Thirteen

Jikook Drabbles

    “Mina, get back here!” Jimin shouted down the hallway at his three year old daughter, who was running through the house with her dress half on. Jungkook, who was in the room at the end of the hall, caught her and she squealed as he lifted her into the air.

    “Mina, are you getting ready like a good girl?” he asked her as he held her and she played with her fingers, not answering. Jimin came down the hall and Jungkook passed Mina to him.

    “Thanks, babe. She won't wear her dress but she has to look nice for this dinner,” he said. Jungkook gave their daughter a stern look.

    “Mina, you have to let daddy make you pretty so you can see your grandparents, okay?” he chastised. Mina nodded and gripped Jimin’s shirt with her small hands.

    “Good girl. Okay, go get her ready and I'll finish up with Junhoe,” he said to Jimin, who nodded and walked back to Mina’s room with her. Jungkook went back into their son’s bedroom and faced the stubborn six year old sitting on his bed with his arms crossed.

    “Jun, we have to go to grandma and grandpa’s to see your family. Can you get ready for me?” he asked. Junhoe shook his head and huffed, puffing his chest out. Jungkook sighed and sat on the bed next to Junhoe.

    “If you get dressed now daddy will buy you a treat on the way home,” he tempted. Junhoe looked up at him warily and held eye contact for a while before nodding.

    “Okay,” he agreed. Jungkook smiled triumphantly and stood to get his son’s nice clothes from the closet.

    “That's my boy. But shh, don't tell your other daddy what I said. It's our little secret,” he said, putting a finger to his lips. Junhoe copied him and put a fingers to his lips as well, nodding. Jungkook got him dressed pretty quickly and brought him to the washroom to fix his messy hair.

    “There you are. Almost ready?” Jimin asked as he also entered the washroom to do Mina’s hair and straighten her dress.

    “Yup. We can go as soon as I grab my jacket,” Jungkook answered. They got their children in order and Jimin started to lift Mina off the counter she was sitting on, but she whined and reached for Jungkook. The man chuckled and picked her up, Jimin frowning at the rejection.

    “I'll take her to the car, do you mind grabbing my jacket?” Jungkook asked and Jimin nodded. He held Junhoe’s hand and led him to the front door where he helped him tie his shoes and watched Jungkook slip Mina’s shoes on for her and go to the car. Jimin grabbed his husband’s jacket and the house keys and ushered Junhoe outside and towards the car. He locked the door and ran through the falling snow to the car, where Jungkook already had Mina in her car seat and was buckling Junhoe in.

    “Ready to go?” he asked and slipped into the passenger seat. Jungkook nodded and settled in the driver’s seat, looking behind him to check on the kids once more.

    “Off to grandma and grandpa’s house!” ---- Jimin knocked on his parents’s door and smiled when his mom opened it, welcoming them inside.

    “Jimin! Merry Christmas!” she said, pulling him into a hug.

    “Merry Christmas mom,” he replied and, when he was released from the hug, shuffled inside and out of the snowfall. His mother then hugged Jungkook, who held Mina, and the two kids, wishing each of them a merry Christmas and bringing everyone inside. “Jun!!” a child yelled, Junhoe’s cousin, and the boy kicked off his shoes, ripped off his jacket, and ran to his cousin. Jimin looked after him, amused, and took off his own coat. When he had put it away Jungkook passed Mina to him and then removed his jacket as well. He picked Junhoe’s jacket up off the floor and sighed.

    “We need to teach Jun to take care of his stuff better,” he said and Jimin nodded. The couple went into the living room where the rest of the family was gathered and were greeted by a chorus of hellos.

    “Good to see you guys!” Jimin’s brother said and patted him on the back. He leaned over to look at Mina better and smiled at her, waving cutely.

    “Hi Mina! Do you remember me?” he asked. She shook her head shyly and buried her face in Jimin’s shirt, turning away from Jimin’s brother.

    “Sorry, she's a little shy,” Jimin laughed and his brother nodded.

    “That's quite alright. And where's your little boy?” he asked, looking around.

    “With Chanwoo,” Jimin said. Jimin’s brother - Chanwoo’s dad - smiled.

    “Of course. Those two are inseparable,” he said. Jimin nodded and looked at Jungkook, who stood quietly beside him.

