Ten

Jikook Drabbles

  The air was still and cool, welcoming the two men who lay on a blanket spread on the ground, staring up at the night sky. The stars shone brightly, illuminating the men in a soft, cold glow.

   “That's the big dipper,” Jungkook said, pointing to the constellation. Jimin followed his finger and easily found what he was talking about.

   “So there's a little dipper too, right? Where's that?” he asked. Jungkook shifted to point somewhere else.

   “There. See the north star? It's at the end of the little dipper,” he said. Jimin took Jungkook’s free hand in his and looked at all the stars above them with fascination.

   “Amazing,” he said. Jungkook looked at him and smiled.

   “It is, isn't it?” Jimin looked at Jungkook as well and smiled back, returning his gaze to the sky.

   “Yeah. You know any more constellations?” he asked. Jungkook looked back to the stars and pointed.

   “Orion’s belt. Those three stars are the belt, the rest of him is a little ambiguous though,” Jungkook said and Jimin giggled. He struggled to make out the shape of Orion but eventually succeeded.

   “Oh, I see him!” he said, pointing excitedly. Jungkook laughed and kissed Jimin’s hand tenderly. Jimin turned his head and puckered his lips, asking for a proper kiss. Jungkook complied and pecked Jimin’s lips. The smaller smiled and hummed in thanks.

   “More constellations?” he asked.

   “I know more constellations than you could remember,” Jungkook said with a grin.

   “I've already forgotten where the big dipper is so just go for it,” he laughed. Jungkook sighed at Jimin’s forgetfulness but continued showing him shapes in the stars. The night deepened and after being out there too long already Jungkook pulled Jimin into his arms and buried his face in his hair.

   “I don't want to go home,” he said. Jimin nuzzled into Jungkook’s chest.

   “Me neither.”

   They stayed cuddled up under the stars for a while longer, Jimin starting to fall asleep, when Jungkook roused him.

   “We should actually go home now. I'd like to think we can sleep out here but who knows what could happen,” he said. Jimin groaned sleepily and rubbed his eyes to wake up.

   “Alright. But you're carrying me home,” Jimin said. Jungkook snorted and stood, pulling Jimin up as well.

   “And why is that, princess?” Jungkook with the name. Jimin dismissed it and picked their blanket up, balling it up in his arms.

   “Because you woke me up and we don't live far, so it up and accept your punishment.” Jungkook rolled his eyes at the logic but obeyed. Jimin had expected him to crouch and Jimin would hop onto his back, but instead he was literally swept off his feet. He suddenly found himself in Jungkook’s arms, bridal style, and he blushed.

   “This isn't what I meant,” he grumbled.

   “You didn't specify,” Jungkook said with a triumphant smirk. Jimin sighed but accepted his fate, tightening his arms around Jungkook’s neck and laying the blanket on his stomach so it didn't fall.

   Jungkook started the short walk home from the field, Jimin blushing every time they passed under a street light. It was late, after midnight, but people could still be out and see them.

   “You can put me down now,” he said quietly. Jungkook shook his head and glanced at Jimin.

   “We're almost home,” he responded. Jimin looked ahead of them and saw their house approaching. He turned his head to look at Jungkook again and his heart skipped a beat. Jungkook looked absolutely beautiful, even under the unflattering street light.

   “Okay, we're here,” Jungkook announced, putting Jimin down gracefully. Jimin thanked him and held the blanket tighter to him while Jungkook unlocked the front door. He let Jimin go in first, coming in and locking the door again after. Jimin kicked his shoes off and started walking back to their bedroom when he felt strong arms wrap around his waist.

   “Thanks for coming out there with me,” Jungkook said. Jimin sighed happily and leaned back into Jungkook.

   “Thanks for showing me the constellations. They're beautiful,” Jimin responded. Jungkook kissed Jimin’s neck.

   “Not as beautiful as you. Now let's get to bed, it's late,” he said. Jimin nodded and they retreated to their room hand in hand.