, accepting being partially blinded by hair.

   “Need anything else before we leave?”Jimin asked as they finished eating, fixing Jungkook’s hair for him. Jungkook decided to take advantage of Jimin being close to him and he placed his hand on Jimin’s thigh, closing the distance between them to kiss Jimin softly. The sweetness of the treat they had just eaten lingered on both their lips, making the kiss almost unbearably sweet. Jungkook pulled away and his lips absentmindedly, tasting Jimin’s ice cream on his lips.

   “That was all I needed. Let’s go,” he said, grabbing Jimin’s hand and pulling him up. Jimin blushed and followed Jungkook to the car, looking at the ground the whole way, his cheeks ablaze.

   “Why?” he asked when he started driving. Jungkook quirked a brow and glanced at Jimin, who still had a light tint to his cheeks.

   “Because you’re mine, and everyone in every town needs to know,” he answered smoothly. Jimin’s cheeks returned to the deep red shade from earlier and he grumbled,

   “It’s embarrassing.” Jungkook looked at him, studying him. Jimin noticed and gave Jungkook a questioning look.

   “You still seem to like it,” Jungkook said. Jimin huffed.

   “Whatever.” Jungkook smirked in victory and returned to looking out the window. Jimin sighed and turned the music up, stopping the conversation. He was a sore loser.

 
-------------------
comment pleeeeaasee! It makes me so happy and I hope my writing makes you guys happy