    “Honey, want to sit down somewhere?” he asked. Jungkook surveyed the room and found two chairs next to each other, and he led Jimin over to them. Jimin set Mina in his lap and, when she wriggled and asked to be let down, he set her on the floor carefully. She wandered over to some of her older cousins and they cooed at her, making her smile and sit next to them. Jimin chuckled at her and smiled warmly when Jungkook’s arm wrapped around his shoulders.

    “Dinner time!!” someone yelled and the family gradually made their way to the kitchen where they served themselves food and then returned to the living room to find a place to sit. Junhoe remained by Chanwoo’s side and Mina seemed to like sitting with her grandparents so the husbands sat together and joined in the conversation the adults were having. As dinner came to a close the children all received a small gift from their grandparents and were told not to open it until tomorrow, Christmas day. The kids agreed sadly and thanked them for the gift.

    “Alright kidlets, time to go,” Jungkook called and his children whined.

    “Oh, are you tired? Is that why you're whining? Is it bedtime?” he asked and they became quiet, shaking their heads. The other adults laughed and said goodbye to the kids as they went around and hugged everyone.

    “Bye! Jungkook, it was so good to see you again. And Jimin, you too,” Jimin’s parents said at the door. Jimin smiled.

    “That didn't sound very sincere,’ he teased. “Oh be quiet, you,” his mother said and handed him his coat roughly. Jimin laughed and slipped it on quickly, turning to help his children with their shoes and jackets. When everyone was ready they gave Jimin’s parents one last goodbye hug.

    “See you guys! Merry Christmas!” his mother said as they left, Mina in Jimin’s arms and Junhoe holding Jungkook’s hand tightly. The family rushed back to the car and hopped in, buckling up and heading out.

    “Daddy, what treat will you buy me?” Junhoe asked when they started driving. Jimin looked at Jungkook, confused, and the younger explained himself.

    “He wouldn't get ready so I promised him something on the way home if he got dressed,” he said.

    “Oh. Jun, do you want some chocolate?” Jimin asked, turning to look at their son. Junhoe nodded excitedly and Mina said from beside him,

    “Me too!”

    “Okay, let's get some chocolate, then,” Jimin said. They stopped at a grocery store and picked up a box of Christmas chocolates. Jungkook paid while Jimin kept the children under control and then they headed home. Arriving at home, Jimin unbuckled the kids and carried Mina inside while Jungkook brought the chocolates in.

    “When can we open presents tomorrow?” Junhoe asked excitedly as the door was shut and locked behind them, stopping the cold wind from blowing into the house.

    “Hmmm. After seven, okay?” Jimin answered, setting Mina down to help her take off her winter clothes, and his son whined.

    “That's so laaattee,” he complained.

    “You want to make it eight?” Jimin said and Junhoe shook his head.

    “Good. At seven tomorrow you can come wake daddies up, okay?” Junhoe nodded and made his way to his room, his jacket once again thrown on the floor. Jimin picked it up and hung it in the closet with a sigh.

    “You're right, we really do need to teach him about being clean,” he said to Jungkook, who hummed in agreement. He took Mina’s hand and led her back to her bedroom, where he got her into some pajamas and said goodnight while Jimin tucked Junhoe in in the next room. The parents switched and said goodnight to the other kid then they went to their room, changing into their own pajamas and laying in bed. Jimin laid his head on Jungkook’s shoulder and they their tv with the volume down low so they didn't disturb the kids.

    “Today was successful,” Jungkook commented. Jimin hummed and lifted his head to kiss Jungkook sweetly.

    “It was. And tomorrow will be hectic, so we should go to sleep soon,” he said. Jungkook checked the clock and chuckled.

    “It's seven o'clock, baby. Are you tired already?” Jimin sighed and laid back down.

    “No, but we should be asleep by ten. I doubt the kids will actually wait until seven in the morning to wake us,” he reasoned.

    “Good point. Well, we still have a few hours,” Jungkook said and looked at Jimin suggestively. His husband sighed and moved himself away from Jungkook to look at him properly.

    “On Christmas Eve? Would the lord not be displeased?” he joked. Jungkook smirked and hovered over Jimin, their faces inches apart.

    “I don't think he'd mind,” he answered. Jimin smiled and let Jungkook kiss him slowly. He reached for the tv remote and turned it off, the room being plunged into darkness. Needless to say, things progressed from there and the men fell asleep earlier than ten, tired out from their activities. In the morning Jimin was sore but just being with his family was enough for him to forget his discomfort and have a wonderful Christmas day.

------------

Merry Christmas everyone!!