Flames.

It started with a Crash.

Rae waved at Ha-Ye as she walked out of their apartment to go to work, then sulked her head in her hands and pouted.
“I need a job” She muttered and Xander sat down beside her

“No you don’t” He said and she suddenly looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Bwo?? Yes I do. I cant stay here and just live off Ha-Ye’s money, I need to pay half of the rent.” Rae sighed and looked down at her hands

“I’ll pay for it then.” Xander beamed and she just shook her head

“first of all, you’ve been too nice, paying for me staying in the hospital then for this apartment. I wanna pay for this. I wanna work.”

“Well since Suki is leaving for Japan soon, and we will be needing a part time assistant—“ Before he could finish his sentence, Rae already shook her head. Making Xander pout and puff up his cheeks

“Why not???” He whined and Rae smiled

“Too much Xander is bad for my health.” She said making him scowl at her

 

 

“Xander I don’t even know why I’m here.” Rae tugged on her large jacket that he made her wear accompanied by the huge glasses he gave her.

“Because you’ll be bored alone at home, so I’m bringing you here, its fun, and stop whining.” He held her hand

“But why must I wear this ridiculous attire?!” She growled and he just smiled

“Everyone knows you Rae, remember: THE GIRL XANDER OF U-KISS CRUSHED” He said and Rae rolled her eyes

“Aish” She said pouting and Xander just put an arm around her “Star king isn’t that bad, its funny, I promise.” He told her and she sighed

“Would you two get your butts up here fast!!!” Kevin screamed at the main entrance making Xander and Rae look at him

“One minute!” Xander screamed back and looked at Rae “I promise!”
Rae sighed in defeat and nodded making Xander smile and suddenly pull her in.

 

Rae looked around the studio and smiled. Fans held up huge signs to their beloved Idols and waited patiently.
Rae was stuck waiting too, since Xander had to go to hair and make up. Rae hummed to herself when suddenly someone sat beside her.
She looked to her right, and ended up smiling. Xander was wearing a mask and a large hoodie.

“What about your hair, its all messed up now.” She smiled at him

“They decided to just iron my hair, thats it.” He shrugged and suddenly grabbed Rae’s phone.

“What are you upto?” She asked

“I want a picture of myself.” He said and Rae rolled her eyes

“Why wont you just use your phone?”

“Cause I’ll be forced to post it in twitter if I use my phone.” Xander beamed and started taking pictures which made Rae just roll her eyes. Such a Pabo.

 

 

After a few minutes the show finally came to a start, so Xander had to run off, leaving Rae alone again as she listened to the MC.

“Okay, for our first Guests today, we have the Hawaii fire dancers!!” The MC screamed and loud music came on then 2 men and one woman who held onto ropes with burning pieces at the end danced, twisting and turning the flames.

Rae watched them in awe; she smiled wide at how beautiful and amazing it looked. She always wanted to learn how to do that, but found it impossible because lessons for those just didn’t cut her budget.

“So amazing…” She whispered to herself. And the music stopped, but the dancers didn’t, they continued to twirl around the ropes and smile at the crowd.

“Okay, so who can do the same as them?”  The Mc asked “Minho-shii?” He turned to Minho who shook his head furiously.

“Who can do it then?” MC Ho Dong asked and Jo Kwon stood up and had both hands on his hips. He walked towards the fire dancers, but quickly ran away when one dancer faced him. The crowd laughed while Rae just stared at the flames in awe.

“Okay, I guess no one can do it” Mc Ho Dong said laughing “how about stand beside them as they dance then?”

All the stars just shook their head, obviously afraid of the fire.
“Should we just end the show?” Mc Ho Dong said and the crowd booed.

“I’LL DO IT” Rae suddenly uncontrollably screamed. All eyes were on her and she covered .

“what—oh okay, we have a volunteer!” The MC smiled and pointed at Rae, the camera was suddenly on her and she bowed and gave a nervous smile. “Come up here then.”

Xander looked at Rae wide eyed and shook his head, telling her not to come down. But she was too excited and amazed by the fire dancers. She stood up and walked towards the stage. Leetuk escorted her up and gave her the mic.

“Whats your name Miss?” Mc Ho Dong asked. Rae bit her lower lip and looked at Xander who now glared at her

“My name?” She said “Is—uhh—Min?”

“Well Miss Min! You volunteered yourself to stand next to the fire dancers, are you ready?” Eunhyuk asked her and she nodded furiously.

“Ne.”

“I will pray for your soul Min.” Leetuk teased making Xander suddenly choke and cough loudly. Rae looked at him with a smile then back at the fire dancers.
They approached her and music started to play. Eunhyuk and Leetuk ran off the stage leaving Rae and the fire dancers all alone. And that’s where her mind started to drift, she looked at the beautiful flames that were spinning around her as it put her into a trance.

Xander on the other hand, stiffened and held his chair tight as he watched Rae. He bit his lips hard, forcing his self not to run down and just grab her.
My god Rae, why did you agree to this? What if you get burned? Hurt? Or even killed? I shouldn’t have brought you here.

And just as if she had read his mind, Rae looked at Xander whose eyes immediately locked with hers. She gave him a reassuring smile, her warm eyes staring immensely into his. Xanders body relaxed for some odd reason.
He couldn’t help it, even though he didn’t want to, he returned the smile and just looked at her.
 

I’m surrounded by spinning flames that could kill me in any moment, but why does everything around me just seem to slow down, and all I can really see in this room of people is…… him? Rae sighed and forcefully looked away from Xanders gaze and back to the spinning flames.
When the music stopped and the fire dancers dropped their flames, Rae clapped happily.

“Min, your alive!” Eunhyuk teased and Rae nodded smiling and suddenly holding her chest, she puckered her lips in confusion when she felt her heart beating fast.
“your hearts beating fast?” Leetuk smiled at her

“Yeah.” She nodded

“Is it because you were scared you’d get hit by the flames?” Eunhyuk asked her.

No, that’s not it. She then looked at Xander who rolled his eyes and mouthed “You could’ve died”
She smiled and nodded “Yeah, maybe I was”
No, I loved the flames, it calmed me. But for some odd reason, my heart is beating fast, I wonder why.


a/n: Okay, ya'll know what fire dancers are right? The people with these long ropes and burning thingys at the end. I find those really amazing, and one of my classmates is taking a class to learn how to do that. BUT DAMN, its costs alot of MONEY. Still, its pretty awesome though.