fourteen: The Up's and Down's

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"T-thanks.." Renjun muttered quietly while scratching his nape awkwardly. 

 

"Nothing for." Hyunah looked at him for a while before reaching forward to smooth down the single strand of hair that sticked out. "And now go and kick asses." She winked at him before pushing him forward. Renjun fell almost forward due to the sudden push but smiled when he entered his dorm. However, Hyunah's smile fainted when he disappeared behind the automatic doors.

 

"And here I thought I would treat him out today." 

 

Hyunah glanced behind her when she heard the familiar voice. Tao was standing behind her, his black hoodie was covering his eyes well but she still knew it was Tao. His height and most of all his voice gave him away. And let's not point out the gucci shoes he was wearing. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Hyunah asked as she looked at him. She looked more disgusted than surprised.

 

Tao raised his head to look at her properly before pulling a face. "What's with that look?" It wasn't like he was expecting her to be happy about his arrival but he didn't expect a sour face either. 

 

"Nothing. I'm just wondering what you are doing here?" Hyunah muttered when he came up to her.

 

"Do you know him? How is he doing?" He asked instead of answering her question.

 

"Yeah, just keep on ignoring me." She replied to which he still didn't respond. 

 

"You mean Renjun?" She asked. Tao briefly nodded before returning his gaze at her. "Yeah, I ran into him a few times. He is a nice kid." 

 

"He is." He whispered. Hyunah didn't even realize that he was saying something. She turned to him with a incredulous look. "Anyways, what brings you here and how did you even get here?" 

 

"1. Question: That has nothing to do with you. 2. Question: Cab." He replied instantly before pointing at the car on the other side of the street.

 

"Hey, don't walk around freely at this time! Especially at this time!" Hyunah retorted when she saw the taxi driver peeking at them. "And don't drive with suspicious looking taxi drivers. Gawd..." 

 

"I will go and pay the driver. You go and get into the van." Hyunah muttered annoyedly before crossing the street while looking left and right. 

 

Tao frowned at her back before doing as told. It wasn't like he was eager to get back into the taxi, anyway. He his heels and did as told. Shortly afterwards got the a few inches smaller girl into the driver's seat. He glanced at her when she turned the engine on. He was still amazed that this girl was capable of driving such a big car on her own. Tao was deep in thoughts when she suddenly held onto the head of his seat. Hyunah was concentrating in driving out which caught him off-guard a little.

 

"Why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" He heard her suddenly say while she tried her best in not harming the jeep behind her. "I won't kill you at least not with me in the same car."

 

Tao didn't even hide his eye roll as he crossed his arms. Hyunah, however, found the reaction amusing and smiled to herself while driving safely out of the little parking space between equal big cars. The only difference was that they costed far more than the company's car. 

 

***

 

"Do you really have to marry that guy?" Baekhyun deadpanned Sunmi from the moment she handed him her wedding invitation to the moment Hyunah sprung up in glee. "I'm far better than he is."

 

"You are far more of an idiot." Hyunah hissed at him. She would never understand that guy. How could he say something like that to the bride-to-be. 

 

"Just speaking the truth." He snorted.

 

"No one asked you for your opinion." Hyunah replied and both of the two engaged into a short-lived eyeing contest before both turned their attention elsewhere. Their shared moment of fear during the brown-out long forgotten. 

 

Hyunah opened the envelope with her neatly written name immediately. However, she frowned slightly when she saw the date. "Wow, that's in a month?" It wasn't like she was used to attending weddings. Truth to be told that would be her first one. But she didn't think it would be that soon. 

 

"Yeah, we planned to do it in the early fall but then.. wouldn't it be more beautiful during a warm summer night?" Sunmi asked. Hyunah turned to the older girl. It was as if Sunmi was emitting stars from her whole body. The girl was too happy and ignorant about all the other things around her. And who was Hyunah, anyway, to point out such a thing. She smiled in the end. 

 

Suho whistled when he noticed the location of Sunmi's wedding. "Haevichi Hotel & Resort? No wonder you are marrying that dude. He has money, huh?"

 

"Is that.. a special place?" Hyunah asked unsure. Hyunah noticed a few dirty looks she got from some of the boys. The nickname 'foreigner' would forever stick to her name, huh?

 

Suho was one of those, who shot her a look before glancing at Sunmi. "It's one of those seeked out places. Something you can only rent if you have the right connection and the money." 

 

Sunmi rolled her eyes subtly. "I'm not marrying him because of money. We are paying equally for the wedding. And I just so happened to get coincidently in - a entire week was still free there. End of story." 

 

"So, you are paying for the wedding venue?" Lay pointed out. Sunmi flashed him a confused look before shrugging. "So what? Why are you guys so interested in that matter?" 

 

"Just wondering." Lay snubbed before turning his attention back to his phone game. 

 

"Don't pay them any attention." Hyunah added. She too found the boys quite annoying. Why couldn't they just be happy for Sunmi? "Do you already have your dress?" 

 

Sunmi grinned at the mention of her wedding dress. "That's the first thing I was looking for." She giggled before happily getting her phone out. Even forgetting Chanyeol in front of her, whose stage make-up she was doing at the moment. Hyunah went and stood beside Sunmi while Sunmi showed her images of her wedding dress, where she was holding up a piece sign. Two of her friends were standing behind her. Both the girls engaged into a heartful talk about the upcoming day, while the boys watched with wrinkles in between their brows.

 

Kris along with Luhan and a few other exceptions turned away from the two when they felt a smile growing on their lips. A wedding was indeed something beautiful, wasn't it?

 

***

 

"D.O-ssi, it's your turn now." A female staff member announced as she gestured towards the dressing room. His other co-stars weren't here yet. So, he had the honor to change first.

 

The door closed behind him since his stylist waited for him to finish changing before she could adjust his clothes for him once again. D.O was about to get his pants, which were hanging in the corner, when something shook him out of his thoughts. He raised his head slowly to turn around. He didn't scream when he saw a head popping out from behind the couch but rather widened his eyes. 

 

"W-who are you?" He asked. However, the answer didn't come immediately since the person thought he was hiding well. But D.O wasn't the patient type, so, he hardened his voice when he repeated his question. The person behind the couch flinched when he heard his stern voice. He stepped forward to the couch. The fear at first from the unknown vanishing now completely. A person was stalking him and he didn't find it amusing at all.

 

"Kyung, you are taking way too long. The stylist-" Hyunah stopped mid-sentence when she bumped into a rather angry D.O and a female. She was about her age. It looked at least like that. Hyunah's hand was still on the door knob as she stared at the female. She was on the more chubbier side with a smudged orange colored lipstick staining her lips. 

 

"What's going on here?" 

 

Both of them didn't say anything at first. The only thing Hyunah noticed was D.O's hardening expression at the girl. To be quite honest she haven't seen him yet pulling that kind of expression. She was used to his reserved side until she broke his shell.

 

Hyunah startled when she felt a tug on her long sleeve before turning to D.O. "She broke into the changing room. Get her out." He hissed underneath his breath before turning away from the strange girl completely. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter