Twenty Five

Jikook Drabbles

    Jungkook ran to get into line at the entrance of the amusement park, overly excited to go on the rides. Jimin, on the other hand, didn’t like rides much. They scared him. He shuffled his feet nervously beside the bouncing teenager that was his boyfriend and when Jungkook noticed him looking around with fear he wrapped an arm around Jimin’s waist. 

    “Don’t be scared hyung. There’s nothing to be worried about. Amusement parks are perfectly safe,” he reassured. 

    “I know. But I still get nervous. Things do happen sometimes,” Jimin said and Jungkook patted his cutely, making the older pout.

    “You’ll be fine.” The pair bought their day passes and walked into the park, looking around in awe at the bright colours, giant rides and food stands littering the streets. Jimin gravitated towards a table to sit down and take it all in but Jungkook grabbed his hand and pulled him towards a ride. 

    “Come on hyung, we can sit later,” he said happily and got in line. Jimin gulped when he read the sign and realised he was about to be forcibly put on a rollercoaster. 

    “C-can I stay here and wait for you?” he asked, voice shaking as he stared up at the structure. Jungkook shook his head. 

    “Nu-uh. You’re coming on and I promise you’ll like it.” Jimin gave him a doubtful look but followed slowly as the line moved forward. When they got to the front of the line Jungkook had to pull Jimin onto the ride but he eventually succeeded in getting the older to sit and get secured in his seat. Jungkook sat beside him and looked over, seeing Jimin trying to keep calm. 

    “It’ll be okay hyung. I’m here, nothing will happen, you’ll have fun. Just relax,” he coaxed and Jimin lost some of the tension in his body. He breathed in and out slowly and nodded. Jungkook smiled reassuringly as the rollercoaster car began to move, creeping up a large slope. Jimin’s grip tightened around the handles on his seat and he was breathing quickly. Jungkook put a hand on his knee and when the car reached the top of the slope he squeezed Jimin’s knee reassuringly and grabbed onto his own handles in preparation. 

    The rollercoaster tipped forward and they came hurtling downward, Jimin screaming loudly and Jungkook yelling in excitement. The noise continued as the ride went on and by the end of it Jimin was whooping in joy as well. When they got off and stepped onto solid ground again Jungkook gave Jimin a smug look and the older rolled his eyes. 

    “Fine, I liked it,” he admitted. Jungkook made a triumphant fist.

    “Yes! I knew it. By the way, nice hair,” Jungkook said and held back a laugh at Jimin’s wind-blown hair. It was fluffed up and pushed back, not at all how he had styled it that day. Jimin brought a hand up to touch his hair and he smiled as he fixed it. 

    “Yeah, yours looks good too,” he teased. Jungkook’s hand shot up to fix his messy hair and Jimin laughed, bringing Jungkook’s hands away to do it for him. Jungkook bent slightly so Jimin could reach better and the older made a face. 

    “I’m not that short, no need to bend down,” he said. Jungkook laughed and caught Jimin’s hands when he finished. He interlocked their fingers and kissed Jimin’s knuckles sweetly. 

    “Thanks for going on the ride. We can do something you want to now,” Jungkook said and Jimin smiled. 

    “Let’s go eat.” Jungkook rolled his eyes and started walking, swinging their arms in between them. Jimin smiled at him and looked around, trying to find a really lame ride to make Jungkook go on and bore him to death as payback.