I'm real.

It started with a Crash.

Xander stood at the hospital room’s door and just held the knob.
I’m gonna walk in here again, she the destruction I caused. See the beautiful girl I harmed. Her soul probably locked up in that body that doesn’t wanna wake up and stand up, all because of me. They told me, to just let her go, just let her rest. But I couldn’t. I cant. I wont. She will live, she will survive, and I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure that happens.

Xander twisted the knob and the door slowly creaked open. He stuck his head in and saw Ha-Ye sitting on the chair beside the bed, but she was asleep. Xander sighed as he walked in, he grabbed a blanket from the watchers bed and covered Ha-Ye. And slowly his eyes landed on the sleeping—resting girl that laid on the bed. He bit his lower lip and sighed. He walked towards her and traced her arm with his finger. He looked at her face and just stood there looking at her for a while. He would still see some of the scratch marks on her face that she got from the accident and balled his hands into fists. And suddenly memories flashed in his head.

FLASHBACK:

 “Then I guess I’ll be seeing you again some time soon, Xander.” She waved at him.

“Hope so, and look” He pointed at the watch and Rae looked at it “one minute and your…”

“Free!!” Rae screamed as the clock hit 9 pm. Xander laughed as he walked out the store. He held the cake in one hand while his other searched for his keys in his pocket. Once he found it, he hadn’t noticed he was infront of his car already. He smiled to him self and opened the door to his car. He got in and placed the cake on the seat beside his. He put the key into the ignition and started the car, but to his surprise the engine didn’t run.

“Wh—wait.” He mumbled as he tried to start it again but failed.

“One more try.” He tried again and the car roared and finally started “Awesome!”

He stepped on the clutch and the car started moving forward. Xander smiled happily to himself, when suddenly the steering wheel became hard to control, and when he let go of the clutch it continued to move faster, he stepped on the breaks, and large screeching sounds were heard, but it didn’t stop moving faster. Xander looked up and that when he saw Rae looking right at him.

“RAEEEE!!!” He screamed and he tried to move the car away from her, but it failed, he hit her. But the car wouldnt stop moving, he looked back seeing the body just laying in the middle of the road. And just as Xander turned to the front, a faster moving car bumped to the side of his car, and he out.

FLASHBACK END.

Xander looked away from Rae and sighed “I didn’t mean to do it Rae. I’m so sorry.” He blinked back tears and turned his body away from the bed. He sat on the watchers bed and buried his face on his hands.

“Please forgive me.”

 

 

 “Yaaa!” Rae screamed and Xander and Ha-Ye’s eyes flew open.

“What happened?” Ha-Ye looked at Rae.

“I’m hungry!” Rae pouted and Ha-Ye laughed

“You just get your voice back and you use it to the maximum volume.” Ha-Ye stood up.

Rae stuck her tongue out at Ha-Ye “You just miss my voice.”

Xander blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes. He pinched his self and even winced at that.
“I’m awake” He whispered and stood up “I’m awake!! You’re awake!!!”
And with that Rae and Ha-Ye looked at him.

“Xander.” Rae smiled and waved at him then she looked at her hand “I can finally move it!!”

Ha-Ye laughed and looked at Xander “When did you get here?”

“Why are you asking me that?! She just woke up! Oh my god!!” Xander ran beside the bed and Rae watched him.

“I must’ve been asleep when you arrived. Xander, she’s been awake since last night.” Ha-Ye told him and his eyes widened.

“Yeah, Hi.” Rae waved at him and smiled

“bu-But how?” He asked

Rae shrugged and looked at Ha-Ye “beats us.”

“Even the doctor was shocked; she just suddenly sat up breathing like crazy.” Ha-Ye said smiling. Suddenly a loud grumble filled the room, making Xander and Ha-Ye to look at Rae.

“Hey, don’t judge me. That’s six months of not being able to eat good food.” Rae smiled and Xander just looked at her.
“Yes Xander, I’m real.” Rae laughed “Now can someone just please get me food!”

“I’m on it.” Ha-Ye walked out the room leaving Rae and Xander alone together.

Rae looked at Xander who wouldn’t stop looking at her.
She’s real? She’s awake? She’s—She’s alive.

“yaa!” Rae tilted her head as she waved her hand infront of Xander’s face.

“Ohh sorry.” Xander smiled and scratched the back of his head “I didn’t mean to stare.”

“Its okay, I bet its different for you seeing me with my eyes open” Rae smiled

Xander chuckled “You have no idea”

“Xander…” She looked away from him “I wanted to thank—“
Before she could finish, Xander cut her off

“No, Don’t. I owe you this much. This is all my fault, I also wanted to say sorry for everything I did. Please don’t thank me.”

“THANK YOU!” Rae said loudly and smiled “there, I said it, what are you gonna do about it?”

Xander opened his mouth and closed it again “I’m sorry” He said again and Rae shook her head.

“Don’t say sorry, I’m fine, I’m alive because of your faith in me. I don’t want your sorry, arraso?” Rae looked at him and Xander arched an eyebrow

“ARRASO?” She said louder and Xander sighed.

“Bu—“ He tried to say but once again she cut him off.

“ARRASO?!” She almost screamed and Xander finally nodded.

“Perfect, now where is that girl with my food?” Rae looked at the door and Xander watched her smiling.