eight: Teamwork

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunmi hummed in order to ignore Taemin's stares and his so called flirt skills. She tried working on his skin, which broke lately out due to stress, but the little bumps didn't annoy her as much as his voice. 

 

"Could you just keep quiet?" 

 

Taemin grinned while she worked on his blemishes. "Why? It's fun to talk to you." He mustered as he stared at her.

 

Sunmi took a deep breath before moving on to his brows. She took a pencil from the table behind her before drawing faint lines to create fake brow hair. 

 

Sunmi was normally composed and really hard to bring out of her calmness but Taemin was really a pro. Along with Baekhyun that is. Though she wasn't sure who was more annoying of them. Currently it was definitely Taemin.

 

"If you don't want this pencil to poke your eye then I would suggest you to be quiet." 

 

"And besides I'm engaged." Sunmi said finally which made the male finally shut up. He liked to ignore that annoying fact. 

 

Minho who was sitting in silence in the corner grinned while flipping through the magazine he brought. One leg was on another while he waited for his turn to get ready for the stage later. He glanced up, however, when he heard a knock on the door followed by a soft call for the makeup artist.

 

Sunmi was still pasting makeup on Taemin's face even going as far as slapping his lips 'accidently'. She was always a little faster when doing Taemin's makeup. 

 

"Eonnie?"

 

Hyunah opened the door from the other side quietly and peeked inside. Her hoddie covered her eyes a bit as she tried to look around for the other female. 

 

Minho raised a brow at Hyunah before trying to make out who the person was underneath the oversized hoddie. 

 

Hyunah pulled her hoddie then down when she touched her left cheek. A blueish-purple colour was circling her left eye and down to her cheek bone. 

 

"Holy ." Minho exclaimed when he saw Hyunah's black eye. 

 

Hyunah startled upon hearing Minho's voice and turned around to find him sitting right beside the door on the couch. Minho was still staring at her, totally ignoring the fact that they didn't know each other yet.

 

"Uhm, hello?" Hyunah said, a little bit unsure. She then glanced over at Sunmi when she heard a chair screeching on the marble floor.

 

Taemin stood up from the chair with a little snub and stormed away from Sunmi's sight. He walked towards the door where Hyunah stood and glanced at her bruise before walking right pass her.

 

"He is worse than Key-ssi." She huffed while still facing her makeup tools. "Minho-ssi." She was still unaware of Hyunah's presence as she started cleaning her makeup brushes, her back facing the two. 

 

Minho looked once more at Hyunah and was about to go over to Sunmi when Hyunah held him back. "Do you mind? I need a little bit of her time, if you know what I mean." She said and pointed at her black eye.

 

Minho shrugged as he gestured towards Sunmi. "You definitely need it more than me." 

 

Hyunah briefly nodded as little thank you before walking over to Sunmi by the mirror.

 

Sunmi looked then up when she noticed that it wasn't the tall guy of SHINee but instead the little manager of EXO. "Oh, Hyunah. What- HOLY CRAP!" She gasped when Hyunah turned around to let Sunmi see her bruise. 

 

"Did you get into a fight or what?!" She asked before titling Hyunah's chin up - forgetting that her neck and head belonged to each other as she did so. And the fact that the female had long fake nails didn't help. 

 

"Ow!" Hyunah grimaced before pulling away from the older girl. "That hurts!" She hissed.

 

"What happened to your eye?!" Sunmi asked and frowned once more at the sight of Hyunah's bruise. It even hurted looking at it. 

 

"Long story." Hyunah sighed. "Can you do something about it?" 

 

Sunmi pursed her lips before glancing at Minho. "You still have time, right?"

 

Minho shrugged as usual before flipping through his magazine again. 

 

Sunmi nodded towards the chair, where Taemin was sitting earlier and turned back to her makeup kit. "What happened? Did you get into a fight with a gang or what?" She asked when she found the right skin color for Hyunah.

 

Hyunah leaned back in the seat while staring at the ceiling. "It wasn't a gang. What do you take me as? A thug?" 

 

Sunmi chuckled while tapping the foundation lightly onto Hyunah's skin. "No, but I thought I would state the impossible first. So, what happened? Did one of the guys finally lose it?" She joked. 

 

Hyunah pursed her lips together before glancing at Minho, who stood suddenly beside them. "Onew just called. We have to leave in half an hour." 

 

Sunmi gasped before turning to Hyunah. She fastened her pace and dabbed a good amount of concealer on before mattifying her work. 

 

"She looks caked." Minho stated as he stared at Sunmi's so called masterpiece. 

 

"You stressed me." Sunmi said, hurriedly, before turning to Hyunah with a apologetic face. "I'm sorry." 

 

"Nah, it's good. I'm not the one who has to stand on stage." Hyunah said and glanced at Minho before hopping off from the seat to let him sit. Hyunah stood in front of the mirror while looking for some tissue papers. Once she found some in the mids of Sunmi's tools, started she dabbing the excessive amount away. 

 

"It looks better now." Sunmi said when she noticed what Hyunah was doing. 

 

Hyunah lowered the tissue to let Sunmi see and sighed in relief. "Really?"

 

"I still have to get ready here." Minho said which earned him a scowl from the stylist. 

 

Hyunah chuckled when she noticed how stressed Sunmi was before pulling on her wig. Her locks fell out while she started wiping on the bangs of her wig due to the makeup she got on while dabbing the makeup away earlier. After being satisfied that there were no remains, put Hyunah the wig back on after stuffing her hair underneath it. 

 

"I will get going then." She said while making sure that no blonde hair was sticking out. However, she caught Minho's gaze in the reflection of the mirror. And he wasn't one to look away after being caught. 

 

"Ok, text me later!" Sunmi exclaimed while busying herself with Minho's brows. 

 

Hyunah walked pass the two with a brief nod since she still had to go after some schedules too for today. 

 

***

 

Sunmi was right even if she was joking. One of the boys did that to her when not on purpose. But it didn't mean that it didn't hurt. It hurted like hell when she received it and even more so after looking at it. So, she did what any person would do. She went and confronted the person who caused her that bruise. 

 

Tao looked down. Just anywhere but not at Hyunah's face. He was always a little over the top an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter