one: The Chesire Cat

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey, I'm living with a boy group."

 

Wouldn't that just be the coolest thing? Good looking, popular and talented. The most seek-out boy group in Pacific Asia. The next big thing after BIGBANG and Suju. 

Well, Hyunah doesn't think so. 

 

"It's crap." Hyunah muttered for the thousandth time probably.

 

She rolled her eyes once to twice when the boys faked a smile or a laugh only to be polite to the hosts of the show. They weren't the nice and sweet boys they appear to be. They were everything and anything just not nice. They were spoiled and arrogant brats. Maybe good-looking but that's about it. 

 

"Okey, get in." Hyunah rolled her eyes underneath her sunglasses while honking. Member after member appeared.

 

"I can feel your eyeroll." Suho supplied helpfully with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

 

"It wasn't supposed to be a secret, anyway. Now get your in, Joonmyeon." Hyunah said a bit irritated. Out of all the 11 members was he the iest.

 

"Whatever." He grunted and got into the backseat.

 

Hyunah was about to retort something but it was useless seeing that he already plugged his earbuds in. "Get in, Jongin." She sighed when she saw Kai standing in front of the van.

 

"I know." He muttered and sat down beside Sehun. His smartphone still glued to his hands.

 

"Gawd, they are worse than a girl on period." Hyunah mumbled before pushing onto the gas pedal. Life as a manager wasn't easy. Especially as the manager of EXO. She adjusted her wig underneath her cap before driving the boys to their next schedule. "Seat belts on or.. not." 

 

***

 

"Kyungsoo, get your makeup done." Jaehyun ordered when he saw that Chanyeol left the dressing room. D.O nodded only, still with his headphones on, and walked over to the room.

 

"Just how are you doing it?" Jaehyun turned around to face Hyunah, who was crossing her arms as she nodded towards D.O's back. "They barely listen to me." Hyunah complained as Jaehyun went to her side.

 

"Maybe because of your accent." He supplied which earned him a glare from the girl. He shook her glare off with a chuckle before crossing his arms over his chest. Jaehyun gave her a friendly shrug. "I'm just kidding. You are getting better with your korean."

 

"Shut up." Hyunah muttered with a eye roll.

 

"It's not like they are listening to me either. They do whatever they want." Jaehyun shrugged. "They only listen sometimes when they feel like it." Jaehyun said after a while when Luhan appeared on the set. Hyunah glanced at the guy for a moment before turning back to Jaehyun. She followed after the guy through the mass of staff members, who were busy making the boys ready for the photoshoot.

 

"I don't think I'm fit for this job. They are way too stubborn to listen to me." Hyunah said as she held a bottle of water up.

 

"That's mine." Baekhyun said and snatched the bottle away from her.

 

Hyunah looked after him as he walked towards the photographer. "Gosh, I hate them so much." Jaehyun chuckled only before leaning against a close wall just when the assistent of the photographer passed by them.

 

"You know they aren't as much jerks as you think they are." Jaehyun added when he saw that Hyunah's water bottle was now in Baekhyun's possession.

 

Hyunah turned around to face Chanyeol who was humming to himself while listening to music. She stared a bit longer at him, trying to see what Jaehyun tried to make her understand about them. As if he could feel her gaze locked he eyes with her for a moment before finally looking away with a snort.

 

"I can still change my mind before this week ends, right?" Hyunah asked.

 

***

 

As if pretending to be a boy wasn't worse enough. You had to live like a boy in private too. Hyunah still had a few days before Jaehyun had to leave. She envied him a lot. His next underlings would be DBSK, which consists only of two members and not 11. This was luxus to Hyunah. Aside from the fact that Jaehyun was handsome and nice, was he also reliable. He managed things well and never lost his cool. Jaehyun was everything Hyunah wasn't. But that was because he learned those things over the years as manager. In Hyunah's case was it way different. She didn't learn it nor did she learn something similar. She dropped out of college and started working part-time here and there to earn a little bit of money. And just a year ago decided she to go back to South Korea, going back to her roots, since she has been living abroad ever since she can remember.

 

"What. I even have to check what they eat? Isn't it enough just to hand them a list of what they can and what they cannot eat?" Hyunah asked when Jaehyun continued his lecture of how to be the Perfect Manager.

 

Hyunah got barely up without one of the boys complaining why she woke them up so early. As if they didn't know about their schedule. She finished brewing her coffee as she stared at Jaehyun. Her blonde hair was sticking out into each direction. The black short hair wig she spotted everyday covered her gold locks well. Hyunah had visible eyebags since one of the boys had a schedule going way into the night.

 

"No, it's your job to watch over them and this includes watching over their eating habits too." Jaehyun reminded her as he placed 3 colored cards in front of her. He held the pink one up which read "DO NOT FEED THEM THIS". Hyunah merely shrugged when Jaehyun held the next card up. The yellow card read "FEED THEM A LOT WITH THIS". She gave it only little reaction as well seeing that the boys were indeed lacking proteins. And besides she could give a about what they ate and what they didn't. 

 

"Whatever. I already gave up being a girl for them. I can as well give up on the idea of having a private life." Hyunah said in the end before taking her daily dose of black coffee with her towards the living room.

 

Most of the boys were already out. Meaning, Hyunah had the living room for herself. And Jaehyun of course. "I'm still wondering though why you gave me this job. I'm probably the one who is the most unsuitable for this job." Hyunah said as she leaned into her seat on the couch which was clean from dirty clothes and crumbles of eaten snacks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter